Sweet Chill

Sweet Chill

A Story by Emily

Rain pattered down the window panes, the only sound Elisa heard in her small cottage.  She hugged her purple and peach woolen sweater close as she padded across the kitchen to get her hot cocoa. Its heat was a welcome relief to her icy hands, a comfort in Elisa’s solitude. After returning to her spot on the worn brown sofa, she took a premature sip, and burnt her tongue. Alarm gripped her as she swiftly swallowed the mix a set the cup on the coffee table. Elisa decided to let it sit for a while. The drizzle outside picked up pace, making it less comforting and more worrying. Elisa was always anxious about fast-falling rain. It made her heart quicken to its beat. Elisa picked up her hot cocoa, taking extra care to make sure it wasn’t too hot. She closed her eyes, savoring the wonderfully sweet flavor. She sighed contentedly, gazing around the living room. She took in the maple wood floor, Kay’s nature paintings, the overflowing bookshelves beside her. Elisa gently smiled at the room, the memories. The doorbell rang, breaking her trance. She unfolded her legs and walked to the door. Opening it was like opening a Christmas present. A blonde in a black raincoat handed her a pizza box.

“Hello, love,” the girl said as she walked in.

“You’re my hero, Kay,” Elisa replied, pecking her girlfriend’s cheek.  She set the box on the coffee table as Kay settled on the couch. Elisa sat next to her and took a large slice of the pepperoni pizza. Kay bit into her slice, grinning. She took Elisa’s hand, but drew back in surprise.

“Love, you’re ice cold. Come here,” she said, drawing her close. “Better?” Elisa snuggled into Kay’s chest.

“Yep.  Much better.”

© 2014 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 28, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2014
Tags: romance, rain, lesbian, lesbians, love

Author

Emily
Emily

CA



About
Hey, I'm Emily. I go to Los Angeles Valley College, and I write poetry and some short stories. In my free time, I draw, play video games, and play with my dogs Zeke and Roscoe. Zeke is a Great Dane/Bo.. more..

Writing
The Clash The Clash

A Story by Emily


Faye Faye

A Story by Emily