Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by mysteryman

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Prologue.



Blunt force trauma.  The weapon, a fireplace poker, lay by the body.  He barely recognized the face.  In his memory, it was a youthful and cherubic face, like a chiseled Adonis.  Now it was disfigured and distorted, with multiple facial fractures, and a pond of blood.  The hair was was matted with dried blood, stuck tight to the face.  The eyes were open, caught there by surprise, but now with a milky film of death spread over them.  The nose was obviously broken, crushed into pulp and his mouth was gaping open, with the skin split open from the right corner of the mouth up to the left nostril, like a cleft palate. Several of the teeth were knocked out.  There was no tentativeness in this beating. He did not even bother to check for a pulse.  He called nine-one-one and told the dispatcher that this was a homicide.  He stood beside the lifeless body, waiting for the crime scene investigators and homicide detectives to arrive, and realized he hated the smell of blood, raw like old coins.



© 2011 mysteryman




Reviews

Great prologue. Can't wait to read more. Very intriguing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

7 Views
Added on September 13, 2011
Last Updated on September 13, 2011
Tags: kidnapping, blackmail, murder, adultery


Author

mysteryman
mysteryman

MO



About
i am a 43 year old man who has resumed writing lately after a 20 year hiatus, LOL. i'm not very good yet, but what i lack in natural talent i make up for in ambition. more..

Writing
Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by mysteryman


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by mysteryman


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by mysteryman