A restless spot of my mind

A restless spot of my mind

A Story by Dimitri
"

short fiction story

"
This time I went there. I wasn't really sure if it was the right time, Eonis with his yellow eyes said no, but I couldn't care less, this time I had to do it.

One step to the left,  moved forward for 3 minutes and then drank the vanilla shake. Eonis who was looking disapprovingly at me suddenly jumped and ran back, the coward. I was starting to feel the effects when a blue ribbon appeared in front of me. Naturally I took it and placed it on my head. Looking a bit to queer I moved forward.

-You stop!

I didn't take any chances so I stopped right there.

-Very well,  now will you please bark? My ears have not heard a sound for a very long time and I'm lonely.

-I certainly would Miss, Madam, but I don't know how to.
-Of course you know, it's only natural. But oh I see, you brought a cat, I don't think that is a wise choice kiddo.

My mind was racing. I was told that the old lady who lived in that house was sort of a wacko but no one told me she hated cats.

-Well, that's a very fine cat the one I brought here you know, and you ought to be more polite, cats are very sensitive beings.
-Oh I had a cat once, it's just that I almost chocked when I ate him.
-Wh wh what?
-Well there was war and no food, what would you have me to do? Eat my feet?
-No no, you're absolutely right madam, I would certainly eat Eonis if there was no food around, I think that I might even like him if I was hungry enough, but right now the thought of eating him disturbs me. Even if it is so, may I ask you one question?
-Go ahead chubby boy.
-Did you ate him with mustard?
-Of course you little idiot, it is very well know that all cats should be eaten with mustard, otherwise one has bad nightmares, it actually happened to me once...
-Please Madam, I beg you stop, my stomach is filled with fear and vanilla shake and I'm afraid of what may happen if you continue your story.

In that moment I looked back and saw that Eonis had left. I felt a pang of guilt for having brought him there luring him with baked potatoes and ketchup, but now he was safe.

-So what do you want young boy?
-Nothing.
-What?
-Humm, nothing.
-So why are you here?
-I, I really don't know miss, I just dreamed about this place the other day, probably because I'd been painting my room wall and the toxicity of the painted invaded my brain, anyway, I dreamed about this place and wanted to see if it was real.
-Are you convinced now you little idiot?
-Not at all Madam.

Since I was standing on the door frame I hadn't seen her yet and all sorts of images were popping in my mind. Was she left handed? Did she wore a pink pijama?  Were her nails painted with green stars. Such were the ramblings of one who is infused with fear.

I could hear her footsteps, I'd seen her a bazillion times while going to work in my bike, but that was during the daytime. In my dream she was utterly transformed at nighttime and that's what I wanted to see. I knew it was stupid  but I was lonely and adventurous at that particular time of my life.

She stopped just a few steps from where I was and I could see that she was even more beautiful at nighttime.  It was a shame that she was lonely, and suddenly I felt sad for her.

-I'm sorry, I think that I should leave now, you must be tired because of the long talk and all, and since you like to be lonely maybe I should respect that.

She didn't say a word. Her eyes pierced through my skin, brain and soul and I felt and urge to kiss her and run. Of course, I wasn't brave enough so I just bowed so low that my back ached for the next 3 days, and left her there standing on her door.

A year later I still haven't eat Eonis but I must confess that the other day I put a bit of mustard on his tail and licked it for a while. It was good.

© 2010 Dimitri


Author's Note

Dimitri
non native English writer, may have some grammar, orthography mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on July 22, 2010

Author

Dimitri
Dimitri

Guadalajara, JAlisco, Mexico



About
I believe that writing is the art of telling complex things with simple words. Sadly, most writing today seems to be complex words telling simple things... Love to write, love to read, I believe th.. more..

Writing
Nature Haiku Nature Haiku

A Poem by Dimitri