Working For Wal Mart Nation

Working For Wal Mart Nation

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Where are you sleeping tonight?

"


Working for Wal Mart Nation
    Trying to scrape on by
  Trapped in a lowly station
    Barely able to survive

 Was a time I had ambitions
    I had my wild dreams
But all of that's all over now
 They were all pipe dreams

   Looking for an America
  Where everybody wins
 No one gets plowed under
  Where anyone can begin

  A government of the dollar
   What we have become
Elected corporate politicians
   Who represent no one

  Suspending Habeas Corpus
     Forcing us into debt
Foreclosing on our mortgages
    Leaving us no assets

 Raping the banking system
    Without an oversight 
   Rigging the regulations
Then scream about gun rights

We're an arsenal for democracy
   Weapons factory systems
Billions made in weapons trade
 So screw the latest victims

 It's just the price of business
  Our expendable little lives
In a world of losers and takers
  The heartless will survive

Working for Wal Mart nation
   I'm nothing but a wheel
Trapped by trade deregulation
  They said would be ideal

Armed by the second Amendment
      Bushmaster in my hand
  Gonna make my own statement
and take back the promised land



© 2013 Baby Ricochet


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Praise and criticism would be much appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

excellent rant...makes me madder than hell, what this country does in the name of democracy, and as for the little people...let them starve and live on the streets while we vote ourselves another pay raise to supplement our millionaire existence with full health benefits to the grave. this country needs a f*****g enema, and we need to start with the very rich....and the corrupt political system. love it when you get me fired up, ricochet!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

I feel you bro. Thank you quinfinn



Reviews

My first real job was at a Wal-Mart during my junior year and senior year in high school. They thought they were the smart one's when offering a management position for $9 an hour, trying to keep me from leaving and bettering myself with a college education. Needless to say...that's when I knew they did not have my best interest at heart. They will abuse you and use you to better their profits, they do not abide by morals and or ethics.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Corporate morals. Not good. THank you Cobra Lounge
money money money

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Ain't that the truth
Then poem is true. It is all companies now. Hire only part- time. How do you live on part-time pay? Need old laws to return. Hire full time people and pay them good wages. A poem with a purpose. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

THank you for your input Coyote Poetry. I duly appreciate it.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ees
I try to shop at locally owned businesses, but big places like WalMart can sell things so much more cheaply that it makes fair competition nearly impossible and poor people are in some ways forced to patronize such places. It sucks hardcore, but we, as a society are so deep in at this point I don't see a logical way out except to not give them money... but like I said, people can't afford to buy or sell on the same scale when the big places have all the power with how cheaply they can manufacture and buy in such large quantities that the cost is supremely low.
There's a Walmart not far from where I live. It's a disgusting place. I do not shop there. I had to once though, to buy beer for my business when we ran out on a Sunday. The fact is that of the regular retail places where I could go to get some cases to supplement the supply that we normally buy through the distributer when we ran low- Walmart was cheap. It was a one-time deal though. And positively illegal, but hey, we were open, we had to have something to sell.

This line doesn't quite make sense to me? : "Without an oversight"- oversight doesn't seem like the right word in this context. Without a care? Without a thought for citizens? I don't know...


Greatest line: " Rigging the regulations "- pisses me off to no end! And happens!


Great American Poetry! The best I have seen from you maybe. The ending is a little frightening. It;s also exhilarating. I love it. I have had dreams to revolt since I read about the Revolutionary war in elementary school and realized, even way back then (The '90s. Clinton was Pres.) that this wasn't what the founding fathers had in mind.

Though I'm no warrior... I figured I could cook stew and hide the rebels in my basement when I had to. lol, I realize that you are not actually suggesting revolt and that this is a poem...but.... this isn't my idea of the country.

Anyway this was a real American poem. You did a beautiful job. It's a thought provoking one top!
Great job, write more like this, Baby!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ees

11 Years Ago

I agree with your statement about their laws and regulations being a crock of s**t and having nothin.. read more
Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Maybe. If you think of something post it. I'm open to ideas
Ees

11 Years Ago

I will if I think of something for sure.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
This is some focused anger at the right target. I we all did this, maybe things would change?

Posted 11 Years Ago


F**k it; let's get WalMart jobs. You in?

Really though, good writing. It is gross, and unfortunately true, that invisible divides only grow invisibly. The proletariat is floundering.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

F**k Wal Mart. Target.
Steven

11 Years Ago

I hope you pronounced that fench!: 'Tar-je!'
I love a good exploitation of corruption and a deceleration of dissatisfaction with the government,with politics and with society in general.

"In a world of losers and takers the heartless will survive",
How true in all sectors of life, the ruthless, autocratic business leaders do so well as do the politicians we show no mercy - as the recently decease Thatcher!
Even the bully in the play ground balances himself at the tip of hierarchy.

No matter where we look there in injustice, a society that condemns marriage and land owner ship of 16 year olds who aren't allowed to vote for two more years? Ranting is often the best way to release the daily outrage.

Nice write Baby!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you Willow. Always a pleasure hearing from you.
I trade at Wal-Mart because it's close. I have no feeling for or against it.

Wal-Mart does hire handicapped people and senior citizens who might not find work anywhere else.Maybe it's the last resort of lastresorts. But it's what's left.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by Marie. I've always enjoyed your comments
i appreciate...real truth...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you Surbhi
a POX on Walmart. I am an accountant by trade, but in my heart I am a writer. The daily grind has left me jaded, morose and fighting with G.A.D. I could go totally off on a tangent....but I wont. I'll just give you a standing ovation for this one. Peace.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you TL

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2149 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 27, 2013
Last Updated on May 15, 2013

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scumbag Scumbag

A Poem by s y e


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn