The Brothers Koch

The Brothers Koch

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

The Koch (pronounced coke) brothers are industrial gazzilionaires who have been funding far right PACS and interest groups for decades. Like the Taxaphobic, gun toting, history revisionist Tea party.

"
How did dumb become a virtue 
in political debate
The crazier the sound bytes are
the more they resonate 

Representing village idiots
A wing nut kind of norm 
Legislate against the people 
while claiming it's reform 
Deregulate the EPA
No more minimum wage
Cut tax rates for billionaires 
So we can be their slaves
Say no to global warming
Keep burning fossil fuel 
Say the facts are inconclusive
Though irrefutable 
Hand us over to the rich man 
The far right battle cry
They prey upon the ignorant
You have to wonder why
The architects of lunacy
The mirror in the smoke 
Aristocratic sabotage
The good old brothers Koch 
The far right sugar daddies 
with money to swing votes
Since citizens united past
unlimited banknotes 
Funding phony grass root parties
Through their super PACS
Generating paranoia 
with fear monger attacks 
Duping the uneducated
into a corporate vote 
Buying off the house and senate
with laws they underwrote 
When "grass root" party politics 
align with industry
You have to wonder what is up
With the duality 
The puppet master in the mix
The hand behind the cloak 
The far right wing nut piggy bank 
The Good old Brothers Koch 

© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
The Koch brothers inherited their empire, as well as their politics from their father "Fred C Koch" who was quite the wing nut himself. Fred was on the board of the old anticommunist right wing group "The John Birch society". Fred fervently believed President Eisenhower was a communist stooge and wasn't to thrilled with JFK being catholic either. To the end of his life Fred was convinced communists were everywhere and he passed that paranoia onto his sons who started the rumor Obama was a socialist long before he was ever elected to the oval office. Koch industries main agenda is government deregulation, particularly the IRS and the EPA so they don't have to pay taxes or spend money cleaning up their factories, hence the Republican main stay of tax cuts for the wealthy and denying global warming. Koch industries have maintained a low profile with very little transparency into their political contributions until recent years when it was discovered their super PAC "Americans for Prosperity" had been the master minds behind the populist tea party uprising after Obama was elected to office. The tea party has been as much a curse as they've been a blessing to the Republican party. Dragging the party so far to the right any sign of bipartisanship is viewed as treason from the rank and file. The Koch brothers are one of the chief players in the severe partisan politics we're seeing today.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're on quite the political tear lately Mark, although I know who you speak of, I wasn't aware of their history. Paranoia abounds, especially in these circles, it just takes one nutjob to get the ball rolling and the rest of the fools follow suit. They should dunk the tea party in hot oil as far as I'm concerned. I don't usually do politics as a rule, try to steer clear from that and polemical religion but I couldn't pass this excellent write up, never can any of yours, you always give the underdog a voice or smack someone upside the head and bring this kind of controversy into the limelight. Kudos BR.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Frieda
this just kills me...more fuel to the partisan fire...and again, all the political groups with their own agendas...they are elected to protect us...to work for the people...and all they care about is their own political destinations...

it sucks...and you are the master of political rant...you really capture the absurdity of it all.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

754 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..