Paper Cranes

Paper Cranes

A Story by Andii
"

One set of blue eyes stole her heart with a song. The other set of blue eyes was supposed to only be a one night stand. Which set of blue eyes will she see forever with?

"

Chapter 1- Blue Eyes

 

So don’t fall in love, there’s just too much to loose

If you’re given a choice, the I beg you to choose

To walk away, walk away don’t let her get to you

I can’t bear to see the same thing happen to you

 

Dec. 17 2014 3:13pm

 

The heart monitor has become my lullaby in these last 4 weeks.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

“Please Johnnie for me, wake up…..” a whisper, a plead, words that I have repeated over and over “Open those blue blue eyes for me”.

It was my fault. Everything that happened was my fault.

His auburn hair falling into his pale beautiful face. Those long eyelashes touching his cheek. Those blue blue pools you can just drown in hidden from the world. I did it. I let him go.

 

February 13 2009 11:00pm

 

“Drink! Drink! Drink!” the crowd scram and I of course followed the order.

Today I turned 16, and even if this party was not specifically planned for me I would treat it as it was so.

“I think she’s had enough. Move it b*****s!” my best friend Cadence scram to my crowd as she pulled me away. The crowd dispersed like lightning as soon as I stepped away.

“ I am not drunk yet” I pouted as I was being dragged away.

“Mrs. Daredevil I am not in the mood to deal with your passed out a*s, so sober up Buttercup!” replied an annoyed Cadence.

Cadence and I have been bestfriends since 6th grade. We were both next to each other for the class school picture because we were the shortest people in our grade. We started talking in the line when they were positioning all 250 people in our grade for this big panoramic picture. We both decided that we hated pictures and that we should take advantage of the situation. For the next 30 minutes while posing we decided to make a funny face for each shot. Due to the huge amount of kids in our grade nobody paid enough attention to us, but when the pictures were sent to the parents we ended up with a whole month worth of detention and of course a new best friend.

“EILEEN!!!” I heard someone yell over the accumulating crowd.

Sean’s dirty blond hair was all I could see rushing towards us. Sean was Cadences twin brother. Sean was my song writing buddy. After Cadence and I became best friends Sean started hanging out with us as well. He discovered my musical talent one night while he was playing his piano. He said my voice was “Heavenly Epic”. Ever since then I started singing. Not to the public. Only to them. Cadence’s and Sean’s parents were modern hippies. They believed emotions needed to be let out through an artistic method. Cadence played the violin, Sean played the piano, and I her new daughter by best friend default sang and thanks to them picked up on the guitar as well. Sean and I ended up writing songs together along with the guitar lessons. Sean now has a band and as much as he has been begging me to join I haven’t fallen into the stage performing temptation. I helped him write his songs and that was good enough for me. Today was the first time I was actually going to see them perform and actually meet some of the band members. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Writing lyrics was like spilling your guts into paper, and as much as I had said it was okay for him to use them I was freaking out. I at least owed him that after all the free music lessons.

Sean finally stood before us. His long arms wrapped around me and held me tight before setting me to the ground. Sean was super tall and strong. He didn’t do any sort of sport, but that didn’t keep him from growing to a 6 foot muscle giant. He was handsome with short hair and green eyes. We had always had a close relationship. Not a boyfriend/girlfriend, but more of a let’s make out and do the nasty when we are bored. He and I were the only ones that understood our relationship. Last year we sealed the deal together and lost our virginity. Cadence doesn’t know of our extracurricular activities though and we both decided it was for the best. She had always tried to set us up, and we wouldn’t give her some sort of hope when all we had was a physical agreement.

“We are going on ….in like….right about now, so come on chicas” he said grabbing my hand and pushing along the crowd.

I heard a screech and then a deep voice “One ….Two…Three…can ya’ll hear me”

A few screams from the crowd answered back.

When Sean dragged us to the front I looked up to see whose sexy voice was the one coming out from the speakers. Blue. Blue was the first thing I saw. An electric blue searching around the crowd.

“Hello guys! We are the Somebees. Thank ya’ll for coming. We are a mere seconds from rockin your ears off. YOU READYY!!” he said happily into the mic.

I couldn’t part my eyes from him. He was so close to me. He was like five feet away. All I could see was him. His strong jaw, his blue eyes, his broad chest, his short dark faded hair, his smile with cute dimples, his straight white teeth…..

“Eileen!!” I heard Cadence scream in my ear “Are you okay?? You left this world for a sec there. Sean has been trying to catch your attention since he made it up on stage”

I finally focused my attention back to Sean, and sure as hell he was staring at me with a cocked eyebrow and an amused expression on his face.  I blushed as I started twirling one of my curls. “Sorry”

I then heard a strum of a guitar. I focused again on blue eyes as he was strapping a black Ibanez. Gorgeous. He was absolutely breath takingly gorgeous.

“This is a song called “When she smiles” by our songwriting extraordinaire Sean White and his Secret Musical Angel” blue eyes said.

My heart started beating faster as I heard this. This is it. My heart will be spilled out to all these people. I felt my breathing come out faster as I heard a C chord start off the song. I was a mess of emotions….excited….nervous. I started pulling on my hair again and chewing on my lip. Bad nervous habits. Cadence grabbed on to my hand and squeezed it. She could read me like a book.

“Maybe is the way she walks with grace

Maybe is those freckles on her face

Or the way those eyes shine

Man, that girl is so fine.”

10 seconds of the song was all it took for me to be completely and utterly starstruck. He was it. His smooth deep sexy voice while talking was one thing. His singing voice….was….no words can describe this utterly amazing fluttering feeling on my stomach, and as if he could read my mind he looked straight at me.

“I would bring down the moon and stars,

sing a few verses with my guitar,

Run away with you for miles miles

All these things come to my mind

When this girls smiles”

I smiled up at him, and looked directly into his eyes. I saw them flash from electric blue to lighting gray. It was beautiful. His voice was beautiful. He was just beautiful. The way those words danced around in the air when he sang them made me float up in the air. By the time my feet landed back on earth the song had ended. The whole time I had held eye contact with blue eyes. Did he know I wrote the song he just sang??

“So tonight we have a few requests from our crowd.” His stage presence was charming and captivating. Wow….I had never complimented someone so much in my head…..my brain must have turned to putty. “I will now pick someone to choose a song from the audience”

He smirked as he came up to me. I could see Sean eyes go wide along with his grin. I stared up to blue eyes.

“Hey doll face! Wanna pick a song?” he asked. I felt my face immediately heat up. I heard a bunch of girls screaming like they were about to faint. I looked towards Cadence searching for approval. She was drooling over blue eyes herself.

“Sure…I guess..Yeah” I said shyly as he put the mic on my face.

“What’s it gonna be??” he asked as his smirk grew bigger. He knew the effect he had upon me which made me even more nervous. I stared up to him like a drooling idiot unable to hold myself together. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. My brain started working again like magic and I searched for the perfect song.

“Do you know Mayday Parade??” I asked pretending I didn’t know that Sean knew every song on piano by heart.

He nodded.

“How about “three cheers for five years”?” I said smiling shyly at him.

He grinned “Sure doll face, but I might need some help”

I froze. I heard the beginning of the song. He hadn’t stopped staring at me and he was still grasping my hand as the piano started playing. I couldn’t sing. My knees started trembling like a new born horse. He noticed and squeezed my hand. I took a deep breath as I looked into his eyes. I melted. His voice then started the song.

I swear that you don't have to go
I thought we could wait for the fireworks
I thought we could wait for the snow
To wash over Georgia and kill the hurt”

As he sang the last line he looked at me expectantly to sing along with him. My voice shyly and quietly tried blending in with his.

I thought I could live in your arms
And spend every moment I had with you
Stay up all night with the stars
Confess all the faith that I had in you

He smiled at me approvingly. I smiled at him and I felt all my fear melt away. My voice got strong and louder.

I sang by myself.

“I had in you” I heard my voice loud and clear through the speaker. Not bad….I thought. I started singing with even more confidence looking towards the audience. Cadence face had a huge smile and I can see how proud she was of me. This was a big step. A HUGE step.

“Too late, I'm sure
and lonely
(Another night, another dream wasted on you)
Just be here now
against me
(You know the words so sing along for me baby)”

I turned again towards blue eyes. He gave me an even bigger smile. I am guessing he was expecting a tone deaf fan. He urged me on to sing the rest of the song by myself as he sang my back up.

“For heaven's sake I know you're sorry
But you won't stop crying
This anniversary may never be the same
Inside I hope you know I'm dying
With my heart beside me
In shattered pieces that may never be replaced
And if I died right now you'd never be the same…..”

When we finished the song my heart was beating super fast and loud in my ears. The rush of singing in front of the audience was consuming me little by little. I loved it. Now that I had a taste of it I couldn’t get enough. Everyone was screaming their head off. Our voices together had truly sounded “Heavenly Epic”.  Blue eyes was staring at me with new intensity in his eyes. A glint of something showed in his eyes. He came closer to me and leaned towards my ear. I could smell a hint of axe and cigarettes on him. “I could sing my life away with you” he whispered.

My knees trembled again, but now it wasn’t from nervousness. I was falling. Never believed in Love at first Sight…..how about Love at first song. I smiled at him. I then heard Cadence screaming at me. I looked towards her and I noticed her face looked worried.  My face paled as she pointed towards her phone and saw her mouth “YOUR MOM”. I quickly jumped off stage without turning around. I grabbed her hand and pulled her with me outside the house.

“What happened??” I asked her.

“She called while you were singing, and I am guessing the phone answered itself while I was jumping up and down. I am so sorry” she replied freaking out.

My parents were strict. They loved Cadence and her family because for the most part they played an act of 100% responsible in front of them. My father was a lawyer, and my mother was an English Professor in the University. They both were never home and believed that I was an Angel. I was good at pretending and keeping up my perfect daughter act. I loved my freedom.

“F**k! So did you talk to them??” I asked.

“No. By the time I noticed they had hung up?” she replied. I could see her eyes tearing up.

“Cadence don’t cry. It was not your fault.”

“The night was so perfect for you though. I ruined it. I am a ruiner!!” she said as she finally burst out crying “No way in hell will they let you see me again. The night is so ruined cause of me”

“Cadence!! Stop it. F**k it! Let’s keep on partying. If this is my last night of freedom let’s keep on the party!!” she looked at me with big eyes.

“I can’t believe you just said that.” She said as a smile started spreading in her face “Are you sure?”

“Never surer in my life” I replied excitedly. The rush of being bad while my parents knowing was a little overwhelming. This might be my last night out of jail, but I will enjoy it. “So who is you topping from the football team today?”

“Will. I think I am going for Will today” Cadence replied as her sweet smile turned to a devilish one.

“How about the main flavor?? Has it changed??” I asked.

“Nope. Johnathan will forever and ever own my heart and other places. He has since 3rd grade and probably forever will. We are getting married you know??” Cadence replied practically drooling at the thought.

Johnathan was number 17 on the football team and number one on Cadence’s heart. Her little Johnnyboy love bloomed on a Valentine’s Day in 3rd grade when he sang a very out of tune version on Jessie’s Girl for the school talent show, and gave her a squished rose after the song ended. I am pretty sure it was part of the show, but according to her it was some sort of secret love confession. To Cadence he was her soulmate, but that didn’t stop her from having some side toppings as she calls them from the athletic teams. Apparently before going for the main flavor she needs to get experience from everyone else. Some people might call her s****y, but she is my s**t and I know her intentions are not bad.

“Ready??” she asked

“Let’s drink our asses off and party till the night ends!! Do you think I can work my charm on blue eyes up there??”

She looked at me with an evil glint “Girl I think you already did. Let’s loosen you up with some b***h drinks and then send you off to get some”

 

Feb 14, 2009 9:30am

 

Warmth. I could feel warmth all over my face and orange through my still closed eyelids. My head was pounding. Too much alcohol I am guessing. I can’t open my eyelids and I wish I could just live through the day with them closed. I should just fall back asleep. I hear someone else breathing. F**K! Who the hell is with me? Maybe I should open my eyes. Only a tiny bit. It is probably just Cadence. She probably dragged me out of the party and took us over to her house, so I wouldn’t have to deal entering hell while drunk. A hand started stroking my cheek. Okay maybe it is not Cadence. Maybe it is Sean. Sean doesn’t do touchy like this though. Maybe it is blue eyes. BLUE EYES!! My hair!! Oh my God my curly hair must have taken a life of its own. He must think I am secretly medusa and he might just turn to stone. I need to open my eyes now.

The light blinded me, and I had to blink a few times before the blurry figure laying beside me took some sort of shape. He backed his hand away from my face as soon as I opened my eyes. Blue eyes……..but not my blue eyes laid next to me….shaggy auburn hair and a little small smirk on his lips.

“Good Morning Curly locks” he said in a deep voice. He was not wearing a shirt and I could see his perfectly formed body.” I do not know what happened last night, and I think you might not either. I do know though that I really did not mind waking up this morning even with a huge hang over next to the Mrs. February hooters calendar girl.”

The f**k keeps coming out of this fucktards mouth, and why haven’t I moved a muscle other than blinking. Come on brain work!! And so it did. I gripped the covers as I sat up. Let my freak out rant begin. “The hell is your problem, and where the hell am I?? Where the hell are we? Did we do something? What the hell happen?? How did we end up here?? You will not tell anyone about this. Have you told anyone about this?? Did anyone see us?? Is my hair a mess??”

“SHUT UP FOR A SECOND!!” he scram shutting me up. “Too many questions I don’t think I can keep up with them, so let me answer what I know. We are in my room, and the party was in my house. I think since we are both naked we can assume something happen, and there is a condom wrapper on the floor. It can’t get any clearer than that. We drank too much therefor I do not remember s**t either. Can we be civilized and clean up the room, and maybe get some greasy breakfast in our stomachs before you launch in a blow out again??”

I looked at him confused. I was expecting him to kick me out in all honesty, and as much as he was a jerk he was offering a one night stand greasy food. I stood up without another word, put on my clothes, and started cleaning the room up. We fixed the sheets and comforter together quietly. I bend down to pick up the condom wrapper, but as I bend down I noticed something wrong.

“Um….is there another wrapper around??” I asked him a little worried for the answer.

“No. Wishing we did it more than once??” He asked with a cheeky grin and a quick wink. I blushed at the same time my stomach dropped. I bend down and picked up the unrolled condom beside it.

He looked at me carefully and then I saw his face turn pale in less than a second. “We fucked up” I said throwing it at him.

I felt my face start heating up even more and I felt slightly faint. He walked up to me and wrapped his hand around my wrist. He started dragging me out of the room and down the stairs. The hell just happen? We entered a very big white kitchen I recognized from last night. All the beer bottles and cans were gone and it looked squeaky clean. I am guessing he had some very good friends to actually stay and clean the nasty mess from the night before. He sat me down and started cooking. I saw him prepare eggs and put some toast while the silence consumed us. Should I say something?

“You have a nice house. It is clean” I said awkwardly.

He turned around and stared at me curiously “Yeah. Thanks. I asked my friends to clean it if I ended up disappearing on them…..I guess they really want to be able to throw another party in the future in my house. I heard you singing. You are really talented.”

I blushed. I had already forgotten about that. That was amazing….and blue eyes…..f**k what happened with blue eyes…..I probably ruined it….or he saw me kissing…….A plate was put in front of me cutting my thoughts off.

“You know we are probably safe. It takes all this biological precision to get pregnant. People can go years and years trying for a baby, and you never know maybe one of us is sterile. Maybe we just passed out naked” I started ranting again.

He put a finger to my mouth to shut me up. “Relax and eat. We will worry about that later. It is probably nothing like you said. I will keep your secret like you asked me to. I am also pretty sure we did stuff….let’s just say I woke up in a more compromising position than when you woke up” he made me blush once again.

I felt a little relief when he said that though, but I still rushed and ate all my food like the house was about to burn down. I finished, took my plate to the sink, and washed it without saying another word.

“Bye. I need to go” I said quickly while hugging myself. The awkwardness in the room was suffocating and I needed out.

“Let me walk you out”

“No it’s okay I can let myself out”

He shook his head and once again grabbed my hand. I did not let his hand go as we walked along the hallway. I was still freaking out from the night before and his hand felt like some sort of comfort.

He stopped in front of the door, and brushed a curl away from my face.

“I forgot to answer one of your question curly locks” he said as a small smile spread across his face. I looked at him puzzled. What the hell is he talking about? Next thing I know I felt a soft warmth in my mouth. He kissed me. Just a peck in the mouth, but a sweet peck. I blushed and he let out a little chuckle “Your hair is a mess, Eileen” I blushed even more and quickly turned around to open the door.

“Goodbye Johnnie” I called out as I ran towards the sidewalk to make my way home.

“Don’t call me that Curls!” he scram back.

“Sorry JOHNATHAN!!” I scram back. I looked back towards his house. He was still standing there watching me walk away. He is not going to tell anyone. I could totally tell he will not blurt out a word.

As I looked back towards the house I bumped into something that made me fall on my a*s. I looked up ready to kick the mailbox that caused my accident, instead I found myself looking into some hazel eyes.

“Oh f**k...” I whispered to myself.                

“Oh f**k is right Eileen.” Replied Sean in an unhappy voice “How about I take you home and you can tell me the honest truth of what I just saw?”

 

© 2015 Andii


Author's Note

Andii
This is my first story, and the first time using this website as well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am still doing some editing here and there. Sometimes when you read stuff to yourself it sounds good, but when someone else reads it you notice all these grammatical mistakes and stuff so do not be scared to let me know what you think. This is the first chapter of this story. Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on September 16, 2015
Last Updated on September 16, 2015
Tags: love, romance, friendship, drama, one night stand, pregnancy, teen, young adult, novel, fiction, music, comedy

Author

Andii
Andii

TX