KRYPTONITE SOUL

KRYPTONITE SOUL

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

A poem about addiction, lurid sex, not fitting in and the feeling your life's purpose, has been shot.

"
Chasing the feted dragon
Across the black pony sky
Sweet dreams and starlight
Shimmer my translucent eye
Mournful lullabies creeping
out of a shame filled past
I was only following orders
It caught up with me at last
Broken decaying Mandarins
singing the concubines call
Soot filled choking memories
of the manic ghost chain ball
Seeking out a deviant comfort
It's the only kind I know
Tell me did you ever find
where all the derelict go
They don't want me
They don't need me
I've long fulfilled my role
I'm a has been comic hero
With Kryptonite for soul

© 2012 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Special thanks to Avy, thank you so much baby girl. It's a whole poem!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good poem and your interpretation is found in the mix... I read into it differently because I'd rather read without given direction or structure then reconsider it with the authors note. In saying that I read into from a soldiers perspective of the war fought without clear directive the dedication to fulfill a task and the reflection on encounters and situations, like a military interrogator pulling out the truth. Then being condemned to a civilian life, separated, neglected, or forgotten by the ones who created you... like most superheros that outlive their usefulness and die internally while the shell of what they used to be remains sealed in plastic shelved in a box to be looked over and passed over because of faded covers and aged pages. But Thats just were i took it. that's what makes it brilliant someone can attach themselves to it and find a piece of themselves through it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Wow. That was some review. Thank you so much.



Reviews

Great work. I really enjoyed the flow and rhyme of it. it just kind of tumbles across one's mind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you
nice read with good imagery keep writing fellow writer

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you
kelvin

11 Years Ago

Welcome
whoa! awesome job with this one. The last two lines were my favorite.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
Self esteem is sometimes difficult to maintain in the wake of social demands and judgements. This analyization piece challenges that theme and brings it clearly into focus and I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you doc
Simply wonderful again. You have such a talent for some of the most interesting topics in your poetry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you
I don't get out of this what Sethnicity did. I didn't find addiction, lust, etc, in it either. I found some nice imagery and some good, meaningful lines.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you Marie
There's a romantic under all those muscles of yours. This is intense, you took me to another place with this one, much different from your other works. I really enjoyed this immensely. Kudos.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ahh, I see Avy was twisting your arm with this one...good influence, keep up the antagonizing Avy!!
Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you frieda.
wow, I knew that there would come a time when you would set aside the satire and really knock us out with some serious stuff baby and I have to say you wear it so well, but not everyone can write wickedly righteous satire like you, but kudos for Avy for inspiring this side of you too!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you corset
This is awesome. I thought it was about regretting your role in life, but I guess that's what addiction, lust etc. end up feeling like.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Something like that. Thank you for the review.
She certainly lit a fire under your a*s, our Avy, because this is some of the best work you've produced, Baby. Exceptional.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2012
Last Updated on December 28, 2012

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flight 5150 Flight 5150

A Poem by KeeD


Belief Belief

A Poem by Baby Ricochet