My weary friend

My weary friend

A Poem by dead dreamer
"

I have a friend that has lost his way. He used to be respected by everyone. Now it seems that I'm one of the only out of dozens he hasn't used or screwed over. I hope he wakes up...

"
I gotta respect you, you're insane. You're like the other half of my brain.
You think in ways like no other and I'm proud to call you brother.
We aren't related by a drop of blood. We're just a combination of mud.
We're not dirty but our minds are. They scour the "gutter" near and far.
You always know how to make me laugh. I drop to the floor my sides in half.
You're always there when I need you most. When I'm half beaten or a former ghost.
You are one of the few that inspires me to soar.
Get the most out of life and a whole lot more.

When I was beat and down you ran to my side.
You shouted at 8 and made them hide.

You didn't care about those fools.
I was about to get hurt and you bent the rules.

I've been there for you when you were alone and drunk. No one else could snap you outta that funk.

I pulled you to your feet and gave you a hug. Wiped your tears away you goofy lug.

Dude you've changed and so have I. Now all you wanna do is die.
Run away from daily life. Run into the street and pull out your knife.

You're one of my closest friends, my brother. Even though you wink at my grandmother.
She's got the spoon its time to run. Back to the start dude where there's fun.

Even though things and people change. I remember who my friends are and wouldn't trade them for anything.

© 2013 dead dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the way, you know this person extremely well, your thyming scheme is strong and overall a great read

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013

Author

dead dreamer
dead dreamer

Lebanon, PA



About
My name is Skyler. I'm a fairly easy going person..well I try to be anyways. I often write about whatever on my mind. I'm into a lot of things. If you have any questions for me simply ask and you'll r.. more..

Writing
Battle Battle

A Poem by dead dreamer