Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review

A by Dante Walker
"

meh i was bored one day

"

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Saturday, Aug 2, 2008

Let me just say something straight off: The Legend of Zelda series is just spectacular... it really is

However Twilight Princess stands out on a number of things: It's graphics.. duh! characters, and (after you have beaten the third dungeon and gotten the dark crystal out) it gives you the unique option of transforming into a wolf on demand.  And since when your a wolf you can warp around using portals, it pretty much defeats the purpose of Epona... except for the last battle and some cutscenes. 

Bye Epona!

HELLO WOLF LINK!

But the story gets a bit stale after a while... Having Midna order you around can get to be quite a pain in the um... ahem.. you know what i mean.  Also the whole legend of a hero thing gets a bit old as well... why can't YOU make the legend? Ah well... maybe they'll come up with that next. And having to save Zelda can be a pain in the kiester as well.

All of the Dungeon's graphics are absolutely gorgeous and the bosses are usually pretty fun to fight.  But again the layouts are a bit stale... Forest Temple, then Death Mountain, Then the Water Temple... But enough with that ranting lets move on.

tell me that isn't gorgeous... go on try it

What is a LoZ game without puzzles! Most of the puzzles in this game are carefully inbed,...  but if you look at the stage long enough you'll find yourself thinking "d_ _ _... how the heck did i not see that?!?!?" But most of them involve using a weapon that you recently aquired or using an old one in a new way.  Such as using the Gale Boomarang not only to hit enemies but to hit switches and carry bombs to distant targets. 

Onto sword tactics! For the Wii version if you just wave the Wii remote around like a crazy person, your bound to come out without breaking a sweat, (or losing that many hearts either :3).  The secret techniques make the game pretty unfair though.  For instance the Mortal Draw.  TOTALLY UNFAIR!!! Even up against a Darknut without any armor on, if you manage to hit it with a Mortal Draw it's a 1 hit K.O.  However, they do bring things back, i.e. having to have to defeat Ganondorf with the Ending Blow... (i actually tried to defeat him without using it... IT DOESN'T WORK!!!)

The music of course is classic LoZ awesomeness...

The Review (dun da dun dun DUN!) 

The Goods:

Absolutely awesome graphics

Great in depth characters

Awesome new weapons

The Bad:

Sword tactics are way to easy to master

Game play is WAYYYYYYY to long

and thats pretty much it!

© 2008 Dante Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. I'm usually not into those kind of things, but I've played a little before. I want to turn into a wolf! *smile* Thanks for getting me excited about it again after, eight some years!

Posted 15 Years Ago


pritty kool, sounds like fun.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1252 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2008

Author

Dante Walker
Dante Walker

Princeton, NJ



Writing
Someone Someone

A Poem by Dante Walker