To put his pain away

To put his pain away

A Poem by Davina


To put his pain away is what I'd like to do, 
That which exists for him in his today and all of his tomorrows.
To gather the aches and agonies into my arms, 
Not forgetting his coming sorrows.

I would indulge him with ceaseless contentment.
 For this egregious act, I feel not at all repentant. 

Along with rare and true blessedness, and the gentlest of bliss,
He would have only the sweetest and most sublime kiss.

I'd forever lock away any tortuous pain on which is written his name.
Take him forevermore out of the game.

And with his own allotted pain, I would become fully occupied,
To this endeavour, I would become eternally bonded, eternally tied. 

If I had my way he would forever know nothing of sadness or suffering.
No mandatory wounding of the uninjured heart for him,
Only an unremitting, gentle and vigilant buffering.
No God's lush green labyrinthine maze of misery would for solving ever present itself to him.
Scuffles and skirmishes of the heart might mysteriously, and for the rest of his life, solicitously evade him.

He would know assiduous kindness and divine devotion,
 Having no acquaintance with the spiteful and capricious nature of rude rejection.

For him, I desire all of these things.

Though, in truth, it is a tight-fisted gift to bequeath.

In the giving, there would be copious taking,

No knowing, nor feeling, all telling, no showing, never having, never growing.

Even so, still I'd like to put his pain away.

Banish it.

Vanquish it.

See it gone for forever and a day.


November 2015

© 2023 Davina


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very heartfelt write, speaks of the Poet's commitment to keep the other person safe from the cruel clutch of pain and hurt and from all the miseries of this world. We all want to keep our loved ones away from suffering but on this earth where pain is as true as death it's very hard to keep our loved ones always safe from hurt... A very touching write...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Davina

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the read and comments Dhiman. And your right on the button there.
You wrote this beautifully. I caught a tear because it brought me back to when my fiance's parents both died within a year of one another and I just wanted to take his pain away and there was simply absolutely nothing I could say or do expect be there. The ending made me sad, obviously because of the cheating. However, I know what it's like to have someone do you wrong and still want to take all their worries away. I like how you combined my emotions of the two, as the reader. I know writing and poetry are open for interpretation and I may be completely off here, but I thought it was a fantastic piece!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Davina

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to read. I'm delighted you liked it. x
I really like it ! Could you please see the story i wrote? it's not finished yet actualy !

Posted 8 Years Ago


Davina

8 Years Ago

Hi Kinza. Thank you for reading.
Dear Davina,

A beautiful sentiment. Ah, this is so difficult to do and doubly so because of our own weaknesses. This task is almost certainly beyond us, but we can certainly help by being there and sharing to load.

Again, a wonderful message.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 8 Years Ago


Davina

8 Years Ago

Thanks again Rick for comments and taking the time to read. Much appreciated. Davina

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2015
Last Updated on September 16, 2023

Author

Davina
Davina

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland



Writing
Shorthorn Shorthorn

A Story by Davina


Double Diamond Double Diamond

A Story by Davina


Mortar Bee Mortar Bee

A Story by Davina



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..