The Door

The Door

A Story by Dark Writer
"

A series of stories all revolving around Ranov, a young man who finds a sacred door leading to different worlds and dimensions.

"

Ranov dove silently into the clear, icy pool of water, bubbles and black hair trailing out behind him. He did not the feel the cold, nor did he feel the pain in his lungs for there was something calling him, beckoning him to come ever closer, to kick his young, tan legs and not look back to the light.

 

As he exited the small chute of glittering rock and seaweed, Ranov saw a cavernous hole spread out before him. Shoals of tiny fish and the soft cracks of light pierced the silent tomb, but Ranov knew this was not what was calling him. The pull was leading him to a dark hole on the far wall of the underwater cavern. Ranov easily glided through the water, fish scattering as he came near. Priceless gemstones melded forever in the rock-bed below him glittered and beckoned to be caressed and touched.  As he neared the hole, he felt the tug of water drag him up a dark, ominous chute. Holding onto the slick, mossy stones, Ranov released the last of his oxygen and allowed the current to suck him up, bumping gently against the stones and fragile coral, the need, the unknown desire, growing stronger and stronger with each twist and pull up the  winding chute.

© 2010 Dark Writer


Author's Note

Dark Writer
It's very short, I know, but this will be a "series" of sorts. I had the idea of introducing the main character first, then the door, then go on to different scenarios in which Ranov finds himself in as he travels from world to world via the power of the door.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sweet script... let your imagination build on it in the 'series' you mention ... powerful grip and detail ...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2010
Last Updated on April 4, 2010

Author

Dark Writer
Dark Writer

Hogansville, GA



About
I'm 15, I enjoy reading, writing, yoga, meditation, and personal journaling. I've been writing for four or five years now, and enjoy the darker side of fiction. more..