The Crows Of Imagination [Excerpt]

The Crows Of Imagination [Excerpt]

A Story by David M. Marek
"

bird's p.o.v. of a middle-class family's day at the amusement park that is Six Flags Over Texas, circa 1967.

"
                                                       THE CROWS OF IMAGINATION
                                                    
                                                     a short story by David M. Marek


     Once I was feeling out of sorts--sometimes edgy and often non grata.  So, I stopped what I was doing [nothing of importance], then, thought back to another version of myself.   Soon enough I was backtracking--years and years? (It makes no difference how many, as far as the crows of imagination are concerned.)--retreating to another era, but not necessarily a particular place (as the one I was imagining doesn't exist, anymore--except on some old, faded map--or, does it?)
     "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" had just come out and the monster that was Dallas, Texas all at once seemed to dress itself in flashy colors, effectively turning its back on drabness.  Reds and oranges and lime greens appeared like the Spring line, interspersed with beige and grey ribbons--like concrete rivers, all conveying multi-hued fishes to other rivers, and ultimately to rectangular holding ponds, where the fishes would spill their contents.
In this way the family from 9525 Springwater Circle eagerly crossed the sizzling parking lot to Six Flags Over Texas...

[and so it goes on]

© 2016 David M. Marek


Author's Note

David M. Marek
this is one of eight pages

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this very much, though I feel your thoughts would have more impact without the parentheses diffusing the power of them

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
1 Review
Added on January 4, 2016
Last Updated on January 4, 2016
Tags: crows, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club, Dallas, Texas, Six Flags, colors, family

Author

David M. Marek
David M. Marek

Bath, ME



About
Writing... more..

Writing