A Terrible and Forbidden Universe

A Terrible and Forbidden Universe

A Story by dhoeweler

God, they say, is all knowing and I am jealous of him for this . I wanted to surpass my creator in every way conceivable, to be greater than him and eat from his forbidden fruit of ultimate knowledge. I had tired of his world and wished to create my own, built from pure thought and imagination where his boundaries of science, reason and rationality no longer applied. I dreamed of a different place where I created the rules. This unjust world annoyed me, the rage of it's existence boiled within my stomach.

The people of the world surrounded me and believed themselves to be “decent, honest and just”, a delusion which they believed to hide their demonic nature. They made rules and false ethics to differentiate themselves from the things that they don't understand.

I was one of those things they didn't understand. I denied myself of their delusions and because of this was free to roam and think in places few others dare travel. I began to question the demonic people and started to wonder why they felt a need to create so many boundaries and borders within their world. This bizarre system of “normal” patterns of thinking that they contrived seemed meaningless to me.

I hated them and their ways so I tore at their ideas with my mind while searching for new ways of thinking, a world unto myself away from the people of “decency”. I began to ask forbidden questions.

Through these my mind eventually broke an outer boundary of thought and stood outside of mankind's sphere of existence and understood how small and contained it was. Looking outward from the sphere I saw an infinite number of possibilities. Being curious my mind traveled towards them and then I heard a voice.

“You are welcome here in our endless universe.”

”What is better in this universe?” I asked.

“In our universe you will create the rules and become more powerful than a king. Here you will be the God that you have always dreamed of where anything is possible.”

The voice tempted me, so my mind melded with it's universe and I awoke in a different world where I was God over all things.

A small man with a black hat now sat in front of me, and I knew he was not of the world of yore. He was of this new world, and his eyes were flaming with hatred for me.

“Who are you?” I said.

“I am your creation and you are my God.”

“I never chose to create you. If I am your God then begone from my presence.”

“It's not that simple you see, just because you made me doesn't mean you can control me.”

The man then crept towards me with those flaming eyes, and I knew his existence was true. I saw in those eyes of his my old self and hatred for this world.

“Why do you hate me?” I asked.

“You have traveled beyond the boundaries of man. It is forbidden and for this I will make you pay. ”

I backed away from him.

“I'm going to get you”.

I ran to get away, and eventually found myself hiding under a bridge crying.
He then appeared, and I screamed at him in an angry voice.

“My desire was to escape from man!”

“Their are no people here, only creations by you. You have received exactly what you wished for.”

He then vanished, yet I could still feel the man's presence. I knew he was somewhere near so I decided to run to my apartment, where I would be safe from him.

Traveling to my apartment I stumbled upon a group of demon people, all of which were wearing black hats in the same fashion as that of the small man. Each of their eyes flamed with hatred and anger towards me, and I knew they had their sights set upon my death.

I darted into an alleyway to avoid them, and eventually weaved my way into my apartment. I locked my door hoping that the little man would not find me here. Looking outside my window I saw the demon people everywhere with their little black hats on, staring at me with hatred. Each of their eyes were set upon my destruction, and in knowing this I barricaded my door shut. I then took my shotgun and sat next to the door expecting the demon people to break through my barricade and murder me.

On the other side of the door I heard the little man speak.

“You can't escape me as I will torture you for the rest of your days. I am now in control of the people. They are now the demons you believed them to be in the old world.”

“Who are you!”

“I am the evil within your heart that you have materialized. Most will not experience their transgressions till after death, yet you are different. You will experience yours within the realm of man.”

I pulled the trigger, and the shotgun blast went through the door. I opened it, and the little man was no where to be seen. Going back into the apartment I heard a booming voice from inside.

“Your making a fool of yourself, I'm indestructible here.”

“Show yourself!” I yelled while loading the shotgun.

My finger was now on the trigger and I scanned my apartment waiting for the small man to reveal himself.

His figure appeared, so I shot a second blast at him only to see him disappear again in the blink of an eye. A booming laugh then reverberated throughout my apartment.

“This is so very entertaining. I am looking at you now and the terror in your eyes with amusement. You know I'm going to kill you, don't you?”

A loud series of footsteps were heard coming up the stairs.

“My demon people are coming for you right now. Do you hear them?”


Three knocks were then heard.

“This is the Police, we've heard gunshots fired at this location. Put your weapon away and come out with your hands up.”

I realized the demon people were coming to get me disguised as policemen. This was going to be the final showdown between good and evil so I crept towards the door with my shotgun in hand. It was either me or them.

I turned the doorknob quickly, opened the door and before I could put my finger on the trigger I heard a blast. My body dropped to the ground and I saw the small man with the black hat hovering over me.

“I told ya I'd get you.”

As my corpse lie on the ground my mind began drifting away from the small man. I began to realize how terrible this world was and started thinking of the old world and how I had taken it for granted. Memories of yore flashed through my head, as I drifted off into a coma.

In the darkness I saw thousands of different universes before me, each of them beckoning me to join them. They screamed at me in different voices the same thing.

“Come to my universe and I will give you life.”

I knew better, and chose to let other powers decide my fate.

 

 


© 2009 dhoeweler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on October 7, 2009
Last Updated on October 27, 2009

Author

dhoeweler
dhoeweler

Cincinnati, OH



About
I am a new writer whose works center around the issues of poverty, mental illness and disability. He is currently working on an autobiography in an attempt to unlock the mysteries of the psychotic mi.. more..

Writing
The Beginning The Beginning

A Chapter by dhoeweler


The CIA The CIA

A Poem by dhoeweler