The castle in the end

The castle in the end

A Story by spadezed
"

A small town, with a definitive past. Sera was looking for a new beginning. will she find it? or will the past, that she has been running from come to haunt her. The past she does not know exists..

"
The castle in the end.
Prologue:
An owl hooted somewhere in the distant. There was a melancholy sound to the owls call. I have always admired owls, they are my favourite bird. I had a heavy suitcase In my hand and the dragging did not help my speed. I wanted to reach the house as early as possible. The bus was stuck,while coming as a huge tree blocked its way. Being a small town , the buses on this route were few. 
It was already past 10 and i was a little nervous. The road leading to the house was quiet deserted, if I was little superstitious than I would take this as a sign. The first day I move to a new home and everything goes wrong. I was suppose to be here at 5 in the evening, I missed the cars that were going to move my things here. So they will be coming again tomorrow. So I am left with nothing but my clothes and some essentials. I have no food and no coffee or tea. I have no internet connection, and so I cannot work or watch anything online. After you get used to internet, you just get used to it. Everything related to the internet : the phone the ipad the computers seem usless.
I picked up my pace. I hope my new car would be here. Atleast I could drive up to the town and buy a sandwich and teabags. The trees canopies were hanging low and made a natural shed for the road, and I could see the light from the moon waver in and out. It was beautiful ,in an eerie way. It would be a perfect setting for a paranormal movie. It somehow did not scare me, I was more scared of peoples cruelty than some fantasy that people play in their head. 
The path curved a little, and I saw a little enclave, that hid a iron gate. A little shiny like a coppery colour. I read the sign next to the gate, the name read "black rose chateau". I had finally reached my place. This house belonged to my aunt, she had inherited from my great grandmother. I opened the gate which made a heavy creaking sound, and I made a mental note to get the gate oiled. 
As I walked past I saw the garden stretched out on both sides of the path, and there were wild weeds growing. So not the front lawn type garden. They were practically high bushes. I mentally scolded myself for being extremely negative about the place that I was about to make my home. I walked further and the grand house came into view, yes it was definitely some scene from a horror novel. The house was made from grey stone. It had creepers hanging from the conical roofs, the balcony that jutted out from the second level as if making some kind of a statement. I came to a stop in front of the steps that led to the small lawn. Pulled my suitcase and dragged it across the lawn. The lawn was not as wild but It still was unkempt. My aunt had said there was a lady, who was the house keeper of the place when my aunt used to live there. So I was suppose to give her a call tomorrow. Yet another mental note to myself. 
I came to the main door, which was made from heavy wood. And had round spikes like on the fort gates, somehow that did not seem out of place. I fished out my keys and put them in the key hole. I am very bad with keys, it generally takes me a lot of time to get used to the door settings. This time the key just felt in place, and it door unlocked with a click. I don't know why, but somehow I wanted to make a grand gesture or some dramatic scene before I take my first step inside the place. I looked around, and as predicted there was no one around, just the night and the cool damp air. Again somewhere a owl hooted, somehow it felt as if the same owl that I heard previously. Maybe I was going crazy or maybe I was making a big deal out of everything. 
I pushed the great door inwards and took a deep breath. I waited just before I took the first step , waiting for something to happen. After about 5 seconds I pushed the door further and took my my step towards the beginning of the end of my life.
Chapter 1.
I was amazed at what i saw, the lights came on as soon as I entered the house. Creepy. It had some kind of motion sensors or maybe the lights were wired to the doors. The main entry vestibule was huge. It stretched out on both sides. The left side of the vestibule led to the staircase ad the right side led a small drawing room with a huge fire place. There was a French window, but somehow the drawing room looked cozy. As I looked ahead I could see the way to a passageway, that I think led to the kitchen or the dinning. I looked at the staircase again, they were breathtaking, the baluster formed a shrub with had a rose on top and the railing continued as a floral pattern to the first floor. It looked like an eleven design, very delicate. The flooring near the stairs was checker tiles, like a chess board. The staircase railing was dull golden, which went perfectly with the flooring.
I walked and deposited my bags in the drawing room. I spun around, I felt like I was trespassing. I looked like a forbidden magical place. Something felt a little weird as I looked around, what was I not noticing. Than I realized that the house was clean, like someone had been living there. I felt my heart quicken and my stomach forming a knot. I was scared now, it should not be cleaned. I tried to clam myself down, by thinking that I don't know anything about this house. my aunt had not said anything about the house. I had just assumed that the house would be in a very bad state.
I convinced myself that my aunt must have asked someone to clean it for me. I was debating whether to walk straight towards the kitchen and explore the floor, or just sleep on it and be surprised tomorrow. Curiosity was an amazing thing. my curiosity won over my fear. So I walked towards the passageway. As i walked forward, I saw the color of the walls change, they became a deep red. There were portraits on the walls as I passed. I was overwhelmed by the people in the paintings, some where on a horseback, some where holding a sword and posing. I walked past the portraits stopping at one with a beautiful lady in it. She was very beautiful, like a swan princess, she was wearing white fleece, her complexion roses and cream. She had a rabbit in her hand and she looked down at me. the artist had done a good job with her eyes. My aunts eyes started down at me, with the same kindness that had looked at me my whole life. 
I loved my aunt dearly. She was like my mother in so many ways. She was a complex woman. Kind hearted just to the people she loved, others found her shrewd and mean. She was all those things, but bnever to the people she loved. I was included in that few people. She was widowed at a very early age, which left her with no children of her own. So she took a fondness to me as I was the first born of her dear sister. My mother had died when I was 3 leaving me in the care of my lovely grandparents. My father had left my mother when she was pregnant with me. 
My family was just like other families. I just lost people in my life before I even had a chance to know them. I was not bitter about the fact that I did not know my parents as well as my other friends knew. I was glad that I was just a child, you never miss something that you have never known. My grandparents were too busy to raise me. my grandmother was a high society woman, who was a president of a very high functioning charitable trust.my grandfather was a very famous writer. And kept to himself. 
I did not have any complaints with my grandparents. They loved me, in their own way. I knew that. i kept looking at the painting of my aunt, it soothed me in many ways.i Saw the name plate below the painting. The golden plate read Amelia rose. I blew a kiss at my aunt and walked forward. Their were empty spaces to the wall as it stretched. As If waiting for the paintings of the future generations. 
As the passage way ended I cam to a circular room with a big chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The room was like a buffer. It had a small round table with a flower vase, and the vertical black and cream tiles meeting to the circular table. To the right their was the dining room with I was guessing double height. And to the right another small living room with double French window, which opened to the side garden. I squinted my eyes as I tried to look out the window, i could see a grey stoned fountain. This place was very beautiful. 
My previous home was huge too. It was beautiful in a very modern way. My grandmother renovated the place every 4 years, and shifted the furniture every 6 months. She was a restless woman. So the house was always changing , and up to the new home decor fashion. Our home was always in one of the architectural magazines. As I tried to relate this house with mine. This house was traditionally beautiful, it had some modern feathers to it. So it cam out as a traditionally rich house with the modern conveniences , like the light sensors. 
I loved my new house. my life was going to be very comfortable here. I walked further down, I hoped was the kitchen. Their was a small enclave on both sides as the circular room ended. The white double doors were closed. I reached out to open them. I opened the doors and went inside. 
I was right about one thing. the door led to the kitchen. i was completely wrong about the house being deserted. I froze at the spot, my mind going in a whirl. I think I was trying to panic but my nerves failed me. than I screamed.
Chapter 2.
Four pairs of eyes started at me. i looked at them and kept on screaming. I felt rather than see in slow motion as the guy dressed in dark clothes walk towards me. I could not move my legs, I wanted to run but my feet were plated on the spot. The guy came forward with his hands open towards me. he seemed to be saying something. But I think I was hyperventilating and failed entirely to understand or hear him. 
Finally I spun around and started to run towards the main door. As I ran the lights in the house came on. It seemed the main door was far, I was afraid to look back, so I kept running. I past the passageway and the hall. Reaching the door I tried desperately to pull the door. I was prayinf for it to give away, but the door did not budge. I felt the man behind me, and I turned. He was so close to me. I could see his yellow eyes. It glowed I thought In the dim yellow light. The lights dimmed, were they this dull when I came in. everything was going blurry. I wanted to grab on to something, but I felt the room spinning. Stop I cant loose myself now. He will kill me. last thing I felt were his arms. 
I felt very light, I think I must have dosed off again after my dinner. It had been so long since I had the luxury of mildly losing your will to stay awake. As the body gets very comfortable after a heavy meal. Martha s cooking was the best, but I never seem to have the time to lay down after the meals. I felt the mattress under me, it was very soft. Very light. Then all my other senses came around. It did mot smell like my room, but I can never trust Martha. She kept on changing my air freshener. It felt different. 
Than it all came to me in a flash. The deserted road. The grey house. the black rose. My aunt staring down at me from the paining. The circular room. The kitchen. the people. The man. I sat up so fast, I gave myself a head rush, I tried to look around. But my sight was all black . I blinked rapidly. The panic rising again. I flapped my hand around trying to grab something anything. Then the vision started to return to me. I saw that I was on a bed. A wide bed.
The room was huge. It was beige in color. With a Gothic floral wallpaper. The furniture was creamish in color. And the decor was as little over done. Too much furniture, which were not needed. But somehow it did not look like a museum, it fit. The overdone furnishing was a reason to fill the hugeness of the room. It was a combination of a study and a bedroom. In the far end their was a floor to ceiling window. Curtains were pulled back, as the moonlight cam in the room. Soft lights were lit in the room. There was a chaise lounge before the study stared. On the other side of the room their was a small tea table. Which was next to another large window, which over looked the fountain and the yard. Straight ahead I saw two double doors. 
I wanted to get up and see where I was. It did not seem like a terror house. so a little panic left my stomach, but my heart was still pounding. I looked next to my bed, there was a glass of water and a note. I went for the note first, even though my throat was dry. 
"madam, forgive us for scaring you before. Our apologies, we did not hear you entering the premises, please consider our apologies. I am Sebastian. I look after the estate, from you r reaction I assume, madam Amelia had not informed you about the staff here.
If you feel well, please do come down to the hall, we will be waiting"
Now I reached for the water. All I could think was why had not my aunt told me anything about the staff. I was worried about my stay here. I wanted to call her right away and scold her. Forgetting about her generosity. I got up , feeling a little sure of myself now. I walked up to the doors . I opened one on the left. It opened to a walk in closet my suitcase lay on the corner. Straight ahead I saw the bathroom. I went in and the lights came on. I was used to the lights. Because I had the same system at my older house. 
I did a double take. The bathroom gave a new name to luxury. There was a wash basin up front . on the right the w.c. on the right corner there was a Jacuzzi. I walked towards the Jacuzzi, feeling giddy. I saw the shower cabin behind the wash basin. It was amazing. The whole bathroom was made from a yellow stone and whit walls . I washed my face. My toiletries were on the basin. 
I freshened up a light and walked out of the bathroom. I than took the right door and it led me to a corridor. I took the stairs and they led me to the halls. The lights were bright in the hall. And as I slide down the stairs, the man came into view. He was standing in the space between the hall. He looked up at me and smiled. 
I reached at the end of the staircase. He was standing their not moving at all. I think he was afraid that I was going to bolt again. I walked up to him. "hello sebestain, I am sorry for earlier" I held my hand out. He smiled now showing his white teeth and took my hand. "how very lovely to meet you madam" he had a very serene voice, very soft and yet very masculine. I found myself blushing. "madam i am very sorry for earlier" he said. I just shook my head. "madam, I presume you must be tired and hungry, please follow me towards the dining room." Before I could say something he turned and started walking.
I followed him, as I was left with no other choice. I wanted to talk to him, ask him questions. But I did not know where to start, so I just kept on walking being led by him. We reached the dinning room. The room as I had not noticed before was brown. There were dark red painted design at the bottom, that ran all along the room. As I came near I noticed they were small flowers. The table was rectangle. It seated 12. I was not surprised. Two chandelier hung, lighting up the table. Behind the table the curtains were closed. But it was easy to guess the French windows. 
"Sebestain, If I may ask who were the other three people with you in the kitchen" he looked around. Holding the far end chair for me. I sat down. "madam, they are the other staff. They work for you. Leo is the cook. Steff is the stable boy, we had horses before. He answered my surprised mute inquiry. He went on a study leave. susie will be your maid." He said this as a matter of fact.
My stomach grumbled. That is when I realized how hungry I was. Maybe skipping my dinner was not such a good idea. "i am very glad you have a meal prepared, sebestain" he smiled pointedly and walked towards the kitchen. I liked him. He was a little stiff, but his eyes were observant, as if he did not miss a thing. I was very happy he did not make a big deal about my fainting incident before. He must be very young. Maybe in his early 30s. 
I was looking around the dinning room. When the kitchen door opened. A man with very blond hair came out with a tray rolling before him. I presumed he must be leo.he was heavy built. With big arms and a rounded belly. I smiled at him. I knew he was nervous because he kept on avoiding my eyes. He smiled at me. he was a little old. May be 50 ?
"hello miss, I am sorry for early, please forgive us" he said. I just nodded my head and waved my hand. "you must be leo. I am sera. How do you do" I said holding my hand. He took the hand, smiling even broadly, surprised. 
He lay the plate in front of me. he put a bowl of hot soup on the plate. I was so famished, as the aroma of the soup washed over me. I smiled at him. Appreciating the hot soup. I was a little chili. The house was not cold. But the rain and the damp weather somehow were still with me. the bus drive and the walk. It all came up to me, and I felt very tired suddenly. I wanted to gulp down my food and go up to bed.
I took the spoon and started eating. The soup warmed me up. It was pumpkin almond soup. It was delicious. "it is very tasty leo, thank you" I told him. He just bowed his head saying " my pleasure" I started drinking the soup. It finished off too soon. I found myself scraping the bottom. Where the hell were my table manners. I did not realize that leo had left. I looked at the container next to me. I took off the lid and was just helping myself to another helping. "madam please allow me, I am extremely sorry for this" a woman came in. this had to be Susie.
"don't worry, Susie . you don't have to apologies, I can do it myself" I said. She came closer and she was red in the face. I assured her again by smiling at her. "hi I am sera, it is nice to meet you" she took the spoon from my hand and served me. "madam, leo has made curry for you. It is veg. as we know that you are a vegetarian. He will be here with the course." I thanked her and went for my soup.
I finished my soup. Than leo came with the curry. I ate it so fast . one thing I knew. These people were awkwardly formal towards me, but they were very good at what they did, at least leo was one hell of a cook. I could understand the formal behavior towards me. my aunt was a very stern woman. I had to tell sebestain that I was not my aunt, and they had no reason to be as if I were her. 
As I was finishing up my 3rd helping of the curry. Sebestain walked in the room. "madam, would you like a chocolate cake for desert or tea?" I looked up at him."you did not have to go to so much trouble, it is very late" I said with a apologetic smile. "no, It was no trouble at all, we are more than happy to serve you, it has been a while, this house has hosted anyone" he said. 
" I had my tea, while talking to sebestain and leo . Susie was preparing my closet for me. I found out that the moving truck had come and sebestain had made sure that my things were fixed in the house. I was very happy with the news. I even found out that the car was here. It was a perfect ending to a very long and hard day.
I thanked them and retired for the very eventful evening. Sebestain wanted to walk me up to my room, but I refused. As I went up the stairs I saw that the area led to a small opening. And on the other side there was aother door.tomorrow, I am going to go house exploring. Maybe ask sebestain to giver me a tour. Not today though, I walked towards the door I was before. I opened it and went inside. I heard water running. I saw that Susie was inside the bathroom. She was drawing water in the Jacuzzi. "Susie, I could have done that myself" I said. She just smiled. As I walked in the closet I saw my night clothes hangin. 
I opended the closets and found my clothes and my things neatly kept. I was so used to me living as a student, I had forgotten how it felt to have everything be done for me. I lived alone at an apartment that I rented and I looked after myself. I cooked cleaned my flat. So It was out of habit of someone do it for me, the work easily being done for me. I was very grateful to all the people who were here with me, trying to make me feel at home. It felt very much like home. My eyes stung as I realized that I was welling up.living alone fo such a long time. i did not have many friends and clubbing and night clubs were not my thing. my idea of a party would be walking through the city, alone at night. maybe sipping hot chocolate. i craved loneliness, but when you have people around you, who are not in your way and are happy to be around. it soon remiands you of how lonely you are.
 I blinked rapidly trying to stop mself. I went inside. Susie left me wishing me a very good night. She wanted to stay till I had my bath. But I strongly oppsed. She had done enough for me today. 
I took the longest and the most soothing bath of my life. The water was perfect, it was warm. not hot that i would feel dizzy, just warm. It warmed me to my bones. I stayed there as long as I was hot. I got dressed and went to the bedroom. Beside my bed their was milk. I felt so very clean. I got under the covers and reached for the milk . it was warm chocolate milk. I took a gulp and reached for the book that was kept on the side table. Susie was amazing. It was the book that I was reading on the way. I wondered , maybe my aunt had told them about my habits. 
there as long as I was hot. I got dressed and went to the bedroom. Beside my bed their was milk. I felt so very clean. I got under the covers and reached for the milk . it was warm chocolate milk. I took a gulp and reached for the book that was kept on the side table.I read till I could not keep my eyes open. I wavered in an out of sleep.
 I woke up with a start as I heard a bang. I sat up fast , again this evening. I was certainly jumpy after coming to this house. I ran up to the window, drawing th curtain. I looked across the garden. I thought I saw a black dog running away. It was early morning. I had slept through the night without realizing it. 
I was so tired that the bang did not concern me. I went back to the bed, slept again. Somewhere i heard a door closing. I assumed it was someone coming to check on me. I did not even move. I was aware of my body but was too lazy to do anything. 
I slept not knowing how long. But I felt a smile on my face. I was having a nice dream. It was a start to a nice life ahead. I hoped… 
Chapter 3
I was sitting at the dinning table after getting dressed, I did not understand the concept of getting dressed, for no occasion at all. 
As I was getting ready I found my family locket in my jewelry box. The only jewelry I was fond of was my ring, that belonged to my mother. My mother had a lot of rings. Her fingers were made for rings, they were elegant and long like an artists. I used to stare at her pictures when I was small.
Stared long at my parents, the people I did not know, and never will. When I was in school my classmates use to compare their features to their parents. Like my friend liana had her mothers eyes. Johnny Brandon had his fathers nose. So I use to stand in front of their pictures and find some likeness that I could call mine. 
I remember telling my grandmother this. That memory so vivid. She looked down at me and told me. "dear, you look so like your mother, in every way, some times looking at you I wonder if she is here. And you have your fathers vigor, his walk and his body language." After she told me that I was so relieved. That was the first time I had tried on my mothers jewelleray. Her diamond ring, that she was wearing when the potraight was taken, it had a blue gem, and a rectangular cut diamond. i slept wearing that, sometimes imagining my mother sleeping next to me. Wondering how she would have been.
Even today I was very fond of that ring. But I never wore it after that day. I kept it safely in my jewllrary box. But there was one locket that I called mine, my birthday gift when I turned 16, my grandmother gave it to me. it belonged to my great great grandmother giselda. It was a mix of silver and gold, with a red gem as a dragons eye. It was a round locket with the dragon in middle. 
I wore it today as I was starting my new life. The very first day of the rest of my life. It was a ceremony locket for me now. I always wondered why my grandmother let me freely wear such an old family heirloom. But I guess she had it given it to me, and she belived it belonged to me. I had good memories around this locket, I wore it on all my birthdays. I wore it for all my graduations. All very important days. 
Leo had prepared mushroom and spinache omelette today, I was having them with beans and hash browns. Sebestaina brewd me some earl grey. It was the strongest brewd tea I had ever drunk. Except at my aunts place. I almost chocked sipped it first. I lloked at Sebestain and smiled. "you know I am not my aunt, i don't drink this strongly brewd tea" he just nodded and smiled "it wont happen again madam" 
I was going to the market today, to ask for a decent internet provider. Sebestian told me he would be more than happy to go himself. But I just had to explore the market and I wanted internet. I wanted a new sim card for my phone. i had to start knowing the place I was living in. I thanked leo and headed out. It was gloomy today, the sky eeiry grey, the weather promised a good wet day.my kind of wheather. I was more than excited, If I could be listening I could hear my heart thumping. 
I went out, Sebestain holding coat and my bag for me. "madam, mistress Amelia had asked me to start a new bank acc. For you hers. And she had Mr. stevens to transfer money to your now local acc. I needed some signeturs so you could get your own card". He pulled out some papers and I signed them. Living here was going to be extremely easy. "so i will go and get the card. When I go to the city. You don't have to do it." I walked out of the door. i informed sebestain that I will have lunch at the town. 
I walked towards my red cooper that had arrived yesterday. I was not used to driving this car, as I drove a sedan when I was away for college. But I guess, the town being small I had no use for a bigger longer car. Besides I had always been a fan of red coopers. I got in. I assumed this was a gift from grandmother. As she could only had approved a color red. if my aunt would have choosen it it would have been black or grey or white. how very different, the women were in my life.
I started the car , I was out of the gate. I took a right as Sebestain had directed me. He told me that there was a short route towards the town square. If you took the right and then a left, left again and head startight. I followed his instructions. The place looked like a cold and damp woods. All I could see was green and grey. Thr trees were heavily grown and the roads were cleaned from the rains. 
I kept on going straight, then the foresty path ended, and I saw a old huge grey house on the left. And the lane became clear. The wall that surrounded the house was on both the sides. I guessed the owner owned both the lands. The vast land was well kept and it was a beautiful place. As I drovw through it I heard horses, I looked around, and saw a man riding a horse and a woman following him . or rather trying desperately to ride along side him. I watched as he rode past me and he entered the house that I was so openly gawking. 
I started at him and the woman for a long time. Till the time I had to stop craning my neck. This town was like being in a jane austen book. The man was wearing a hat. Who wears hat in the 21st century. Thank god the woman wasn't wearing a gown. Or riding traditionally. I drove faster.
I reached a round about with a sign left for the town square right Ridgepoint and straight market. I drove straight. 
chapter 4
the market was very american, it had two lanes stretched on both sides. all kinds of shops. i saw a small garden which was deserted, because of the hour. 
i was sure i could find anything in this town. so i mentally made a note to myself. mobile service internet and then food. i saw the mobile service provider, and i parked my car. i was openly looking at the market. i felt the smile on my face. people passing were as curious about me, as i was for them. i wished some of them good morning.
i walked inside the shop. the shop was small as i expected it to be. run by one staff member. i walked in and the man behind the counter smiled at me. "hi, i am sera. i am looking for a new mobile service" he did not react. he just stood ther. so i raised my eyebrows. and pointedly looked at him. 
that is when he reacted. "my apologies, i am charlie" he said pointing to his t-shirt. "are you looking for a short term service or are you interested in ome of our roaming the area services?" i was looking around, i did not want to chande my phone, i was very used to my phone. but the new gadgets looked very alluring to me. FOCUS sera. "if you have a long term one" that made him raise his eyebrows. "you new here?" i nodded. 
" are you amelia roses neice?" he asked with a little too much excitment. " do you live up that haunt.. i meant old mansion BLACK ROSE CHATEAU?" i could hear his whole question. but my mind had stuck to the word he was about to say.. was he going to say "haunted?".
i looked at him. with warning in my eyes. "yes i am staying ther, could you please enable my service" 
after that there was not much to ask.i also got the internet service. in that time, he kept on asking me questions, but i was not intrested anymore. i did not want him asking me anything about the house being haunted.
as i walked out, i felt his eyes folowing me. so i took a turn uo ahead, just to avoid him looking at me.  
chapter 4
i went around the town. i wanted to walk. i really liked walking, as i must have mentioned earlier. it had started to drizzle. it did not bother me, what would make it perfect would be a hot cup of coffee. as if, my prayers were answered. i saw a small cafe, with a open counter. 
i walked up and smiled to the girl, standing at the counter. asked her for a black long. She did not look so curious about me, mybe this town had a lot of tourists. She handed me the coffee, with a smile. i took a sip, now i was really happy. 
my previous thoughts left me, so i asked her a little about the town. 
she was very friendly, unlike my first stranger. her name was clair. she was a student, had come home for the weekend. i thanked her, and started walking. 
 the town was fairly sized. not too small. and it had all the amenities. 
i walked around, people kept on throwing me curious glances. but i think they were too poliet to ask. or maybe this whole town was shy. i sat down at a bench, near a hair salon. as i was sipping my coffee. "hello there, how dod u do?" i looked up and saw a african american lady smiling down at me. i stood up "hello, i am well, thank you." she sat down smiling and waved her arm. 
i sat down next to her. "so how is old amelia doing?" she asked me. i was very surprised, so it took me a little time to answer her."she is well, mam. do you know my anunt?" i asked. she nodded. "i was the one looking after the estate, before" this must be the lady my aunt was talking about. the one who looks after the house. 
i kept on sipping my coffee. as she told me, how her granddaughter had come to live with her, as her parents had going through a rought divorce. i could not imagine her state, she told me her granddaughter was 15 years old. a rough age, and to top it her parents were being seperated. 
i told her about my parents, which she already knew. and smiled kindly at me. she started telling me about her granddaughter. people were so passionate about theie children. so proud, they did not require any invitation to be talked about.
i liked talking to her, listening to her talk about about her granddaughter. i offered to host her grandaughter whenever she wanted. she was very happy by the thought. i guess she did not think my house was haunted. 
maybe the guy charlie was just trying to be funny.
i was famished so i invited ivy to luch. she readliy excepted. as her granddaughter was out for luch. she took me to a dinner. near where we sat. as we walked by, i saw people coming up and talking to her, she very kindly introduced me to all of them. 
we went to a sams diner. it was small and cozy. as we sat down a man, with a apron anad a checked shirt came to greet ivy. he was sam. as ivy introduced us. he owned the diner."sera, this diner is open past midnigt, so feel free to come here." i thanked sam, as i asked for the menu.
"we dont have menus, sera. we have specials" i looked the black board. all the specials were either meat or fish. 
"sam, so you have anyhting which is vegetarian?" i asked apologeticly. At that ivy laughed,"just like you aunt, you are. etas nothing with eyes." 
Sam nodded "not to worry. i will cook up smothing for you." so i waited at the table. peopel liked to surprise here. i was listening to ivy, when charlie walked in the diner. 
"sam. coffee. please" he sat at the counter. sam poured him coffee. chatting about the wheater. i heard charlie complaint about the wheater. he walked out of the door, thak the gods he did not notice me.
that was when i knew i was not going to like cahrlie at all. 
  
chapter 5 
i was done with my lunch an hour later. ivy being the best company i could ask. 
sam served me salad and soup and his home made bread. followed by his excellent apple pie. i was stuffed by the time i was having my coffee. 
i walked out of the diner. feeing really happy. i thanked sam for his delicious meal. as i and ivy were walking. she took my arm, as if to stop me. i turned around to face her.
"sera, my dear. i need to tell you something. their might be some houmers going around the town. dont pay any bother to them. they are just some hypocritically people. narrow minded scum." as she said that. my ,mind immediatly went to charlies HAUNTED question, that he was about to aske.
"ivy, is there something you should not be keeping from me? i mean is my aunts house haunted or something.?" i saw ivys face changed, she was angry now. "who told you that, i want names" i lughed at that. 
"no one in particluar, it was just a guess. i mean ehat else could people come up with." she started walking. without letting go og my hand "the house is not haunted sera, it is just a story people form when they get bored." i had no idea were we where walking. 
i did not say anything as we walked. 
i saw ivy to her house, and polietly refused her as she offered me tea. i jsut wanted to get away. as i walked few blocks. i realized i had no idea where i was headed.
i was lost in a town, where town people thought i was living in a haunted mansion. 
great this had never happened to me before. 
chapter 5 
 

© 2015 spadezed


Author's Note

spadezed
i apologies for my spelling mistake. i was very excited. writing very fast.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015
Tags: #urbanfantasy, #paranormal, #romance, #love, #sacrifice

Author

spadezed
spadezed

NY



About
love burning the midnight oil, enjoy urban fantasy, batman fan. more..