Even When the Lady with White Jasmines is No Longer Here

Even When the Lady with White Jasmines is No Longer Here

A Poem by dyani
"

Someone who's hurt by something behind the beauty of the things she got.

"
I was just given a rose. It was beautiful, but the only thing I feel now is just the thorns. People say its smell is good. People say it's perfectly shaped.

It was not my first rose. Once I was given a rose from a friend. It smelled good, but she did not warn me about the thorns. I should have learned, but I did not.
That time, I was fine 'cause I had the cure.
I sat at the corner of the room. People offered some bandage, but "Thank you, I've had my own cure."
I sat at the corner of the room, and I opened my bag. I found that jasmine, and wow... it smelled really good, and the best thing was that it had no thorn.
Only by touching its softness and smelling its fragrance... my pain disappeared. The thorns did not, but the pain did.
I held the stalk full of thorns, and I was fine. I had the jasmine, anyway.

There are so many good people. They keep giving me roses, yet none of them warn me about the thorns! I am a careless girl! I forget things easily!
And this rose is... different. The rose I just got. The rose he just gave. It was the prettiest, cleanest and most fragrant rose I have ever seen, touched and smelled within my whole life.
But, again... I have told you, I am careless. I touched the stalk, and it also felt different. The thorns are small yet very, very sharp. Never have I seen such sharp thorns.
I held it using both of my hands! Immediately right after I saw it. Tightly! And the thorns sticked to my palms! Both of them!
I can no longer see the beauty nor smell the fragrance. I can only feel the thorns!
Some people offered me bandage, but bandage would not help! They are sticked to my palms! They offered helps. I said, "Yes."
But, ahhh.... too hurt.
No, they cannot help. I need my jasmine. I have checked my bag, but I could not find it. The fragrant jasmine. The soft jasmine. My white jasmine.
Where is my jasmine?

I used to hold that jasmine in my right hand when the thorns hurt my left one. But now the thorns hurt both of my hands. They are even sticked!
I used my teeth to open my bag, but I have told you I could not find it. I used to carry one every day from her garden whenever I went. She used to give it every morning. She always knew thorns would hurt me, so she gave me jasmines.
But now...
There is no garden. Means there is no jasmines. But I need that jasmine now! I have tried to find the withered one, but...
I want the new one! From her garden!
Honestly, I do not even know where she is now. The soft-voiced lady with white jasmines. She left and abandoned the garden.
There is no garden. There is no jasmine.

Alright.
Just let the thorns.
I will pull the stalk out, but maybe the thorns will remain. It is alright, even if I have no jasmines.
There will be no jasmines, but I think I can use her garden and plant other kind of flowers... with no thorns.
I'll plant them right after I pull out the stalk from my palms.
I'll plant them with the thorns within my palms.

© 2016 dyani


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on January 29, 2016
Last Updated on January 29, 2016
Tags: love, hurt, broken, desperate, spirit, mother, rose, death

Author

dyani
dyani

About
an INFP more..