Girl across the bar.

Girl across the bar.

A Poem by Derek Nall
"

Overcome regret

"
Regret, we are to familiar with this word and the definition it upholds…because we have lived on the lines of the letters we never wrote, and we have dreamed on the sounds of the voices we never spoke. But I regress.  
The girl across the bar…we will never know her her name, we will never know…how slow she likes to dance and how she got that scar just above her collarbone. But for some reason she will be a memory to me, and not for the regret I feel but for how a girl I've never known could find her way to graze the outer limits of my soul and how I will always know that smile. She wore it like silk sheets wear my bed and how I’d love to take you there.  Her hair covered half her face but the half that’s placed is the better part of a miracle…something so simple, she’s just a girl across the bar. Her eyes spell out my name, they speak to me, like hieroglyphs left for me to find and I will solve you…
Courage they say is for men and heroes, so I put on my cape and I write a scenario…for You and I.  I put on my layers of armor to block out all the self doubts that a God could sprout and prepare to battle…with regret… and the what ifs and can nots that approach me as I approach you and by the time the battle is over she’s gone. I’m all to familiar with this…regret…the safe bet, the uneducated guess, and I guess ill never know how your lips taste like skittles and how that spot on your wrist tickles, maybe I’ll never know…ill never taste that rainbow. But I do know that the lack of nutrition that my body has been missing, it was there…
The girl across the bar, whoever you are. I’ll hold you close in my mind until we run out of time, and I will never regret looking your way…for if I see you again hesitation will be my furthest of friends and I will make a scenario…for you and I. The only battle to be fought will be my fingers fighting the peach fuzz forest on your thighs, be the cause of the earthquakes in your eyes because you will fall for me…and regrets? They will fall for another man, as I will fall into you like a tired soldier will fall onto his bed...
With the girl from across the bar.

© 2013 Derek Nall


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: Girl, regret, overcome, spoken word, bar

Author

Derek Nall
Derek Nall

Colorado Springs, CO



About
Just a simple guy who likes to put thoughts into paper planes, let them fly and make words rain...hoping to find a spot into your heart. more..

Writing
Drowned Drowned

A Poem by Derek Nall


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by Derek Nall