loss

loss

A Story by dgreen0503
"

Nothing more than thoughts, destroy it, cast it into the void, I care not! I invite you to garnish this with your spite, expel upon it the carnage of all your life's woes.

"
   I have betrayed everything I believe in. I have turned my back on life, on adventure, on passion. My focus has now been solely directed to survival, to acquisitions that neither bring me joy, or peace. I have no soul left; it has been replaced with monotony to fit in and to reach the state of being normal. I have cast aside any thoughts of greatness or grandness, any hope of change or legacy. I have replaced this with consummate mediocrity. For acceptance into “reality” I have tossed aside passion for “safety, stability”. The price of my soul was a mere 40,000. I have no right to have passions that reach to the stars. No right to have great dreams, as I am a fool no different than all the fool’s before me and the one’s far after me. Why did I do this? For love, I have chosen to trade my hopes and my very dreams for that of mine that will exceed me. The irony is that normality requires that I sacrifice time with the very thing I sacrifice for. I have no idea what is next, no illusions to truly drive me. The only thing I can set my sights on now is money and it sickens me. However, what scares me the most is I don’t even dream anymore. I haven’t had a dream in over a year. I never realized the depths that dreams serve, until I lost them. My heart hurts from time to time. 
   I can only hope that they weren’t in vain, that they serve a greater purpose than square footage. I am torn between two realities and I can’t bear to think of the one that use to bring me such joy. I miss you dreamer, where have you gone? Are you still there? Or have you left me for all time. I miss you old friend. I have to go however, it is time to get back to tending to “growing up” I’m off to get more stuff! Wish me luck…… 

© 2016 dgreen0503


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on April 14, 2016
Last Updated on April 14, 2016
Tags: pain, hurt, loss, soul, time, age, fading

Author