The Essentials of a 3-Part College Assignment

The Essentials of a 3-Part College Assignment

A Story by davidfre
"

The structure of a college assignment paper is one of the most important things that students need to understand and memorize for all their projects. Agreeably, the length and type of the paper might

"

Here we are talking about the 3-part structure that assignments are built on. You might be already familiar with the concept of introduction, main body, and conclusion, but here we are going to dive further and understand how all three components of any assignment influence the quality and mark the completion of your overall work.

Introduction

The introduction of an assignment normally provides an explanation or description of a situation or problem in a general tone; explains why the situation (or a specific aspect of the situation) is important to address; and state your objective, your position in discussing the problem, and organization of the paper you will input.

The prime aim of the introduction section is to let readers know that you have entirely understood the assignment topic or question and will be discussing it accordingly. Remember, you aren’t going into the details yet.

There is no predefined length for an introduction, due to the fact that each industry and teacher’s requirements might vary. However, because you aren’t discussing anything into detail yet, it shouldn’t be long. On an average, the introduction is around 10% of the entire word count.

Students should understand that until they finish their research, it is quite difficult to determine the structure of their paper they plan to create. Therefore, it is better to write the introduction last.

Conclusion

The conclusion of your assignment will normally cater a summary of your main pointers, arguments, ideas, etc.; a summary of your evidence and its evaluation; and a comprehensive answer to the main question of the topic.

Note that the conclusion is more focused and specific than the introduction. You have already mentioned your ideas in the introduction and main body, here you won’t be repeating but only commenting on them briefly. Avoid stating any new idea or fact, it should have already been included in the main body. The work count of conclusion is similar to that of the induction.

Main Body

The main body content easily covers the major chunk of your entire paper, both in terms of word count and rich details. It will consist more than one paragraphs, or blocks of content to base and relate ideas.

Guiding your reader

The longer your assignment, the important it is for the student to guide the reader through it appropriately. Inform them about the structure; use tone and choice of words that displays the various aspects of your paper relating to each other in a cohesive manner; and clearly differentiate the core idea or aim of each paragraph from others.

The structure of paragraphs

It might not seem much, but a single paragraph can further be dissected into three constituents:

·         An opening sentence that introduces the topic, further, linking to the context of the last paragraph;

·         More than one sentences talking and refining the topic with the help of analysis, evidences and claims; and

·         A sentence that finishes the paragraph, also linking to the succeeding topic or paragraph.

Consider the following paragraph tagged with the above sections:

(1) Unarguably, corruption is a highly critical aspect to focus on, as it is born where the power resides. (2) Corruption can cover different forms: political, involving the deception within the legal system and military forces of a nation; economic, misuse of taxes and foreign investment; etc. (3) A nation instilled with corruption in its veins is impossible to prosper regardless of the resources and talent in hand.

The above is a simple example depicting the structure and dynamics of a paragraph. While the same concept can be stretched to the entire assignment. The point to understand is students need to master the art of structuring their assignment, hence making it easier to write the content for submission.


© 2018 davidfre


Author's Note

davidfre

Steve Jonson is a certified College Curriculum Designer and has worked for many diverse degree programs. Besides his regular job in helping institutions design the perfect curriculum on semesterly and yearly basis, Steve also works for Pro Assignment, the best assignment writing services UK with a large number of academic disciplines under their expertise.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your content is well-written and simple enough for a novice to understand. As a result, it can be extremely beneficial to beginners. Thank you for sharing that information. I admire and respect writers like you.
Cash for Huawei Phone


Posted 2 Years Ago


If you don't want to write lengthy homework and want to get help from expert writers, you can take help from the AllAssignmentHelp organization. We offer Java Assignment Help at a low price. Our experts are at any time ready for your work.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

596 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2018
Last Updated on June 28, 2018
Tags: assignment

Author