Daddy was mean but Mama was nice

Daddy was mean but Mama was nice

A Poem by Diamond Dae

My Daddy was mean but my mama was nice. She'd usually talk to us and smile twice. My daddy on the other hand, felt like he was stuck. Not a father figure or a role model. Just someone you really couldn't follow.

 

She would cook dinner and let us stay up late. With daddy, you couldn't move till you cleaned your plate. No time to talk or laugh, not even to shoot the breeze. Still prayed for him every night on my knees.

 

He had his moments don't get me wrong. Especially when he heard his favorite song. Maybe he wasn't mean just misunderstood, now that I think about it, he probably did the best he could.

 

Mama was pleasant and maybe to friendly, guess cause she really couldn't talk to daddy. They would yell, fight and cuss. We'd listen in, my sister told me to hush.

 

See daddy's so mean, she would always say. Why don't us and mama just run away? Cause we're family, bound by blood, sweat and tears. Why give it up, I'd already dedicated ten years.

 

For ten year's this is all I know. To young to understand the way things go. To young to understand the divine plan, or that mama was just a woman and daddy just a man.

© 2013 Diamond Dae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on January 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013