Standing strong, in solidarity!

Standing strong, in solidarity!

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa
"

Speaks volumes of the feelings and emotions I have when it comes down to the injustice and inhumane world we live in.

"
Wow ™ she took the words right out of my mouth. She said the things I been thinking about, she spoke of the earth and all that it's worth. She is me, we are one and the same. Scarier than the fires of hell and old satans regime. God is alive and well and he sees and he hears and he knows of the powers that be. Are they really going to destroy his creation for their war games, entertainment and recreation? I feel such frustration living the world's greatest nation. Built by the stripes and the scars on our backs for our labors. We are all related, we are one. I read somewhere that we were the ones that sat on the shores of Galilee. We are the seeds of our ancestors, sown by their blood and spilled upon mother earth. We are the survivors our lost brother's have failed to destroy. We lost our roots along the trail of tears. We buried our hearts at Wounded Knee. We found our strength in numbers, for we are like the stars 🌃 in the evening sky. We replenished our souls with unity, dignity and solidarity. We stood our ground as a proud, yet humble people's at a place called Standing Rock.

© 2017 Deborah Leah Krempa


Author's Note

Deborah Leah Krempa
Just thankful for you, the reader...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'God is alive and well and he sees and he hears and he knows of the powers that be.'

Finely laid words, myth-like to start then gaining power line by line as if to assert your thoughts and emotions. Perhaps each 'clan' claims to have that Precious Light protecting and loving it. But for sure, that Light is so great, surely it shines for all Mankind. To remember that, has to be, should be, one of the essentials in gaining true Peace? .

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a heart felt piece of writing. There are lots of references that i can't pick up on. I'm puzzled by the phrases 'we are all related and we are one' and 'the ones that sat on the shores of Galilee'. I am picking up that this is about the US being Gods chosen nation. Personally I get worried when anyone claims God to protect their nation - it seems to be the excuse for all sorts of nasty things. I would love to see you fleshing out your piece (and i admit i may have misread it) and filling in all the references. (Wounded knee!)
A facinating story.
Alan

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2017
Last Updated on March 18, 2017

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114