Heavenly Ascension

Heavenly Ascension

A Poem by The Cracken
"

Finding your way home is never easy, but always worth it in the end.

"

Falling, falling a thousand miles an hour, hoping my decent doesn't end with my death.

Searching, searching the darkness for anything stable, so that I may tell up from down and down from up.

Panicking, Panicking because I don't know where ill end up, or if ill get to see my family again, or if I'm even alive.

Content, content because I've come to accept my current circumstances and the results that wait for me at the end of this dark path.

Then slowly, I watch it come into view. The once black void has now come alive with a tiny white light.

I Here it calling my name, sending love in my direction.

Bigger, the light grows bigger and bigger, and I begin to move faster and faster.

This is it, I'm ready.

Suddenly, I arrive. I arrive in the loving presence of the light that called my name through my entire journey.

I notice its beautiful glow. How it shimmers through the darkness.

And then, I know where I am.

"Welcome home my child", it speaks to me.

© 2014 The Cracken


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Regardless of my personal religious views, this is really good. Thank you for sharing it.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 23, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014

Author

The Cracken
The Cracken

Arlington, TX



About
I am a young writer, 18 years of age, experimenting with many different types of literature. Some of my favorite areas to read particularly have to do with the Manhattan project. I don't really know.. more..

Writing