Letter To An Old Flame, No Longer Does The Fire Burn...

Letter To An Old Flame, No Longer Does The Fire Burn...

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa
"

my true gut feelings expressed in writing

"

My friend, If you have ever walked the path and swayed off into another direction, the road is still paved with your signature. It is up to you, which way to go. It is all in the choices that you make for your life is what you make of it. Choose your friends wisely, and it you partake of the seeds you have sown along the way, make sure they are of a good harvest, or surely you will reap bittersweet memories. When the day comes you find yourself walking alone, your heart weary, your feet sore and no one seems to give a damn; remember me in a good way, and know in your heart of hearts that I did care. Maybe a bit too much for my own damn good. I am your friend, but are you truly mine? I have as yet to see it, grasp it, feel it. So I am finally home where I belong for now. Time for me to get my priorities straight and get my life back on track. You are in my prayers always. Tonight I burn sage for you and for me, too. The air needs cleansing that I have been breathing. I need to realize that my spirit has been set free! After all these years, so maybe I made a fool of myself, my heart is a bit tattered, not really broken as no promises were spoken, but it hurts still to know that I've been played. Now, the game is over, I have found no four-leaf clover. I have not the luck of the Irish and I have no soul mate. Kudos to you for finding yours. I hope she keeps you warm on the coldest of nights, if only in your dreams, until you reach the other side. For there once was a time many moons ago, that you undressed me with your eyes, or was it I that undressed you with mine? Now, the times have changed us and the sun is setting. I am at a loss for words. You left me with nothing to come back to... So we can be friends, just friends; sharing a house where love can never flourish or grow and yet live life more abundantly partaking of the white man's whiskey and the ways of this world. There is no horse to ride off into the sunset with hair blowing in the wind. There is no Indian Reservation for to call one's home. So where do I fit into your world? I am not your sister, I have no brother. So when your lips kiss me without cause nor reason, it is not a good thing when you ask me to kiss you back. So I chose to walk away! Just know in your heart of hearts, I did a lot of thinking about this situation, my decision to leave Florida and return to Ohio, seems to be the best thing I can do for me. As for you, I hope you find your way back to "The Red Road", all in due time, or be happy on your own path in life.


Selavi!

© 2016 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on February 27, 2016
Last Updated on February 27, 2016

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing