Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Above the Dead...Season 1, Episode 6 "Grief" (Season Finale)

Above the Dead...Season 1, Episode 6 "Grief" (Season Finale)

A Screenplay by Mike Decker
"

In a world, and situation, full of grief, will anyone survive the season finale...

"

ABOVE THE DEAD . com


Season 1, Episode 6  (52 pages) (season finale)

"Misery"

 

INTRO

 

BLACK

 

Sound of multiple people, breathing hard...

 

FADE IN:

 

EXT. GRASSY AREA - DAY

 

Close-up feet (four pairs), running (on grass)...

Sound of sirens can now be heard.

POV Zane running, panning back to him followed by 3 teens, jogging off patch of grass and onto a sidewalk, past a 7-11 (people shopping in background, revealing this as a flashback).

 

Cut to St. Johns bridge, panning down below, where Zane and his 3 Freshmen students, jog down a steep hill, toward the river...

 

ZANE

Time to push it! Last one to the end of the dock,

gets thrown in!

 

All of them burning hard, as they speed up, racing toward the river. Zane first one onto dock, as others follow. Zane turns corner of dock, speeding toward the end. The students all hit the corner, and almost lose balance, going into river, with laughter, as they regain their balance, and race to end, where Zane waits with a laugh of his own...

ZANE

Alright, alright, take a knee.

 

Students all taking a knee, while catching their breath...

 

ZANE

(speaking through deep breaths)

Got my future varsity ace (Travis), my catcher (Eric),

and my best hitter (Nate). Little league days are

behind you, and high school ball begins next Spring.

You guys have four years together, to do something

special, something you'll remember, and take with

you, the rest of your lives. You guys can just go half-a*s,

and enjoy the ride...or you can take that a*s, and

absolutely work it to death. Not just your own a*s, but

the a*s of every teammate you have, over those years,

older or younger. Especially the younger. On and off the

field. Become a family, a family with goals. A family that

achieves those goals, and gets every damn thing they can,

out of these next four years. (staring them all in the eyes)

I'm almost certain I can count on each one of you, not to

let me down. I will be here to help, as much as I can. (his

phone begins ringing) But it's your game...

 

Those guys rising, with some high-fives, and heading off dock, as Zane answers phone.

 

ERIC

Man, that makes me want to get on the field,

right now!

 

TRAVIS

Play ball, baby!

 

ZANE

(speaking on phone)

Hey, cousin... Hello???

 

Zane looking at his phone, seeing that "call ended". He begins walking off dock. He looks ahead at students.

 

ZANE

Um...why are you guys walking? (they begin

jogging) I'm walking for twenty more seconds,

and don't expect you guys to let me catch up

with you, before we get back to the school.

 

ERIC

Pizza on you, if you don't!

 

ZANE

Deal! And 6am jog tomorrow morning, if I do!

 

Students begin running! Zane waits several more seconds, before taking off after them. He runs off dock, as someone reaches out grabbing him, from bushes. He stops (freaked out). The person begins laughing...

 

ZANE

Miles! Is that why you hung up on me!?

 

MILES

I saw an opportunity, and had to take it, cousin.

 

ZANE

Thought you were going to meet me at the school?

 

MILES

Got here early and -

 

Miles attacked from behind, as Zane begins pounding some guy in the face (soaking wet, like he just walked out of the river), who just took a small piece of flesh (with his mouth), from Miles' arm. Zane continues to punch him, and finally shoving him down (as the punching doesn't faze him much).

 

ZANE

What the hell is the matter with you?!

 

Guy keeps coming, as Zane again pushes him back, and down, then grabs Miles and runs off. The students come running to their aid.

 

ZANE

Where's your car?!

 

Miles pointing across the field, as Zane guides him that way, with a look back at the huff, who is following. He looks to students, as they arrive.

 

NATE

What the hell happened?

 

ZANE

That tweaker bit a chunk right off his arm! (students

aggressively going after "tweaker") No, don't! He's

jacked up on something! (a grimace/shake of head,

as they go anyhow) Don't let him bite you!

 

Zane turning back toward car,  running alongside Miles. He looks at all the blood from the injury. He looks back at the students, pounding on the huff. He turns back ahead, as they arrive at the car, when Eric begins screaming, like he's dying. They turn to look, and are shocked by what they see...

 

Their POV, of both Nate and Travis, running in terror, as Eric is being eaten alive. Zane instantly runs toward him. Then he stops, realizing it's far too late, with shock all over his face. He looks back at Miles. Nate and Travis catch up, also in shock, as they run right past Zane, to the car. Zane follows, but with continued looks of shock, back toward Eric.

 

He arrives at the car, climbing in, still looking back at Eric, as the others plead for him to get in, which he does, and peels away…

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

THEME TUNE/CREDITS

 

Shots of all the chaos in the city, on day 1 of the “zombie” apocalypse, followed by bumper-to-bumper traffic on the highways, and tons of angry/nervous people honking or trying to pull off the road. Shot of Mt. Hood, followed by shots of a huge tree house overlooking a lake, which dissolves into the Columbia River, and traveling down it, through a huge forest fire, before reaching the Bonneville Dam. POV continues down the river, past the Glen Jackson bridge, flowing by tons of houseboats where the dead are falling into the river, chasing after whoever is drifting by…

 

POV of the Willamette River as it goes under the St. Johns bridge, and up into the hills of Portland. It travels over them, into the Beaverton area, crossing over the top of the Nike World Headquarters, and keeps traveling over farmlands, and into the coast range, finding the Glenwood Market, and a large camp with log walls, across the creek and behind the store…

 

POV speeds over the Tillamook Forest, Highway 26, and a bunch of other lands, before coming to the Columbia River, traveling west, under the Megler bridge, and into the ocean. It continues along the shoreline, past Astoria, the Haystack Rock of Cannon Beach, coming to a pair of jetties, and following through the channel between them. POV continues up into the nearby hills, finding a large camp, protected by a large log wall…

 

POV travels back down to the shoreline, and over a huge hotel, with a shot of the Twin Rocks in the ocean. POV travels by the bay of Tillamook, and along Highway 6, back into the coast range, until leaving the road, back into the Tillamook Forest, until coming to a very large compound, hidden away by all the brush and mountain-side, as opening credits roll…

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

BLACK

 

Sound of baby crying...

 

EXT. CAMPFIRE - NIGHT

 

POV panning from the dark, to a burning campfire, then back to some people standing in front of it. Annoyed, they look back toward the tent, with the crying baby. Something snaps in the woods, behind them, as they all quickly turn. One of them instantly bitten in neck, screaming, and bleeding all over.

 

Others go scattering away. There are several tents and cars, including a camper. Huffs are coming from every angle. Another person is attacked and bitten. A group of people hop into a camper (just as it's swarmed with huffs), as one guy drives off with it, before stopping (waiting), once free from huffs...

 

A guy (one from campfire, Tony) runs toward a car (with woman from campfire, Maria). Maria glances toward tent, with crying baby.

 

MARIA

(still running toward car)

What about Adriana and her baby?

 

TONY

We don't have time! They're the reason this

keeps happening!

 

They both make it to the car, where another guy is waiting, with engine running. Baby's mother is heard screaming. Baby keeps crying. Car takes off, as mother stops screaming. Baby still crying. Baby suddenly stops crying, as both the camper and car are leaving the area...

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

EXT. PRIVATE ROAD - NIGHT

 

Car and camper driving along road, with nothing but woods. They come to a cabin, with a tree house in the background (visible, due to headlights). Both vehicles park. Everyone slowly gets out, looking all around. They begin approaching cabin.

 

One of them (Sergio, 35-40) walks toward cabin, while staring back toward tree house. He stops...begins approaching tree house. He eventually comes to hear huffs (trapped in the pit). He slows down, being very cautious. He keeps peeking up at tree house. He stops, and signals Tony over. Tony shines light on him, then tree house. He arrives, as they both come to pit, shining light on huffs. They look at each other, then shine light at tree house.

 

SERGIO

(speaking to anyone who might be up there)

We're not here to hurt anyone. We're just trying to

survive. If no one is up there, or in that cabin...well,

we're going to take it. If you are up there...we'll leave...

if that's what you want us to do...but we could really

use some help.

 

WOMAN

(OS)

DEAD! Two of them!

 

Other guy running toward cabin. Sergio looks up at tree house, one last time, before jogging toward cabin.

 

DIFFERENT WOMAN

Two more!

 

Three of the people along with three young children, run toward/into cabin. A woman and child rush toward/into the camper. Sergio speeding up. More and more huffs flooding the area. Tony stops (looking at all the approaching huffs), he goes for the camper, and Sergio follows. They climb inside just in time, as camper is flooded and surrounded by huffs, while someone screams in agony, from the cabin porch...

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

INT. TREE HOUSE (girls room) - NIGHT

 

Everyone staring at Amy, as Rhett helps her quietly lay down. Scott peeks outside.

 

RHETT

(speaking quietly)

Did your water break?

 

Amy shaking her head.

 

AMY

(quietly)

I imagine it will soon.

 

ELI

(quietly)

They're going to hear her.

 

GREG

(quietly)

They'll be dead or gone, soon. That herd of huffs,

had to have heard them arrive. They're going to

be on them any moment.

 

SCOTT

(quietly)

One of them is coming!

 

They all do their best to keep quiet. Sam holding Bailey. Rhett comforting Amy. Scott ducks down. They all just listen...

 

SERGIO

(OS)

We're not here to hurt anyone. We're just trying to

survive. If no one is up there, or in that cabin...well,

we're going to take it. If you are up there...we'll leave...

if that's what you want us to do...but we could really

use some help.

 

 

Amy a look at Rhett, he shakes his head. Greg standing, with a look at Sam, and about to call out to Sergio…

 

WOMAN

(OS)

DEAD! Two of them!

 

Greg peeks out, as does Scott and Rhett.

 

DIFFERENT WOMAN

(OS)

Two more!

 

Eli now peeking out, as Sam does the same...

They all just watch...

 

Their POV of huffs, surrounding the camper, just as Sergio jumps inside. At the cabin, someone is caught and killed by huffs, as others inside close door. Dozens of huffs working toward getting inside cabin. Dozens of other huffs, continue to surround the camper, as dozens more continue to arrive.

 

POV of everyone in tree house, watching. Then speaking quietly...

 

GREG

Damn it...we're going to have to do something.

 

ELI

What do you mean?

 

GREG

I was hoping they'd leave. Now we have a God damn

mess, down there. (looking at Amy) We have to get

her in the cabin, where she won't be heard. 

 

SCOTT

If the dead get in there first, (shaking head)

it's going to be ugly.

 

ELI

So, what do we do?

 

RHETT

Lead them away. (Greg nodding)

 

AMY

And how exactly do we do that?

 

GREG

One of us has to get their attention...and lead them

away.

 

Amy shaking head.

 

SCOTT

He's right. We have to help them...in order to help

ourselves.

 

GREG

Having them here could even be a good thing. I

didn't see any guns. I think we can trust them.

 

AMY

I don't care if one of them is a freaking doctor!

I know it's Rhett, who's going to have to go risk

his life, while his baby is being born, so excuse me,

if I believe they need to help themselves, right now!

 

Rhett coming in close to her...

 

RHETT

Greg's ankle isn't ready for that. (looking at Scott,

with a smile) Your dad is too old. I got this. (kissing

her, then looking in her eyes) This will not be the

last time you see me...

 

Rhett rises, Greg hands him a flashlight and another gun. Then shakes his hand...

 

GREG

Try not to fire, once on your way back. Don't want

them turning around again.

 

Rhett a smile at Amy, as he leaves the room.

 

RHETT

I got this...

 

Cut to a woman, her young boy, Tony, and Sergio inside camper.

 

TONY

We're screwed! They might not get in, but they

ain't going anywhere.

 

WOMAN

(crying)

I think they got Roberta.

 

SERGIO

(peeking out at cabin)

We may be safe in here, but they're going to

make it inside that cabin.

 

TONY

(peeking out at tree house)

There's a ladder coming down at that tree house!

(Sergio coming to look) Someone's coming down!

(just watching for a moment) What's he doing?

 

SERGIO

Helping...

 

Cut to Rhett, jumping down off ladder. He looks all around, then down at the remains/bones, of Jax. He then looks toward the crowd/commotion, and takes a deep breath...

 

RHETT

HEY! Come and get it, you hungry b******s!

 

Amy, dreadfully shutting her eyes.

Cut to two men, one woman, two young boys, and one young girl, inside cabin. Some of them peeking out toward Rhett, as huffs begin heading his direction.

 

Cut to Rhett, waving his arms around and shining his light.

 

RHETT

That's right. Right this way!

 

Rhett shines his light all around, and back in brush, checking for other possible huffs. He then begins leaving the tree house area, and going past brush and around corner.

 

RHETT

I love you, Amy!

 

Rhett disappears, as over a hundred huffs go his direction.

Cut to Eli, watching from above, along with Greg and Sam. Scott works to keep Amy comfortable.

 

SCOTT

We have to get her inside, asap.

 

GREG

Plan's working perfectly. Once they clear out, we'll

get her in there...and meet our new friends...

 

Dissolve to the last of the huffs leaving the area. POV coming from those peeking out of cabin, as the area becomes clear of huffs…

 

YOUNG BOY

(OS)

Are the monsters gone, Papa?

 

Papa at window.

 

PAPA

They are, and we'll stay inside where it's safe,

so they don't come back.

 

Cut inside of camper, where both Sergio and Tony look out toward tree house.

 

TONY

We should get the others, and get out of here,

while we can.

 

SERGIO

Why? Those people are survivors.

 

TONY

Survivors, who might survive by killing whoever

gets in their way.

 

SERGIO

They why would they help us, like they just did?

 

TONY

To help themselves. They don't want the dead

here, any more than they probably want us here.

 

SERGIO

If they were dangerous, we'd already know.

They were up there hiding from us, worried we

were the threat.

 

WOMAN

He's right. We should stay here.

 

Cut into tree house, where Scott and Sam work to comfort Amy (looking more and more uncomfortable). Greg and Eli are looking out and around...

 

ELI

Pretty quiet now...

 

GREG

We have to be patient. Just moving her could

cause labor pains, that she can't control.

 

SCOTT

Any movement from our guests?

 

GREG

No. Thank God they're not idiots... I'm thinking

it might be time to quietly go introduce myself.

 

SAM

(worried)

By yourself?

 

GREG

I'll be fine. (looking around) Anyone have a

white shirt I can use, as a sign of peace?


SAM

(going to her things)

I do...

 

Sam finding and handing white shirt to Greg, as he grabs an extra gun...

Cut inside camper, where Sergio and Tony continue looking out and around...

 

SERGIO

Here we go.

 

His POV of Greg, climbing down ladder, holding and waving a white "flag", as he begins slowly approaching...

 

SERGIO

(OS)

You see that? What'd I tell you?

 

WOMAN

(OS)

What?

 

SERGIO

(OS)

He's waving a white flag.

 

TONY

(OS)

Could be a trick.

 

POV Sergio.

 

SERGIO

You're right, let's just shoot him dead. Oh yeah,

we don't even have any ammunition, do we?

Stop being so paranoid, these are good people.

With any luck, they won't ask us to leave.

 

POV Greg, still waving "flag", as he suddenly comes to a complete stop. He looks out past the camper, before turning and racing back toward tree house.

 

TONY

(OS)

What the...

 

POV inside camper.

 

WOMAN/CHILD

What?

 

SERGIO

He's running back. (moving to look out other

window) Something scared him.

 

POV Greg, arriving at ladder, and flying right up it.

Cut inside camper, as headlights shine through.

Cut to Greg, hopping off ladder, and pulling it up.

 

ELI

What's wrong?!

 

They can all see headlights coming through tree house, as Sam becomes excited.

 

SAM

Zane! It must be! (looking at Greg) Don't you think?

 

GREG

I sure hope so, kiddo...

 

DISSOLVE TO: FLASHBACK (day 1)

 

INT. CAR - DAY

 

Zane speeding along, in Mile's car. He comes to a dramatic stop, near emergency entrance. Just before climbing out of car, both he and Miles receive texts messages. Zane checks his, then stares at Miles, who is looking down at his, before returning the stare from Zane.

 

ZANE

This has to be connected. (already dialing someone)

That guy bites you, before biting Eric's face off, and

now we get triple sixes!

 

Zane waiting for an answer, while Nate and Travis share a look.

 

TRAVIS

Triple sixes?

 

Zane looking at phone.

POV phone "incoming call, Aunt Scout". Zane answers.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

Scout, what's happening?!

 

INT. COMPOUND OFFICE - DAY

 

Scout (Zane's aunt, Fish's sister), on phone next to Dakota (Zane's sister, also on phone), with sound of others in room, all busy on their own phones, with friends and family.

 

SCOUT

(into phone)

Dad told me to call you. He’s on with your

Uncle Mason. Are you okay?

 

INTERCUT with Zane's car.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

I'm fine, but Miles is hurt. Some guy bit a small

chunk off his arm, before practically eating the

face right off one of my ballplayers. What the

hell is happening?!

 

SCOUT

(into phone)

He was bitten?

 

Everyone else in room stops talking. Grandpa Sam considers grabbing the phone from Scout, but gives a look to Leo (Zane's father), who takes phone instead. (handing his phone to Scout)

 

LEO

(into phone)

How bad is he?

 

ZANE

(into phone)

He'll live, but it's nasty and needs medical attention,

asap. I'm at the hospital now.

 

LEO

(into phone)

No! No hospitals! Bring him straight here. The

infected are biting and killing people. Every

indication has the hospitals as ground zero. We

don't know much, but have heard rumors of

authorities, not only shutting them down, but

locking everyone inside, infected, or not.  

 

ZANE

(looking at Miles/injury, into phone)

Infected?

 

Miles looking at him.

 

MILES

What?

 

LEO

(into phone)

Just get him here, now!

 

MILES

Where's my dad?

 

ZANE

(into phone)

Where's Hunter? Doesn't he want to speak to Miles?

 

LEO

(into phone)

He's busy! We're all busy! He'll call when he can.

Just get here!

 

ZANE

(into phone, while looking toward backseat)

I have a couple of my kids, I have to run home first.

 

LEO

(into phone)

Bring them here! Or leave them there! Jesus

Christ, Zane. Just get your cousin here.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

These are my kids! They have families! I'm not

just dumping them on the side of the road, or

at ground zero, as you're referring to it!

 

SCOUT

(now on other end of phone, into phone)

Zane, it's Scout. Your dad's on with Mason.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

Of course, he is (Zane listening for a second)...

What?! What do you mean someone stole the

helicopter? What the hell is going on there?!

 

SCOUT

(into phone)

It wasn't here, it was at the SSH. Your stepmom,

Troy (Zane's brother), Angela (brother's wife),

Kate (Zane's sister) and Jagger (Zane's brother),

are all there. Dad sent the bird to pick them up.

We're not sure what happened yet, your dad's

about to call them back.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

Are they okay?

 

SCOUT

(into phone)

We have no reason to believe they're not.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

This is a God damn nightmare. Why isn't my

dad already on his way there?

 

SCOUT

(into phone)

He's meeting Mason here in a minute, and they'll

go get them all. (she pauses) and Zane, we haven't

heard from Fish, yet.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

It's only been a few minutes since you sent the text.

 

SCOUT

(into phone)

Yeah, but I tried his phone the moment Dad

decided to send out the code. I tried Samantha

too, no luck.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

They're at the cabin, so maybe they're hiking out

of range or something.

 

SCOUT

(over phone)

I hope so.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

Let’s worry about those we know are in trouble,

first. (about to hang up) But Scout, call me the

moment you do hear from them. Alright...I love

you too, see you soon.

 

DISSOLVE TO: PRESENT TIME

 

INT. TREE HOUSE - NIGHT

 

Sam anxiously peeking out window (next to Greg), as multiple vehicles pull up behind camper (out of their view).

 

SAM

I can't tell. Is it them?

 

GREG

I can't tell, yet. But keep down, until we know

for sure.

 

Both Scott and Amy with hopeful expressions, as they wait. Eli ducking down from window.

 

ELI

They have guns!

 

Greg moving to Eli's window.

 

SAM

They would definitely have guns!

 

Greg ducking down all the way.

 

GREG

It's not them.

 

Amy disappointed, Sam instantly devastated.

 

SAM

What?! Are you sure? How do you know?

 

Sam moving to Greg, who keeps her low.

 

GREG

I think it’s military!

 

CUT TO:

 

EXT. WOODS - NIGHT

 

Rhett slowing down, and turning to walk backward, as he waits for huffs to catch up a bit.

 

RHETT

Come on, you guys are killing me. I wanted to

be back by now.

 

Rhett waving his arms around, making sure he has all their attention. He almost trips, while taking a peek behind him, and all around in the nearby brush.

Suddenly, multiple gunshots begin going off (toward cabin), as Rhett freezes a moment, before huffs force him to continue backward.

 

RHETT

Damn it!

 

Rhett begins running ahead, full speed. He runs right into brush, and getting through it (to other side), as quickly as possible. He fires his gun forward, then turns and races off the other direction. He stops and hides in some brush, as huffs march forward. He grows impatient, and begins creeping through brush. He ends up making too much noise, and attracts some huffs. Eventually they all change course.

 

RHETT

DAMN IT!!!

 

Rhett runs out of brush (allowing them to see him), and racing back in direction he wishes them to go. He continues running a ways. He again finds brush to run through. Again, he fires gun, in direction he wants huffs to continue traveling. He then turns and runs off the other direction.

 

He stops in brush, this time fatigued and willing to be more patient... But now more gunshots begin being fired. Many more. And once again, the huffs all turn around. Rhett looks toward the direction of the gunshots, then to the huffs, now heading that way. He becomes extremely frustrated, and simply walks out of brush, yelling at huffs.

 

RHETT

(waving hands around)

JESUS GOD DAMN CHRIST! ALL I WANNA’ DO IS

GET TO MY WIFE, WHO MIGHT BE SHOT DEAD,

BUT I HAVE TO KEEP PLAYING THIS PIECE OF S**T

GAME, WITH YOU DAMN DEAD PEOPLE!!!

 

Rhett again leading the herd away...

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

EXT. CABIN AREA - NIGHT

 

Two dead men (guys who were trapped in cabin, with the woman/kids), one lying on porch steps, the other on ground, in front of porch. Army soldiers coming out front door, with the woman and children (crying/freaking out), and walking them off porch, where the apparent "head" soldier, pulls out a pistol.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(speaking to his men, who brought them out)

Thank you for not messing up our new living quarters.


He instantly shoots the woman dead, followed with the children. One of the soldiers watches, as the last child to be killed, has the most time to react to the death of her mother, and two brothers. He watches in slow motion, as her scared, horrific expression disappears, by sudden death, as she drops to the ground...


The soldier watching, can't move. He just stares at her lifeless body, and family. His Colonel takes notice, but has no time to react, as suddenly Sergio and Toby go rushing from the camper, to the truck. The soldiers open fire...

 

Tony goes down, before reaching passenger side. Sergio hops inside driver's seat, starting engine. He's taking serious fire. He starts driving a few yards, before shot dead. The soldiers (over thirty of them) rush the camper, pulling out the woman and her child (both bawling). They take them to the porch area, with all the other bodies. The Colonel gleams at the empathetic soldier.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Private Adams...relieve these civilians of their future

suffering, and give them peace.

 

PRIVATE ADAMS

We don't have to do this colonel! We're supposed

to help civilians. Especially children!

 

COLONEL BALLARD

And how do we do that?! We take care of them? We

run a damn daycare center, up here on a mountain

where we can't even take care of our own. How many

children have we already watched dying, or their

parents?! How many have we watched eaten alive?!

Our own kids back home, going through the same

damn thing. It's over for them! It's over for everyone!

Only the strong survive, and only the strong have the

chance to survive whatever kind of sick world this is!

 

The mother and her child bawling uncontrollably. The Colonel looks at them.

Cut to Sam and Amy, completely bawling (quietly) in tree house...

Cut to Woman and child...

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(OS)

The worst thing we have done for this mother and

child, is to have prolonged their ending. Debating

what we've already talked about and agreed upon,

has only furthered their nightmare.

 

Private Adams walks right over to them, fires at child first, then the mother.

 

Cut to Rhett, as again, at least half of the huffs are turning around, after hearing gunfire. Rhett closes his eyes, a moment. Opens and begins jogging around huffs, getting out in front of the ones who turned back toward cabin. He runs toward cabin...

 

Cut to soldiers in silence, looking over dead mother and child. Colonel Ballard walks up to Private Adams.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

We're not bad guys, Private Adams. I want to cheer

and applaud your bravery, in what you just did, but

out of respect for the situation, you'll have to settle

for a pat on the back.

 

Colonel patting him over the back, and walking away. Some soldiers begin moving the bodies, while

others scout the area. Colonel Ballard heads toward porch, walking up it, and into cabin...

 

SOLDIER

(OS)

Colonel Ballard!

 

Colonel Ballard coming back outside. He looks over toward tree house area (darkness previously keeping it from their attention), where soldiers shine flashlights...

 

Cut to Greg, handing Scott another gun. He hands Eli another, and then one for Sam. All of them looking scared for their lives, as the flashlights shine through the tree house windows, and deck...

Cut to Colonel Ballard arriving at pit, with huffs inside (flashlights on huffs).

 

COLONEL BALLARD

What has been going on, here?

 

A soldier flashes a light on tree house, as Colonel Ballard looks up.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Now what kind of fancy five-star vacation rental,

do we have up there?

 

Ballard walking over closer to it. Soldiers cautiously aiming guns up at it.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(speaking to anyone inside tree house)

I know what you're thinking, up there. That crazy guy

down there just killed innocent children. But they're

dead already, they wouldn't survive. A bullet beats the

flesh tearing teeth of the dead, any day. By the looks of

your pit trap thing, over there, I'd have to think I'm

speaking to a bunch of survivors. If that's the case...well,

then we have room for that. The world has room for that. 

 

Suddenly, Amy is heard screaming out, in terrible pain, as her contractions get the best of her.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Are you shitting me, up there? You're bringing a poor

innocent child into this mess?! And you probably think

I'm the bad guy, eh? (walking toward one of his men,

muttering to himself) No wonder the world did this to

itself. (now talking to his man) We can't have that selfish

woman up there screaming, for the next day or so,

attracting every dead piece of s**t around. Hate to waste

a grenade, but could I please get you to fetch me one?

 

SOLDIER

Yes sir. (heading off)

 

Sudden gunfire from the tree house kills one soldier, and sends Ballard and the others ducking for cover, before returning fire. Rhett comes running around the corner of some brush, screaming.

 

RHETT

HELP! HELP! THE DEAD ARE COMING! THOUSANDS

OF THEM!!!

 

Rhett running like a mad man, toward the cabin (most soldiers at the tree house). Gunfire has stopped. Ballard and his men aim toward Rhett, but hold off, at the sound of the herd. They stare toward corner, as huffs come around it, flooding the area.

 

Soldiers open fire on them, and retreat back toward their vehicles. The soldier with the grenade comes rushing to Ballard, handing it to him. He tosses it at the herd, and runs off.  The grenade explodes, as his men continue toward vehicles, climb inside, and retreat...

 

Greg peeking out, as they retreat. Amy begins fighting a major contraction, as Scott does his best to aid her, from screaming out. Somehow, she contains herself enough to prevent blurting out. Greg, Sam, and Eli watch, as the huffs walk through the area below...

 

DISSOLVE TO: FLASHBACK (day 1)

 

INT. CAR - DAY

 

Zane's POV, as he rounds corner of road (plenty of traffic). He comes to see what looks like a baby/toddler, practically in the street (scared and crying). Without thought, he makes a dramatic turn, right up into driveway, and quickly getting out of car, to retrieve the child. He runs right over, picking her up, and looking right into her face (looks about 3).

 

ZANE

Where's your parents, sweetheart? Why are

you out here, alone?

 

Child trying to speak, but stuttering...

 

TODDLER

Gama... Gama hurt... Gama hurt Mama.

 

Zane looking toward open door of house, in front of him. Both Travis and Nate arriving at his side.

 

ZANE

You guys are both like, what, half mile from here?

 

Both guys nodding.

 

Travis

Yeah, we can get there from here. Get your

cousin to your doctor.

 

Travis and Nate taking off, down sidewalk.

 

ZANE

Trav? (Travis/Nate holding up) I know you're going

to go for your girlfriend, too. If you can get her

family to join you, bring them along. But, both of

you act fast, roads are going to be crazy, in no time.

 

Both boys running on, as Zane takes toddler to Mile's side, who immediately gives the girl a smile.

 

MILES

I got it, go ahead. Just be quick, cousin.

 

Toddler looks scared of Mile's injury. Zane already creeping through front door. He cautiously moves through front room, spotting open door to bedroom. He just as cautiously enters that room, coming to see what looked like an empty hospital bed, and what looked like hospice care.

 

He moves back out of room, and toward swinging door, to another room. As he approaches, he can hear something behind that door. He carefully swings it open, to the sight of dead grandma, on floor, eating body of the toddler's mother.

 

ZANE

What the hell kind of disease makes a person do

that!?

 

Huff turns, rises, and goes toward Zane, who can't help but to watch her, studying her face...

 

ZANE

Are you even alive?

 

He’s finally forced to turn and head away, running through front room, and out door. He quickly runs to the girl, buckling her seatbelt.

 

ZANE

You're okay, sweetie, I promise. (quickly kisses

her forehead)

 

Huff comes out of front door, as Miles looks on in shock. Zane hopping in driver's seat, quickly backing out onto the road. Huff still coming for him, as he peels away. Huff goes for person on bike, who quickly speeds up.

 

Zane's POV, through rearview mirror, of huff going into road, barely missed by one car, before nailed by another, yet rising, as more cars collide around her...

 

DISSOLVE TO: PRESENT TIME - NIGHT

 

INT./EXT. TREE HOUSE - NIGHT

 

Amy fighting hard to hold back her contraction pains (looks to be losing the battle).

Cut to the tail end of huff herd, around parking area, heading away. They can hear Amy's burst of laboring pain, from the tree house, and instantly turn, changing course toward the continuing screams...

 

Cut to Greg, leaving area (where he'd been watching huff herd) and heading into girl's room, where Amy finishes her contraction.

 

GREG

Well...We know Rhett is doing fine, and saved our

lives already, so I guess he'll just have to do it again.

(looking at Amy, with a smile) That is some husband

you have, there.

 

Eli nervously looking out window. Sam joins him.

Their POV, of huffs heading toward them. They watch as they begin to arrive. A few of them fall into pit. The rest come to base of tree, kind of lingering around…

 

SAM

(speaking hushed)

If we're quiet, they'll just leave on their own...

like my dad kept doing.

 

Greg a sad look at Sam...

 

GREG

Kept? (a pause) What made him keep coming back?

 

Sam speechless, she looks back out window, down at huffs. Greg walks over to her.

 

GREG

It's okay, Samantha...I can't imagine what that

must have been like, for you. If I'd been your

age, when I saw my dad... (shake of the head)

I doubt I could have been as strong as you. (a

look to Amy) And most definitely, not as strong

as a woman in labor, without meds or a doctor!

(winking at her)

 

Cut to huffs still lingering below.

Cut to Rhett, creeping out of woods, over by cabin. He carefully finds a secure spot, to look toward tree house. He watches, as the herd just sort of paces around, below and all around the tree house. Some of them continue to drop into pit. Rhett moves in a little closer, then comes to a complete stop, staring down and over in front of him a ways.

 

His POV of the dead children and women. He takes a step back, followed by a deep breath. Suddenly, he is attacked by a huff (from behind). He falls to ground, moving and kicking around, trying to avoid being bitten.

 

Cut to a few other huffs, from the herd, hearing the commotion of Rhett, and turning toward it.

Cut to Rhett, now to his feet and jabbing huff, in head. He just looks at it a moment, before taking notice of several huffs, heading his direction. He ponders his next move, a moment, before simply walking forward, out into the open.

 

RHETT

I LOVE YOU AMY! I WANT YOU TO KNOW I'M OKAY,

OUT HERE. THE COMPANY KINDA SUCKS, BUT IT

ONLY GIVES ME MORE TIME TO THINK ABOUT

HOLDING YOU, AND HOLDING OUR BABY! (waving

hands all around) COME ON YOU HUNGRY UGLY

FREAKY FUCKERS! COME AND GET IT!

 

Cut to Greg, Eli, and Sam, all looking out, as the huffs go Rhett's direction. Amy extremely emotional and relieved, weeping like a baby...

Cut to Rhett, going into the trees, slowly, as huffs follow...

Cut to Sam, watching from tree house...

 

SAM

He's legendary...

 

Eli nodding with a proud smile.

 

ELI

Yeah, he is...

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

EXT. LAKE TRAILS - NIGHT

 

Rhett exhausted, as he jogs along the trail (moonlight reflecting off lake). He can hear something, and comes to a sudden stop. He listens, then walks further, before going off trail, toward sound of vehicles, pulling into somewhere close by.

 

Cut to him in brush, coming to a stop, as he gets as close as he can, to the sound of people loading weapons and readying themselves for battle. His POV of soldiers using flashlights, before shutting them all off, and walking trail, toward lake. Rhett carefully follows...

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Remember, don't fire your weapons unless you

absolutely need to. We don't want that herd of

dead walkers coming back.

 

SOLDIER

(next to Ballard)

This really worth the hassle?

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(sarcastic)

Oh, I don’t know, is there a hotel somewhere around,

to check in to? Look around…surviving is a hassle.

Every day we have left, will be a hassle.

 

SOLDIER

Agreed, sir. I’m just worried about where those

temperatures will be going, a month from now.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

We’ve already decided the mountain is where we want

to make our stand. Winter weather will be a “hassle”,

regardless of where we reside. We can add on, to that

tree house, insulate the hell out of it, and survive here

more so than any other suggestions, I’ve yet to hear

come from your mouth.

 

The soldier walks on, in silence…

Cut to Rhett, cautiously following…

 

CUT TO:

 

EXT./INT. WOODS - NIGHT

 

Huffs coming out of brush (sound of Amy screaming in pain), past cabin, and toward tree house...

Cut to Amy screaming, with Scott holding her hand.

 

GREG

This is going to go on all night. That baby is just

going to have to come into the world from up

here. We might as well ignore what's going on

down there, and deal with it once we can.

 

AMY

(speaking through her pain/screaming)

What ABOUT RHETT? (screaming in pain)

 

GREG

Like Sam said, he's becoming a legend. He'll find his

way, back up here.

 

Amy coming to end of her contraction, and regaining composure...

 

AMY

He better. He needs to deliver his baby...

 

GREG

So...tell me how you and the legend, met.

 

Amy an instant laugh (through her deep breathing). Eli a smile.

 

AMY

If you're trying to get the current situation, off

my mind, you've picked yourself a winner.

 

Scott smiling.

 

ELI

I can't believe we haven't told them this story, already.

 

GREG

Let’s hear it.

 

SAM

Yeah.

 

Amy smiling, some deep breathing, and some giggling at the memory.

 

AMY

It was my first year at college. I was on campus

studying, under the sun. It was hard to focus,

due to some shirtless guy, tossing a football

with his friend.

 

SAM

Rhett?

 

AMY

Nope.

 

Some laughs...

 

ELI

Rhett still hates that part of the story.

 

AMY

Anyhow, I suddenly notice their football coming

right at me. I'm not a girly girl, so, I was going to

catch that ball! But out of nowhere, some other

cute guy, slaps the ball away.

 

SAM

Rhett?

 

AMY

Nope. Rhett was the friend tossing with the

shirtless guy. This was a new guy.

 

More laughs...

 

GREG

Ha! So, Rhett's not even on your radar, yet?

 

AMY

Funny that you use that word. Because after Rhett

had came over to get his ball back, the new cute

guy asks me how good my gaydar is. He wanted to

know if I thought Rhett was flirting with him.

 

Sam and Eli, laughing.

 

GREG

So, Rhett was on the new guy's radar!

 

More laughs, as Greg peeks out window.

His POV of huff herd, based at bottom of tree, some reaching upward, others lingering around.

 

SAM

(OS)

So, then what happened?

 

Greg walking away from window.

 

AMY

(with a laugh)

I told him I had no idea, which was a mistake,

because then he somehow charmed me into

going over and speaking to Rhett, on his behalf.

 

GREG

No way! Your first conversation with Rhett, was

you trying to set him up with another dude?

(Sam/Eli, laughing) And he married you anyhow?

 

ELI

Just wait, it gets better.

 

AMY

He seemed pretty embarrassed, at first. I know,

I was! I couldn't believe I actually asked him. But

Nathan, that was his name, was sweet. I guess I

wanted to be helpful.

 

SAM

So, then what?

 

AMY

I gave Nathan the bad news. Then before I knew

it, Rhett had come back over, telling Nate he had

a gay friend, who wanted to meet new people.

He promised to introduce them, but only if I

agreed to go out with him.

 

GREG

(laughing)

So, that's why you settled for Rhett! The man

is a legend!

 

AMY

Actually...There's a twist. (Greg/Sam intrigued)

After I left, I just couldn't shake the idea that I'd

been scammed. So, I walked back over, peeking

around the corner. Sure enough, there they were,

switching roles. Rhett was now sitting down

where Nathan had been, and Nathan now tossing

the ball with the shirtless guy.

 

GREG

(laughing)

The one who got away. (Amy a smile)

 

AMY

Along came a pretty girl, who almost got bombed

by their football, until Rhett smacked it away.

 

GREG/SAM

(wide-eyed)

No way!

 

AMY

Gaydar…is what they called that evil little

scam, of theirs.

 

Some laughs...

 

GREG

You have to be kidding me?! You guys really met

that way? (Amy nodding) And you dated, fell for,

and married him anyhow?

 

AMY

I did. I gave him credit for being creative. Of

course, years later I discovered he got the idea

online, as a short film.

 

GREG

Double scam. Tricks you into a date, then takes

credit for the brilliance of the trick...wow.

 

Greg moving to window, looking out.

Cut down to huffs, lingering.

POV travels through, and around the herd. About half of them appear to be kids (of all ages).

 

POV through binoculars, of the herd…

A voice comes from person holding binoculars.

 

SOLDIER

(OS)

I'd say there's over a hundred, half of them children.

 

POV soldier (in brush) looking through binoculars. Colonel Ballard next to him.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Dead children with teeth, are just as dangerous

as dead adults.

 

SOLDIER

Where'd they all come from?

 

COLONEL BALLARD

People evacuating the city. Bunch of them probably

tried to hold up together, somewhere.

 

SOLDIER

But how'd they all become...

 

COLONEL BALLARD

The walking dead? Who knows. Probably something

like what we saw at that grocery store. World's a

twisted nightmare, right now. (nodding toward herd)

And as bad as it is up here, just imagine what it'll be

like for the others, who went back to the city, for

their families.

 

Suddenly, Amy is heard screaming, through a contraction. Huffs all gathering back toward base of tree house.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Alright, time to put that selfish pregnant woman and

her unborn baby, out of their misery. Private Balaski? 

 

PRIVATE BALASKI

Sir?

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Just like we talked about. Wait until you get in

front of them, before getting their attention.

 

PRIVATE BALASKI

Yes sir!

 

Private Balaski runs off, down toward lake, and along the shoreline. He is unnoticed by the huffs, as their attention is with the sound of Amy, in pain. Suddenly, a gunshot is fired, as private Balaski is hit in the gut, and goes down.

 

Cut to Greg, walking away from Amy, toward window.

 

AMY

(worried)

Rhett?

 

Cut to Colonel Ballard, with shock and rage.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

What the s**t?! Where'd that shot come from!?

 

Greg's POV of huffs, now all going for the wounded soldier.

 

AMY

What's happening?

 

GREG

There's a soldier down there… Who I'm guessing,

Rhett just shot.

 

AMY

(panicked)

You're sure it's not Rhett?

 

GREG

It's not him. But where the hell did that soldier

come from?

 

Greg watching, as private Balaski tries to get away, but is overtaken by the herd. He screams, as he is eaten alive. Amy closing her eyes...

 

ELI

Where did he shoot him from?

 

GREG

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

 

Cut to Colonel Ballard.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

I want a perimeter around that herd, with a man

in the brush every twenty yards, from each other.

Find me that shooter!

 

CUT TO:

 

EXT. BRUSH - NIGHT

 

Soldier (aiming gun ahead), creeping into brush, while looking all around. He establishes a view of the huff herd (lingering around remains of private Balaski).

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(over radio)

Duncan, anything?

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

(into radio)

No sign of him.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(over radio)

I really wanted that sob dead, but scaring him off

will have to do. Alright, Seager, you're up.

 

Private Duncan looks toward cabin, where private Seager comes out of brush. Once completely visible, he begins waving his arms around, and yelling at the huffs.

 

PRIVATE SEAGER

COME AND GET IT! I'm right here! Fresh meat!

 

Cut to Greg, rushing to window, looking out toward Private Seager.

 

SCOTT

Is that Rhett?

 

GREG

No, it's one of them.

 

ELI

What he is doing?

 

GREG

They're going to clear them out, so they can make

their move on us.

 

Greg grabbing guns, handing Scott a couple. Sam looking scared/nervous. Eli readying his gun.

 

Cut to Private Seager, leading huff herd, around corner of cabin. Suddenly, a shot is fired. Cut to Greg rushing back to window!

Cut to Colonel Ballard speaking into radio.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(into radio)

Seager? Seager?!

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

(over radio)

He's down, sir. He was hit.

 

Colonel Ballard angrily closing eyes, then speaking into radio.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(into radio)

Find the shooter! He's either in that cabin, or in

your laps! Now, open your damn eyes, and find him!

 

Cut to soldiers hustling from brush to brush, looking for shooter...

Cut to girls room.

 

ELI

Did Rhett get him?

 

AMY

What is he doing, out there?!

 

GREG

Living up to his current status.

 

AMY

Or getting himself killed!

 

GREG

I know you're worried, but he's absolutely saving

our lives, right now.

 

AMY

There's too many of them!

 

GREG

Does he have some kind of training, I don't know

about? I can't figure out how he's doing this.

 

AMY

He's always been a good shot, but no, no training,

or military experience.

 

GREG

He's fired twice, and hit both his targets, from God

knows how far away... He's got to have them worried.

 

Cut to Colonel Ballard.

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

(over radio)

He's not here...

 

Colonel Ballard shaking his head, pondering his next move...

 

COLONEL BALLARD

He's got to be in the cabin. Johnson, Crews, Pike; lead

the dead walkers away, now. Rest of you, ambush the

cabin, once it’s clear.

 

Cut to Johnson, Crews, and Pike coming out of brush, grabbing the huffs attention. They begin leading them away.

Cut to Greg, Sam, and Eli carefully watching from window, as huffs begin disappearing, around the corner.

 

ELI

They're leading them away, again!

 

Greg looks at Amy, who looks back at him.

 

GREG

Scream, Amy. Fake another contraction. Damn,

I should have thought of that in the first place!

 

Amy in real pain.

 

AMY

Don't have to fake it!

 

Amy begins screaming out. Greg, Sam, and Eli look out window. Scott remains at Amy's side.

Cut to Colonel Ballard (sound of Amy screaming).

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(into radio)

Our pregnant screamer is at it, again. Don't let that

herd dissipate! (shaking head, talking to himself) I

can't wait to shut her up!

 

Cut to soldiers, giving it their best to keep the huffs focus. The front half of the herd, continue toward soldiers. The back half, begin turning toward Amy's screams.

 

A soldier watches from the brush.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(over radio)

Forget about the cabin. I want everyone helping

draw their attention away, from here. The back

half is already faltering. Do not let them return

to the tree house!

 

Several more soldiers heading out of brush, working to keep the herd moving away. Most huffs are focused on the soldiers, but a handful (ones in back) still find themselves lured by Amy's screams. One soldier has made his way to the other side of the herd (by lake), and begins taking all focus off the tree house...

 

Cut to Greg, watching.

 

GREG

S**t. Umm, make noise!

 

Amy still screaming, as Greg, Eli, and Sam all begin banging and making noise. Greg goes to other window (holding his gun). He has no shot at the soldiers (huffs in the way), but fires toward the soldier at the lake. He doesn't hit anything, but the gunshot brings some attention, from some huffs. It also sends the soldiers ducking/running for cover...

 

Cut to Colonel Ballard.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(into radio)

That shot came from the tree house. They have

no shot at you from there. Keep that herd going!

 

Cut to soldiers, again doing their best to lead away the herd.

Cut to Greg, about to fire again, as suddenly a few shots are fired, up into tree house. He grabs both Sam and Eli, ducking them down.

Cut to huffs, going all sorts of directions, but eventually, all of them become focused on the soldiers.

 

Cut to Greg, signaling for Sam and Eli to stay down, as he peeks out window.

Cut to soldier by lake, doing a great job of leading huffs, in direction they want them.

Cut to Colonel Ballard.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(into radio)

Excellent, Rodgers! You've got em; keep going!

 

Cut to Rodgers, leading huffs away.

POV huffs, coming his direction, panning through them, before coming to one who looks just like Rhett! He appears to be dead. Bloody and moving like a huff.

 

He begins slowly/slyly aiming his gun (revealing he is still alive), at private Rodgers. He fires, and Rodgers goes down.

Cut to Colonel Ballard, throwing a shocked look at everyone around him.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Did you see... Did that come from...one of THEM!

 

Cut to Greg at window, in shock!

Cut to other soldiers (near huffs), scattering away, into the brush.

POV huffs eating Rodgers, as Rhett slowly walks toward back of herd.

Cut to Colonel Ballard, angry and pacing.

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

(over radio)

That didn't come from the cabin! It was the

dead walkers!

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(into radio)

Convene back here. Need to think this through.

 

Colonel Ballard pacing, as the others watch.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

What do you guys find harder to believe? That the

dead walkers have learned to carry and fire guns,

or that these tree people, have somehow civilized

themselves with the dead walkers?

 

Still pacing and thinking...

 

COLONEL BALLARD

That guy who originally ran through here, with them.

He wasn't running from them, he was leading them,

right to us. Now, he's walking around with them,

shooting at us, without being attacked. (everyone's

attention, while he paces/thinks) How’s he doing it??

 

SOLDIER

He's camouflaged. (Ballard smiling, pointing

at soldier) Like one of them…

 

COLONEL BALLARD

I wouldn't have thought of it before, but after what

we just saw, I'd have to say it's the only thing that

makes sense...right?

 

Soldiers nodding, and awaiting his command, as he stares outward, pondering his next move.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

I want that perimeter again. I want a grenade tossed

in the middle of that herd...shoot the one that runs.

No wait... I want words with this one. Take him alive...

unless he's getting away, then take that sob down.

 

Soldiers leaving to form perimeter…

Cut to tree house, where Amy is crying and trying to speak.

 

AMY

What if those things...what if they realize...he's

alive? They're going to get him...I can't...I can't

have my baby, like this.

 

SCOTT

You can, and you will. What he's doing down there

is him doing his part. Your part is right here, getting

through this. We have plenty of guns, and will be

doing our part. We're not losing this tree house, or

our chance of seeing that compound. Nothing is

more important to me, than meeting my grandchild,

and seeing him grow up, in a safe place.

 

Sam sitting on floor, next to Bailey (in carrier), and shedding a tear. Greg at window, with Eli...

 

DISSOLVE TO: FLASHBACK (day 1)

 

EXT./INT. CAR - DAY

 

Zane driving car (on highway 6) through the Tillamook State Forest, pulling off the highway, onto a grassy/dirt road. He looks over at Miles, who has become feverish. He takes a look back at the toddler, who is asleep (tear-dried face)…

 

Dissolve to Zane driving out of tree/brush area, into an open field, where the grassy/dirt road ahead, leads right toward a wall of brush/blackberry bushes, which are practically surrounded by mountains/hills, on the sides and the far background. He drives right toward it…

 

Suddenly, the portion of the wall in front of him, begins opening (attached to a gate), with two guards rising from up top (hidden/camouflaged catwalk, next to camouflaged tree house). Inside is a dirt road, with a sign reading “Baker Lane”, surrounded by more brush/blackberry bushes, and a long corridor, leading toward an opening…

 

He drives forward, through about 100 yards of shady brush/trees, before reaching the opening. The dirt road continues, through/surrounded by a large freshly cut grass field. There are large solar power grids, wind turbines, even a mill with multiple water wheels. There is a park, with play equipment a softball field, and a covered basketball court…

Off to the left, another road leads to a baseball complex, with multiple baseball/softball fields. To the right, is a manmade lake with a cabin (several other cabins along the lake), that is close to the underground mansion (Baker complex), that lays straight ahead. There’s an ambulance parked in front, as well as many other random vehicles, including trucks full of supplies, and the road continues past the front of the complex, leading to an underground parking garage…

 

POV goes bird's eye, as Zane parks next to the ambulance, where others are awaiting them, and helping Miles out of the car, into the ambulance. POV continues to soar upward, revealing how humungous the inside of the compound is, also revealing fields of gardens and berries, between the open field and all the brush/trees that lay in front of the front walls, which camouflages the entire compound, as if it's simply a part of the forest…

 

There are multiple camouflaged tree houses, along the catwalk, used as guard stations. There’s a trail below the catwalk, on the inside of the compound, leading around it. POV lowers, but remains in bird’s eye, as it travels over the sporting complex, revealing tennis courts, miniature golf, and even a large cabin, overlooking the large baseball stadium.

 

On the other side of the complex, is a road, between more brush, and the western compound wall. The ambulance now speeds that road, coming to a bridge, but turning right, rather than crossing. POV crosses, and heads over what appears to be a small little neighborhood, with several blocks of random homes, streets, sidewalks, vehicles (including several Uhauls), fences, flowers, lawns, basketball hoops, etc.

POV goes to the right, leaving the neighborhood, which is followed by a school building, and then a small town, with small buildings, shops, and even a Town Center…

 

POV travels backward, over a bluff, with more woods, before finding a large complex, where the ambulance is parked, and people are rushing to bring Miles inside. POV goes right by, finding an area with tons of fenced guest homes, and trails, some of which lead to the back side of the Baker complex, with a huge outdoor area, swimming pool, hiking trails, creeks, and eventually the manmade lake. On one side of the lake are the cabins, and a little further down is farmland, with barns, cattle, horses, etc…

 

There is even a campground next to the lake, and a trail going around it, and more random cabins. On the other side of the lake, are more woods, and even a chuck of forest land, kept in tact, and built right into the compound. It eventually runs into the eastern wall, which lays in front of a huge mountain, which surrounds most of the compound wall, other than the front (southern wall)…

 

POV begins rising again, until the entire compound can be seen, and the river in the back of it, that runs right through it, and under the walls…

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

INT. BAKER TRIAGE CENTER �" DAY

 

Zane on his phone, in a large open area, with tons of family in the far background, gathered while Miles is being looked at by doctors.

 

ZANE

(into phone)

Hey Samantha, I just left your dad a message, and

now getting your voicemail too. Making me pretty

nervous, kiddo. The code went out almost two hours

ago. I love you guys, and can't survive even the idea

of something being wrong... Please let me know that

it's not. Please Sam...

 

Zane hangs up, as Scout and Dakota come from behind.

 

ZANE

He's infected, and there's nothing we can do…

is there?

 

Scout just looking at him, with a tear in her eye. She hugs him.

 

SCOUT

I just don't know if I even have any more tears,

to shed. There’re still so many loved ones, yet

to make it here. And Fish...

 

Dakota trying not to cry...

 

ZANE

Yeah, I just left messages for both him and Sam.

(Zane noticing her looking worried) What is it?

What haven't you told me?

 

SCOUT

We're not hearing back from Vincent, or the boys.

 

ZANE

It's his birthday. They were meeting Fish at the

cabin, weren't they? (Scout nodding) And not a

single word from any of them?

 

Zane nervously pacing. Grandpa Sam comes over to them, appearing to be an emotional mess, as Scout pulls him in for a hug…

 

GRANDPA SAM

We have so much family. I just wanted to keep

them all safe.

 

SCOUT

You're the reason most of us already are, Dad.

There’s nothing you could have done, to prevent

what happened to Miles.

 

Grandpa Sam remains emotional, staring at his baby daughter…

 

GRANDPA SAM

Are you okay?

 

SCOUT

I am far from it, but he’s doing his job. He can’t

hide behind these walls, with us. I have to focus

on the family, right now.

 

GRANDPA SAM

(regaining composure)

Your husband is family… But I get it. I need to focus.

 

Grandpa takes a breath, and looks at Zane.

 

GRANDPA SAM

I know you probably want to join your father.

 

ZANE

Actually, with all the firepower he already has, and

the fact no one has gone for Fish yet, I believe that's

the direction I should be heading.

 

GRANDPA SAM

Fish is in a safe place. US 26 is a mess, there's no way

up the mountain, right now. I don't like this situation

at the hotel. I haven't been able to reach any of them

on the phone.

 

ZANE

I say just abandon it.

 

DAKOTA

Grandpa and Hunter, have been saying that all

along. It's Dad, who wanted to stick to procedure.

We hope he knows better, now.

 

ZANE

Sounds about right. (looking at Grandpa) Look, I

know you're worried, but you trust my dad to get

it done, right? We need to get up that mountain, asap.

 

GRANDPA SAM

Tell me your plan, and I'll tell you what I think.

 

Dissolve to Zane, Scout, and Dakota all riding luxurious motorcycles, right through the compound gates, and speeding away, while watched from the catwalk/tree house, by compound guards…

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

EXT. BUMPER TO BUMPER HIGHWAY - DAY

 

Zane, Scout, and Dakota riding bikes in between cars, and off-road, wherever allows for them to use the most speed, as they dodge all the stopped traffic. They see all sorts of different people, bored, worried, drinking, smoking, lounging, dancing, fighting, and crying, in or around their vehicles. They see news helicopters above. They see some cars honking, and trying to find a way out of the jam. Some people are just walking down the highway...

 

Dissolve to them driving through different stretches of the highway, with more and more people appearing to be frightened or crying. More and more are walking the highway. More and more cars are becoming abandoned. More and more animals appear to be separated from their owners. Lots of crying children, and all-out paranoia. Majority of cars are now abandoned, as Zane pulls to side, and stops. Scout and Dakota, pulling up next to him…

 

ZANE

Those children back there. Were they?

 

Both Scout and Dakota removing helmets, revealing their faces of tears. Scout bawling.

 

SCOUT

I want to help them, but...we can't.

 

Zane looking away, and mumbling to himself.

 

ZANE

There is no help...

 

He puts back on his helmet, and rides on. Dakota does the same. Scout takes a moment, and a deep breath, before riding on...

 

They see a few people, here and there. Some pleading for help. Some just sitting in their cars, crying or watching them ride by. More separated pets. Some people in trees or fields, walking along. More helicopters above. Eventually, Zane stops, again. They all take off their helmets, staring ahead.

 

Their POV of a dead person, eating a dead dog, in the road. It looks up at them, rises, and approaches them. Blood and meat, dripping from his face. His stomach has a huge gap in it (from being eaten). It's obvious, he's not alive. Zane pulls out a gun. He rides forward, and stops. He aims, fires, and hits him in the gut, to no effect. He fires again, and hits him in the head, taking him down.

He just stares at him. Scout and Dakota ride up to him.

 

SCOUT

Jesus Christ, these people aren't infected, they're

dead! Did you see the hole in that person? That's

not possible!

 

 

ZANE

It's like the guy on the internet. He must have been

dead, too. Nothing but a headshot, seems to do the

trick. (looking at them both) Keep that in mind…

 

Zane rides off. They both look at each other, then ride off...

They ride through more abandoned cars. More pets. Broken windows with blood. Blood stains in road. They continue through it all. Driving slowly at times, and faster at others.

 

Zane's view (as he's slowing to a stop) of a huff, trying to get into someone's car. People are inside.

Zane just staring at the situation, as Scout and Dakota pull up next to him.

 

DAKOTA

So, people die...they become like that...and they

eat us...or make us die, and become like them...

 

SCOUT

(with a tear)

Like Miles...

 

Dakota looking downward. Zane shaking his head, with a look away, while thinking about Miles...

 

SCOUT

We have to help them.

 

ZANE

We have to stop wasting ammo. Scout, give

me your knife.

 

Scout pulls out a huge knife, handing to Zane. He rides forward, right near huff, and parking. Huff leaves car, for Zane. Zane walks right to it, without fear or hesitation, and takes it down with a jab to the head.

 

He looks down at it, glances at the frightened family inside, and goes back to his bike. He gets on, and rides forward. Scout and Dakota look at each other, before following...

The family watches them ride by. They roll down their window, peeking at the dead huff...

 

Zane doesn’t get much further, before Scout pulls over. She rips off her helmet, and begins vomiting. Dakota has stopped, and is coming to aid Scout. Zane stops up ahead, watching. Scout takes some breaths, and drops to her knees, weeping. Dakota consoles her.

 

SCOUT

Everything's just so messed up!

 

Her weeping turns to anger, as she bangs her helmet against the ground, and screams. Dakota just watching. Zane just watching. Scout takes a few more breaths, and rises.

 

SCOUT

I'm okay, I'm okay. I just need to pee.

 

Scout takes a few deep breaths, while heading for a bush. Dakota looks around, and heads for her own bush. Zane turns, looks around, and finds his own bush…

 

Dissolve to Dakota coming around corner of her bush, and back toward her bike. She can faintly hear Scout, talking on her phone. Zane comes back to his bike. Dakota hops on hers, and rides to Zane.

 

DAKOTA

She's upset about Miles.

 

ZANE

I've had dreams like this...nightmares...where I

desperately wanted and needed to be so many

different places, at the same time...and for some

reason, could never get to any of them.

 

DAKOTA

This whole thing feels like a nightmare. It just doesn't

make sense. I mean how does something like that

happen? What makes it happen?

 

ZANE

Terrorism? That, or aliens... I'm not buying that

hell on earth crap. Terrorism seems most

realistic, to me.

 

Zane turning, looking over where Scout slowly walks out from behind bush. She is completely bawling.

Both Zane and Dakota ride over to her. She is full of tears, and looking right at Zane. They both climb off bikes, removing helmets. Scout keeps staring at Zane...

 

DAKOTA

Who was on the phone?

 

Zane looking from Scout, to Dakota.

 

ZANE

Phone? What's going on? (Scout still dropping

tears and staring at Zane) Why do you keep

staring at me?! What is wrong; who was on

the phone?!

 

SCOUT

Your stepmom, your brother Troy, his wife...

they're all dead.

 

Zane shocked, Dakota too.

 

ZANE

What do you mean, dead? (tearing up)

 

SCOUT

They're not sure what happened, or where Kate

and Jagger are. Your dad and Mason are there,

looking for them.

 

Zane dropping a tear, as he looks back toward direction they were going, and then back the way they came...

 

DAKOTA

We have to go back, Zane! They need us, there!

 

Zane takes one last look the direction they were going, before hopping on bike, and taking off the direction they came from. Dakota looks at Scout, who sobs as she puts on her helmet, and climbs onto bike...

 

Dakota sitting on her bike, with a tear, as Scout rides off. She begins putting her helmet on, as someone suddenly puts a gun to her head. A man holds the gun, as his boy (10) comes from around bush, and is also aiming a gun at Dakota.

 

MAN

All we need, is one of your bikes.

 

POV Scout, stopping and looking back. Zane speeding away. Scout pulling out a gun. Dakota slowly climbing off bike.

 

MAN

Give my boy your helmet.

 

Man looking back at Scout, as Dakota helps place helmet over boy's head.

 

MAN

Help him up on the bike.

 

Man takes another look back at Scout (who is closer).

 

MAN

(talking to Scout)

You'll stay where the hell you are, if you don't

want to get shot!

 

Dakota with a look at Scout, before helping boy onto bike. Zane’s bike can be heard approaching. Man goes to get on bike. Scout aims and fires, instantly killing the man.

 

Zane’s view (as he rides by) of boy on bike (in helmet), aiming gun toward Dakota. Zane shoots the boy in the back, who fires his gun, before dropping off the bike. Dakota reacts to the shot, fired near her ear. Scout running to Dakota. Zane stopping bike, and jumping off. Scout is helping Dakota. Zane approaching dead man, followed by the boy (still breathing). He reaches down and pulls off the helmet, looking at the bloody face of a child. Scout comes over. Zane closes eyes. Scout watching Zane. He opens eyes, and fires at the kid’s head. Scout crying. Zane just staring at the boy…

 

SCOUT

(looking at Zane)

 You had to do it.

 

ZANE

(still staring)

He's Sam's age...

 

Zane finally stops staring, walks away. Dakota watching him deliver the biggest F-Bomb of all time, but can't really hear it, due to the ringing in her ear. She can see him mouth it.

Scout watches Zane's outburst continue.

 

ZANE

WHAT IN THE GOD DAMN HELL IS GOING ON?!

WHAT KIND OF SICK TWISTED HORSESHIT IS

THIS?! (just screaming outward) AHHHHHHH!!!

 

Scout crying, as she watches him. Dakota messing with her ear. Zane just staring outward. Scout coming up behind him, placing hand on his shoulder. He turns and hugs her. Dakota suddenly begins screaming. Zane and Scout run to her. The dead man has risen, and is approaching Dakota, who has now ran to Scout and Zane.

 

DAKOTA

He was dead! He was dead! Scout was right!

 

Dead man approaches them, as Zane aims gun right at head, and fires...

 

DISSOLVE TO: PRESENT TIME

 

EXT. CABIN AREA - NIGHT

 

Man pulling clip off grenade, and tossing it into heard of huffs. It explodes. The huffs turn toward the noise. But one of them runs toward brush.

POV Greg, looking out from tree house window.

Cut into brush.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(over radio)

Duncan, he's coming your way!

 

Private Duncan running through the brush, as he can see image of Rhett, coming toward the brush. Rhett enters, and Duncan holds gun on him.

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

Hold it, right there!

 

Rhett standing there, holding up hands. Private Duncan holds gun on him, while using radio.

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

(into radio)

I got him!

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(over radio)

Great, I can't wait to be introduced.

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

(into radio)

Rodger that.

 

Private Duncan begins leading him away.

 

RHETT

We have people coming for us. The people who

built that tree house. They have a compound in

the coast range.

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

And you're telling me this, because???

 

RHETT

Because it's a much better place for your services,

than here!

 

PRIVATE DUNCAN

No one can keep me safer, than Colonel Ballard.

 

Rhett stops, turns around (facing gun), and talking/distracting him.

 

RHETT

Look, I get it. You're loyal to him, but -

 

Suddenly, there is grunting, behind Duncan. He turns to face huff, but is shoved by Rhett, right into it, who begins biting him. He screams, as Rhett takes off through brush.

Cut to Colonel Ballard, listening to sound of private Duncan, screaming.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

Jesus Christ, is that Duncan?

 

Cut to Duncan, being eaten.

 

COLONEL BALLARD

(over radio)

Duncan? Duncan?!

 

Cut to Rhett, running from brush to brush, he stops with a view of the tree house. He stares at it, wondering if he should return. Suddenly, another soldier puts a gun on him. Almost at the same time, he is attacked from the other side, by a huff. The soldier aims the gun at the huff and fires, blowing off its head. Rhett immediately tackles the soldier, as they begin wrestling around...

 

More huffs are entering the area. Another soldier arrives, pointing gun at Rhett, but then has to point it at huffs. He fires several shots, at them. Rhett begins fighting one off. The soldier on the ground, is attacked and screaming, as he's bitten. The other soldier takes off running, as does the one who just arrived. Rhett is fighting for his life, with multiple huffs. Another soldier arrives, watches, and runs off, as more huffs enter the area.

 

POV goes with the soldier, who runs off. He goes through the brush, and runs right into the pit, falling on top of all the trapped huffs. He screams in agony, while being eaten...

 

Cut to Colonel Ballard, leading his men around corner of brush, and toward cabin. They get behind the huff herd, and begin opening fire, on them. Killing them one by one. Colonel Ballard is wiping out the most. He is pissed! They are working their way toward the tree house...

 

Cut to Greg, grabbing and packing as many guns as he can. He hands a couple to Scott, and a couple more near him. The kids have theirs.

 

GREG

This is it. Once there're only a handful of huffs left,

is when we'll begin aiming, at the soldiers, and firing.

Wait unil I say fire… I love you, Sam. You can do this.

 

Greg runs around corner, placing gun on ground, outside door of room. He runs back, looking out window.

 

Suddenly, headlights appear. Sam moves closer to window, to take a look. Now gunshots begin coming at tree house, as Greg forces Sam down...

 

Cut to a large sized hummer, pulling up behind the other cars. It instantly takes on heavy fire.

Cut to Colonel Ballard, leading the charge, as he and his soldiers fire on the hummer. Amy is heard screaming, over the gunfire, from above. More headlights appear. Another hummer pulls behind the first one. Driver doors open, it's Zane!

 

Zane (in bullet proof vest, as are the others) immediately opens fire on soldiers. He hits one. Someone had come out of passenger door, behind him. It's Scout! She's opening fire! She hits a soldier. Now both Dakota and Wyatt (Hunter's boy, Mile's brother), come out back doors, opening fire on the soldiers! Now coming out of the other hummer, is Leo! And Mason! Followed by Chasin (Mason's boy), and Gunner (Hunter's boy, Mile's brother)! They are all firing on soldiers...   

  

Cut to Colonel Ballard, firing at Zane and others.

Cut to Zane, aiming and nailing (killing) Colonel Ballard! Dakota and Wyatt, both take out a pair of soldiers. Leo takes out several. Suddenly, a bunch of huffs are coming out of brush, right for Zane and Dakota, who turn and fire at them.

 

DAKOTA

Meat eaters!

 

Scout comes over to help, as does Wyatt. Leo and others keep firing on soldiers. Wyatt nails huff after huff, as does Zane. Scout puts down a couple, but then gets hit in the shoulder, by a bullet, and goes down.

 

WYATT

SCOUT!!!

 

Zane looks over, and down at Scout. So does Leo. Remaining soldiers are making their way into cabin, and firing out door and windows. Mason, Chasin, and Gunner are firing back at them. Zane looks at Scout, as Dakota and Wyatt pick her up. He then glances toward cabin, followed by tree house...

 

DAKOTA

ZANE! We have to get her back, now! We don't

have our doctor!

 

Zane looks back at Scout (she's not in good shape), then turns to yell, as Leo pulls him back.

 

ZANE

FISH?! SAMANTHA?!

 

Cut to both Greg and Sam, with wide eyes, and popping up.

Cut to Zane, being forced into hummer by others, as Leo jumps in driver's seat.

 

ZANE

FISH?! SAM?!

 

Door closes on him, as do all the others (still being shot at by soldiers).

Cut to Sam at window shouting, and Greg coming out girls room, shouting from the deck.

 

SAM

ZANE?!

 

GREG

ZANE!?! WE'RE HERE! ZANE!!!

 

BOOM! Gunshot right into Greg's gut, he goes limp, and drops over top of railing, all the way down onto the ground. Sam watches him drop, from the window. Huffs below, instantly begin eating him.

 

SAM

GREEEEEGG!!! NOOOOO!

 

Cut to hummer taking off, and leaving the area. Soldiers are now shooting at huffs, who begin making their way into cabin. Soldiers are running out of ammo.

 

SOLDIER

(OS)

I'm all out!

 

DIFFERENT SOLDIER

Me too!

 

POV remains on the cabin, while remaining soldiers are inside, screaming as they are overtaken and eaten. One soldier is seen making it out window, and running off into the brush. Huffs are in the cabin and on the porch, as POV moves toward tree house, where many huffs continue working on Greg's body, with sound of Sam weeping, above.

 

Cut to Amy, inside holding her tummy and crying. Scott next to her, holding her shoulder, and shedding tears, himself. Eli is at the window, with a tear. He looks at Sam, who leans against the wall, from the floor, and weeping uncontrollably. He looks away. He looks out window, down below. He suddenly realizes he's looking at someone familiar.

 

ELI

Rhett, it's Rhett! He's down there, with them.

(looking at Scott) Put down the ladder!

 

Scott rises, to leave room. Eli follows, Amy smiles with relief. Sam remains on ground, against wall, with head in hands, weeping. Amy's smiles fades, as she looks at Sam.

Cut to Scott, dropping down the ladder. He and Eli watch, as the huffs grab onto it, but unable to climb.

 

ELI

Where is he? I don't see him... Where'd he go?

(Eli pointing) There he is! Rhett? (just watching

him, then a look to Scott) What's he doing? Why

isn't he...

 

Eli staring at Scott, and forming a tear. Scott a slow, shocked, shake of the head.

 

AMY

(OS)

What's going on out there?

 

Eli forming a second tear, as he looks down at Rhett, who now turns and looks up. He's obviously dead, with gashes to his neck and shoulders, among other places. Eli begins crying out, as Scott heads back into girls room.

 

AMY

(OS)

Why is Eli crying?! What happened? (weeping now)

Where is Rhett?! What happened to him? (she

pauses, before screaming out) NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

RHEEETTTT!!! OH MY GOOOODD!

 

Eli goes limp, his back sliding down against wall, of girls room. He just sits there, weeping. Amy screams from the room. He takes notice of gun, laying there next to him (one Greg had planted). He grabs it, staring at it. Suddenly he flinches, as a gunshot is loudly fired, inside girls room.

 

SCOTT

(OS)

NOOOOOOO!!!!! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD,

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

 

Eli in shock, and too scared to even move, let alone go into the room. He knows what has happened. He flinches again, as Sam vomits at door, while crawling out of girls room. Eli looks at her, now lying there weeping, in her vomit.

BOOM! Another loud gunshot is fired. Sam rushes, to fully remove herself from the room, without looking inside. She hides herself around corner, against wall (opposite side from Eli)…

 

Down below, the huffs are all gathering at base off tree, attention aimed toward sound of the gunshots. Sam looking straight ahead, too scared to even look at Eli. She slowly turns, to look at him (as background music begins).

 

"X Ambassadors - Unsteady" (opening lyrics)

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjryf8zH_M )

 

MUSIC

"Hold, hold on, hold on to me"

 

He is looking downward, at a pistol in his hand.

 

MUSIC

"Cause I'm a little unsteady"

 

He turns, to look at her.

 

MUSIC

"A little unsteady"

 

She begins shaking her head, intensely...

 

MUSIC

"Hold,"

 

SAM

Don't do it...

 

MUSIC

"Hold on, hold on to me"

 

POV moving down ladder, toward huffs raising hands, yearning to get up there.

 

SAM

(OS)

Eli, don't do it!

 

MUSIC

"Cause I'm a little unsteady"

 

POV moving over all the huffs, including Rhett...

 

SAM

EEELLLLIIIII!!!!!

 

MUSIC

"A little unsteady"

 

That final verse plays, followed with a loud BOOM! A shot is fired, as huffs react with even more desire to get up the tree (as song keeps going)...

 

DARK (song keeps going)

 

CREDITS

 

MUSIC keeps rolling till credits end...

 

BONUS SCENE (season 2)

 

FADE IN:

 

INT./EXT. HIGHWAY 6 - NIGHT

 

Two cars driving the dark, foggy highway. They pass a market on side of road, reading "Glenwood Market". Inside car, is Travis (Zane's baseball player), his girlfriend, and his family.

 

DRIVER (father)

So, it's before we hit Tillamook?

 

TRAVIS

Yeah, about thirty-forty minutes, from here.

WATCH OUT!

 

Dad slamming on breaks, car behind him barely misses slamming into him.

 

DAD

What the hell is this???

 

Everyone looking straight ahead. People in the other car (Girlfriend's family) also staring ahead.

Their view of an endless amount of prisoners, walking out of brush/fog, and across the road (in orange suits/with weapons). They are becoming dangerously close to the car.

 

TRAVIS

Go, Dad, go!

 

Dad goes in reverse (around other car), turning around and peeling away. Other car speeds off after them.

Front of prisoner herd walks into POV. Two guys (Stix, 30, and Swish, 38 (Swish in prisoner guard uniform, and a bruised face)), watch cars drive away. They just stand there, as the others continue on.

 

STIX

You sure things are the way he claims them to be?

 

SWISH

I've never met someone I trust more than him.

You heard the way he spoke to (nodding at

everyone) them. Whatever's going on out here,

there's no one better to follow, than Grover...

 

"Imagine Dragons - Radioactive" begins playing, as prisons continue walking out of the brush, and across the road, an entire army of them...heading for God knows where...

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_WxYC34eM )

 

MUSIC

"(inhale) (exhale)"

"I'm breaking in, shaping up, the checking out on the prison bus"

"This is it.. The apocalypse... Wooaah"

"I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow.."

"Welcome to the new age, to the new age, welcome to the new age, to the new age woaaahh"

 

Prisoners still exiting brush, well over a hundred of them, and still coming…

One of them is the size of a professional wrestler, standing over all the others, as scene dissolves to black...

 

 

THE END


© 2024 Mike Decker


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on December 31, 2018
Last Updated on March 13, 2024
Tags: The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Zombies, apocalypse

Author

Mike Decker
Mike Decker

vancouver, WA



About
My daughter and I are huge Walking Dead fans, and have put together our own spinoff series, of it... Above The Dead It's an absolute emotional mess, and a total suspense/thriller... https://w.. more..

Writing