Bad Day

Bad Day

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

The day I signed my divorce papers

"

I signed the decree

that let you be free

 

  Oh baby please

 

Don't do this to me

 

The sting of betrayal

 The Scorpion's tail

 

           Why

 

You're murdering me

 

  What are you saying

The same s**t replaying

 

        You knew

 

When you promised to me

 

Till death do us part

  Lives never apart

 

        and now

 

  you want to be free

 

We had stopped talking

   and I was ignoring

 

       The signs  

 

   You sent to me

 

   We were two lovers

Who wanted each other

 

      But now

 

You run from me

 

   I know it went wrong

With deployments to long

 

       But baby

 

You married a Marine

 

  So now you want out

But leave with no doubt

 

       Angel baby

 

You ripped out my heart

© 2012 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Heavy. I should write something lite. Fuck I don't know. Something about fluffy pillows and shit. Jeez....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I went back thru your back pages and came here. Well, divorce is a tough one for the one who doesn't want it. I did spy a minor thing -- deployment TOO long -- it should be. When I get mine I do the happy dance and frame it, keeping it out of sight of the kids, of course.:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thats a whole lot diffrent than when the divorce was final in my hous. Dad was ready to throw a party!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A tale of mistaken affections cruely torn away by unforseen circumstances. This is beautiful for what it is a hard and heavy hitting piece filled with a very strong compassion. And a very strong sense of love and its duty.
The suffering of heart left cold due to inconvienced sitatuions that it could not have prevented... missing someone does horrible things to a realtionship.
Well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved it, it reminded me a bit of my family... almost. But my Mom wanted out LONG before my dad set out. Uhhh..... I couldn't find anything wrong with it, It WAS heavy, but it was truth, this happens, all the time. I loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You got it out. That is a form of healing. It's never easy.
Believe it or not... life goes on. Days, weeks, months, years. It goes by faster than you realize it. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


damn....this really was heavy. showed the unfortunate side of being a devoted marine. the structure fitted the poem perfectly and you expressed yourself well.
poetry is expression my friend. if you feel you need to write the heaviest matter in the universe. do it. no one will judge. well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on July 22, 2012

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..