Highschool

Highschool

A Story by chandlerl
"

My essay for highschool about what I've learned

"

I've learned more in my four years of highschool then I have the previouc years combined. Some of those things were hard lessons learned and I've found more then a few dissapointments. I've found a great many losses and a great many tears, but upon the tears I've cried, I've found hope. For the tears which fell heavy, sank into a soil and from there they found a seed, which founded growth. And from that growth came a flower. As my swollen eyes opened they rested on that flower and as they saw the flower, they came to realize the good heartedness of manking and that no man or creature alike is held in higher grace in the eyes of God.

 

Yes, through the tears, bitterness and drama of highschool, I have found hope. Hope for the future. Because in this drama sesspool I have found a few good friends. And that is when the fountain of hope sprang from my heart. I learned to love myself and a world that doesn't quite know how to love itself. I learned to have hope, for what is this world, but a barren wateland without it.

 

It was not overnight I came to love myself, friends, family. It is an old saying from Rome, 'Grow or Die'. Well that is the hard choice I was faced with at my young age. And so I learned to grow with my fellows. To help those grow around me, instead of bring them down. Who can best beat the dowfrodded, but themselves. Who would want to? Still though, I have seen those around me beaten down with slanders and hate, but still I have faith that we can grow. It is in my expert, highschoolers, opinion that the world can grow as I have, in these past four years, and also remember, it progress, not perfection.

 

I have also learned an essential lesson; that if a person's heart seems cold, it needs only be warmed. Human kindness is out there, you need only look. No man is above another because ever man, woman or child has the power to do good. What they choose to do with their choices is another thing, but if you do the next best thing, you can't go wrong. Do the next best thing and remember the past, but let it go and move on. Do the next best thing and show kindness to another human being and you can not go wrong.

 

In highschool I have learned a great many things most of them not educational, but important lessons none the less. I will not forget highschool, but take the hope, growth and kindness for others into the future with me.

© 2013 chandlerl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 9, 2013

Author

chandlerl
chandlerl

antioch, CA



About
Ive been a writer for a long time...disspite my age...I write mostly dark...twisty stuff...with an occasional light at the end... more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by chandlerl


Rage Rage

A Poem by chandlerl