Shall We Dance With Death?

Shall We Dance With Death?

A Poem by dementedreality
"

Inspired by: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Cherrie_Palmer/2115551/

"
Do we consent to our deaths? Blissfully unaware to the suffering that is to come. Perhaps we can know it's approach as we listen to the silence. In the silence we find the many possibilities. Vast unfathomable choices, some locked in from an unforgotten past. Should we learn to dance with death? Hear it calling to us, beckoning with a loving embrace.

Perhaps if we listen to the silence we will know. Never lost in the frivolities of life, still living joyful lives. Perhaps when the moment comes we can be present freeing ourselves of a laden trauma. We'll forgive the circumstances, embracing them in our final moment. Can we love our death when it comes for us and the circumstances that brought it forth?

© 2019 dementedreality


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Death is always a shock. Even when sickness tells us its on its way. I do think the dying are more equipped to make peace with the moment than those left behind.

As we age we meet death so many times, grandparents, parents, siblings, spouses, children, and close friends leave this life. I don't think their passing prepares us for our own. On a personal note I don't fear my own meeting with Death, I believe I will be untied with many loved ones at Heaven's gates and until then I will give this life a run for its money.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
1 Review
Added on June 16, 2019
Last Updated on June 16, 2019