A Better World

A Better World

A Poem by Autumn May
"

I talk about a better world take it as you will of where that is. it's kinda a poem that really hit home for me as someone who always felt like a black sheep this is what I dreamed of, a better world

"
Why does the world choose to be so mean,make others fell unwanted and unseen.

We hate and we lie,we fight and we cry.

We put put others down and step up to the crown.

It will all come crashing down one day like a tidal wave, once so adored your now someone no one will save.

They saw your difference and they let you fall, because you were no longer worthy to dance at their ball.

You fell to the place you had sent many others, who didn't meet up to your standards of another.

But instead of walking away those were the ones who decided to stay.

They helped you get up and onto your feet, they even let you sit in their seat.

They had a ball of their very own, and had plenty of gowns to give and to loan.

Everyone was different in the best type of way, it was hard to keep all the excitement at bay.

Color and size didn't matter down here, we could be ourselves without any fear.

Our past is our past, the anger doesn't last.

Because down here you're accepted and adored as an equal not as anything more.

We found a place where being yourself doesn't get you kicked to the ground, it is a perfect little town.

A perfect place where different isn't wrong, where you can fit and belong.

A place we can live in peace, and no one will tease.

I found a world where no one is mean, no one feels unwanted or unseen.

We love and we try, we laugh and we cry.

In a world that we can live not just survive

© 2020 Autumn May


Author's Note

Autumn May
Sometimes I miss things or things don't flow as well as I think they do. please let me know what you guys think on this new poem of mine... I haven't written in a while

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on January 15, 2020
Last Updated on January 15, 2020
Tags: hope, dreams, bulling, outcasts, black sheeps, society

Author

Autumn May
Autumn May

El Paso, TX



About
Hey there! so a little about me is I play the violin the piano and I sing. I about to go to school to be a choir teacher. I just moved recently to Texas. I love writing poems and stories. My goal whet.. more..

Writing
Penny Penny

A Story by Autumn May