My Dying Wish

My Dying Wish

A Story by TurtleClark

I know I've written to you before but i feel you finally need to know the truth. My love for you has never faded even though i sit here in this house on the hill. I know we are so far apart but at night it still feels as if you are lying next to me. When i walk through the halls of this old and empty house i hear your laughter bouncing of the walls and the empty frames that used to hold your likeness. 
Do you remember how it felt that first night as we sat on your porch watching as the stars stretched over the black curtain of sky? We sat and laughed as I held u promising never to let you go. I haven't broken that promise i swear i still hold tight to u in the beautiful reminders of your face in my head. I still see your jade green eyes and the dimple on ur left cheek. You never wore much make up and you never needed to. I remember how when you laughed to hard you would close your eyes and hide behind a veil of cascading red curls. 
I have to tell you this now before its to late. I can't continue on with out you in my life each day is simply a passing dream. I live in a daze of longing that will never end. So today I write to tell you i can't do it anymore, but i wish you the best. When you hear of my death please do not weep for I can now see you everyday. I can hear your laughter and hold you tightly in my arms. I can watch you smile and laugh as I did before this happened. 
My final wish for you is for you to always remember me and the love i felt for you. I want you to hold every memory of me dearly in your heart but don't allow my memory to hold you back. Find love in the arms of another and hold him just as dearly. Have children that look like you and have your smile and your laugh and your wit. Live your life and be strong. This is my final act of love before a take the pills........letting you go. 
I have always loved you Willow. 

Always in your heart
Xander

© 2013 TurtleClark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

When I read this, I imagined someone writing this on a typewriter trying to find the exact right words they wanted to type, and like this letter was so real. Great job, it made me sad, but I thought you did a great job with the overall feeling of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very dramatic, tough write filled with beauty too

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ooh, this resonated with me. Especially since her description mirrors my own right down to the left cheek dimple (I have only one).
It was hard for me to read emotionally (that's a good thing. You did a great job conveying the feelings through the words).

Not sure if it was on purpose, but you slipped into text speak a couple times with "u" for "you".

A great, haunting piece!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2013
Last Updated on April 5, 2013

Author

TurtleClark
TurtleClark

Harrisburg, PA



About
Who are we truly? We walk through this expanse of life that we are given blind to what is truly surrounding us. There are few who see it all, who look beyond what is solely in front of them and they a.. more..

Writing
Eat Eat

A Poem by TurtleClark


Fear Fear

A Poem by TurtleClark


Tatoo Tatoo

A Story by TurtleClark