Thoughts..Of..Mia...

Thoughts..Of..Mia...

A Poem by robertsteese
"

thoughts

"
There is no picture for you. There is no moment without you. There is no future that is true. There is only a thought. Whispering in the blackness of your mind. It is soft and almost to low to hear. So you dream that dream. So you can hear your screams. It is hiding behind those fears. Seven wicked little things. Trying to embrace the night. Always fighting the light. Cascading tear drops falling on hot cheeks. Crashing into burning flesh. Breathe by breathe. Lighting your way. Hot ears. Hearing the same screams pretending to be whispers. Life pretending to be dream and nightmares forgetting to pretend to be days. I can not pretend. I feel the heart beat of a stranger who is my friend. I wish I could see the fear. Even the pain. I would with all my might devour it all. To but release you from this treacherous torture. There is no power over fear but one. There is no power over pain but one. You are this vessel, which embodies such the power. It is your warm beating heart. It spreads through your veins coursing through every inch of your body. Infecting your whole being. Even your thoughts. It is virtually invisible until it takes hold. It burns. Searing you from the inside out. Changing you instantaneously and without warning. Some say corrupting. Other's believe, freeing you totally. It will come. It will be quick. But it will burn deliciously. It will be volcanic. It will replace all that was not true. All that was holding you. This new fire. This new dream. It will erupt from within you. It will trust you and let you finally be you. It will set you free to be all that you dream to be. Dream within dreams.

© 2013 robertsteese


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"There is no moment without you. There is no future that is true. There is only a thought. Whispering in the blackness of your mind." That is some good poetry...A good write...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on March 17, 2013
Tags: thoughts, friends, dreams, darkness, wonderland.

Author

robertsteese
robertsteese

San Antonio, TX



About
I am a writer who's greatest influence is Clive Barker. I write supernatural horror combined with film noir. I have written a novel in a series. Currently working on several books and some short fict.. more..

Writing
Winter Winter

A Story by robertsteese


Domain. Domain.

A Poem by robertsteese