The Interrogation

The Interrogation

A Story by Daren
"

Detective Jamison has finally caught the man behind the rape killings. And with one more woman missing, he's desperate to make Erik Masters talk.

"

“Where is she Erik?” Detective Jamison asked, demanding to know the answer. The interrogation room was alive with the tension between these two men. Detective Jamison had spent the past three months investigating several sexual assault cases resulting in homicide. Despite the little evidence Detective Jamison and his team could scrounge up at each crime scene, they all had one thing in common: each woman’s mouth was gagged with a navy blue silk tie. And now, as Erik Masters sat in the interrogation room with his finely pressed white dress shirt and navy blue silk tie, he grinned. 

“I have no idea where April is detective,” Erik replied, seemingly poised. April Williams was the latest woman to go missing in the series of murders. She was only a 19-year-old student at the Art Institute of Chicago, but now she was a scared girl who had been missing for the past three weeks. Detective Jamison had been working day and night trying to solve these cases, but now that April had gone missing, he had a new obsession.

“I know you took her Erik. It’s the same M.O. as the rest of the women you raped and killed.” Detective Jamison said as he slammed his hands down on to the table. He was so frustrated with Erik. He was too clever; even though he knew he was guilty of the crimes, Erik still had the upper hand. Erik knew he was Detective Jamison’s only hope of finding April, giving him a great bargaining position. The only problem was that Erik didn't want to bargain. He didn't care if he was sentenced to prison, or even killed for his crimes; he did them for pure enjoyment. There was something about watching women plead for their life without hope that made Erik feel satisfied. He had always enjoyed punishing women, from the time he slit his mother’s throat while she slept to the first time he raped a woman. But out of all the women he had destroyed, none were quite like April. She was special; from her long brown hair to her smooth caramel skin, she was the girl Erik had dreamt about. Now he finally had her, and he couldn't have been happier. 

“I’m only gonna ask you one more time Erik, where is April?” The desperation from Detective Jamison’s voice seeped from each word he said. 

“I don’t necessarily know where she is detective, but I might know where she’ll be in a few hours.” Erik answered with a sneer.

“And where’s that?” 

“At the bottom of Lake Michigan,” Erik replied, barely able to contain his oncoming laughter. 

Detective Jamison grabbed Erik by the collar with such ferocity, it even startled Erik himself. With their faces barely an inch apart, Detective Jamison stared angrily into the soulless eyes of the murderer. “Now you listen to me you piece of s**t,” Detective Jamison spat, “You better tell me where April is, and you better tell me now. Because if anything happens to her, you won’t get a trial. I will rip you limb from limb until every last sin bleeds out of you. Do you understand?” 

“Wow, very poetic detective. I’m thoroughly impressed.” Erik said, with an unnerving sense of peace. “To be completely honest, though, this is your fault.” Erik uttered flatly. He looked at Detective Jamison, still at ease. “I mean, didn't you ever tell your daughter not to talk to strangers?” Erik had finally done it; he had broken the detective. Now, as Detective Jamison threw Erik to the floor, he burst out into laughter. He couldn't stop laughing, even after being struck time and time again. The other detectives who had been watching the interrogation now had to come in and pry Detective Jamison off of Erik. Once the conflict had been diffused, Erik stood up, lightly brushing himself off. 

“Now detective, you know you shouldn't be taking that kind of action. It really goes against your character.” Erik’s laughter had gone down to a hushed chuckle. Knowing he had awoken the beast within Detective Jamison, he couldn't help but feel accomplished. 

“You tell me where she is, or I’m gonna kill you!” He shouted, his voice hoarse from the rage and desperation welling up inside of him. 

“Why don’t you find out yourself?” Erik asked. Suddenly, the phone rang. Detective Jamison rushed to pick up the phone. Moments passed, the phone silent. 

“Hello? April? Are you there? April, are you there?” He asked, fearing the worst had already come. 

“Dad?” It was her. Detective Jamison sighed with relief. At least for the moment he knew she was safe.

“April, it’s okay. Just tell me where you are and we’ll come get you.” 

“Dad, I don’t know where I am. I can’t see anything. Please help me.” April’s voice croaked as she started to cry. 

“April, it’s okay. Just tell me where you are and me and the detectives can�"” 

There was a piercing scream through the phone that could be heard by everyone in the room.

And then there was nothing.  

© 2015 Daren


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on April 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2015
Tags: crime, investigation, police, interrogation, cops

Author

Daren
Daren

Springfield, MO



About
Just continually trying to explore my mind. more..