Wolf's Betrayer

Wolf's Betrayer

A Story by deepshade

It poured harder than it had in years, the ground was turned to mud almost instantaneously. The rain felt good on his exposed skin, cold as it was, the rain could not cool his nerves. Strewn about him was the armor he wore, hoping it would help against the beasts only to realize it slowed his movements. The breeze stirred his hair gently, giving him a calming emotion. Thunderous booms sounded from the forest behind him. The cart raced on bouncing its passengers. Arrows riddled the sides of the cart and one of the passengers was fatally wounded with an arrow to his chest. A girl was screaming reaching for the lone man before the forest. The other members of the cart were holding the back. She fought harder as she saw the man turn swinging backwards as more beasts flowed from between the trees. Hugh shapes of wolves and demons charged forth trying to fight past him. His dual scimitars were a blur of steal and blood. Cries of pain filled the valley, cries of death and anger. The girl in the cart let her arms sagged and her voice falter as she saw the man go down in a flurry of teeth, fur and claws as tens of wolves pounced on him. His sacrifice was enough to secure the carts safety. It was with-in site of the walled city where archers spotted them from the forest edge. A contingent of mounted knights rode out to meet them. As the knights reached the cart she screamed out one word. The last word she would speak for years to come.

© 2012 deepshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on January 6, 2012
Last Updated on January 6, 2012

Author

deepshade
deepshade

CA



About
Have not been around for a few years, planning on re-writing some of this work and posting new works as well. more..

Writing