Where are you

Where are you

A Story by karthik
"

A little story

"
It was late in the night but still Kayla was not able to sleep. She opened her computer to check her emails. As she was glancing through her emails, an email caught her attention. It was from one person whom she hated the most and unexpected. As she was reading that email, her mind was racing so fast that the words blurred together and no longer made any sense. She felt those few lines in the email could be enough to make her much sacrificed life to crumble. She wanted to scream out loud and yell at her helplessness. But there is no one to listen except for the lifeless furniture in that room at that hour.

She took time and consoled herself. Though she cannot accept what was written in the email, she had to think of some plan to overcome it. She tried to sleep that night but thoughts overwhelmed her mind. She dropped into sleep after couple of hours. 

She felt some one knocking her room door very badly. It was 7.00 AM in the morning and she heard Anna's voice, her new maid knocking the door.

Kayla opened the door and asked Anna "What's the urgency to knock the door?" in a yelling manner. Anna informed her that someone is waiting at downstairs. Kayla quickly rubbed her eyes, adjusts her satin nightgown and headed downstairs.

She saw few police officers and some others waiting for her. One among them was Mr Robert. He was a stout man with fierce personality. Robert wished her Good Morning and expressed his sorry to disturb her early in the morning. They were from the Agency and with a search warrant against Kayla. Mr. Robert asked her to allow him and his officers to do their duty.

Kayla was shocked about the warrant and started to ask questions. The officers were reluctant to answer as they were keen in doing their duty first. They asked her to show her the room and headed upstairs. They took two hours to search the entire house. They pulled out all the cup boards, clothes,files, documents from all the rooms. Anna was afraid to see such kind of forceful search and stood beside Kayla silently. 

Mr. Robert and team came out with empty hands. They realised that they received wrong information on illegal weapons, drugs and black money in her residence. In a low tone, they apologized her and were ready to reorganise everything back in the house.

Kayla did not show her anger or frustration but asked the officer to cross verify any information before performing  search in ones house. They thanked Kayla and left from the place. Anna and Kayla started to regroup the house hold items back.

She asked Anna to clean up the remaining mess and left the house at 10.30 AM for office. She was late to her office and reached around 11.00 AM.The District Mayor, Mr. Vansil was waiting for Kayla. Kayla is the Deputy Mayor of the town. He was aware of the raid. He asked her about the raid in her house and asserted her to be careful while dealing with local gangsters and other politicians. He hinted to her who would have been behind the scene to bother her. He asked her not to loose focus and stay on the work.

Kayla was listening to him. She knew, Mr. Vansil was a good man, but he is afraid to face these kinds of situations. Every word in the email she read last night was floating in front of her eyes and in her mind.
        ................................................ To be Continued

© 2018 karthik


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on October 19, 2018
Last Updated on October 19, 2018

Author

karthik
karthik

Bangalore, India



About
simple person with deeper thoughts. likes to live life and enjoy every moment. loves to pen about every topic, every genre and does not feel to shy from expressing my thoughts and ideas more..

Writing
Myself Myself

A Poem by karthik