a profession

a profession

A Story by heather
"

this isn't exactly a creative writing. just a profession of my love to someone dear, and i felt like sharing. perhaps you feel, or long to feel, this way about someone. or perhaps you already have.

"
I want to take you out and show you off. I want to tell everyone that you're mine, and that I belong to you too. I want to hold your hand in the car, at the dinner table, and at the movies. I want to hold your hand in public because I don't care who sees. I want to lay with you an inch away and whisper how much you mean to me. I want to spend my Friday nights on the couch with you, intertwined. I want you to experience everything life has to offer in love. I want you to feel something more than a common love. I want to give you all the things you couldn't get from your last, or anyone you've ever had. Not because I'm in some sort of competition with your past, and not because I need the self-assurance, but because I want you to feel all the things you've missed out on so far. I want to cross uncharted territory with you, without any sense of direction, without anything but faith and determination. I want you to believe with every fiber in you that just because something is magical, that doesn't mean it can't be real. I want you to know nothing but complete joy in the way you're treated. I want you to realize what you're worth, and I want you to know what it's like to be appreciated at all times. I want you to know what it's like to be incessantly desired. I want to know all your fears, and all your hopes. I want to know what makes you happy, and what doesn't. I want you to be able to always laugh and never get bored or want to stray. I want to make you feel alive and excited. I want my friends to tell you how annoying it is when I talk about how in love with you I am...but it's ok, because they just want the same. They want someone like you for themselves, so they can feel all the things you've made me feel, and all the things I want to give back. I want you and I, to be an "us". I want "us" to be something you want too, and I want "us" everyday, always.

© 2012 heather


Author's Note

heather
everything i could possibly profess, to which the reply was, "i love you."
we don't speak much now,
but my love remains undying to this very day.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I used to want to feel that way.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2012
Tags: love

Author

heather
heather

Bakersfield, CA



About
a catalog of my thoughts, a public display of private emotions, and might i add, uncertainty of the highest degree. how do you do? more..

Writing
binding binding

A Poem by heather


imprisonment imprisonment

A Poem by heather


a dream a dream

A Poem by heather