Elise

Elise

A Poem by The Cracken
"

A poem to the one who got away. Chelsea, you will always hold a place dear in my heart.

"

   Every day that I realize I've lost you my heart grows heavier. I try and suppress your beautiful smile but the image still lingers.

   I wish with every morsal of my being, that I could just hold you. But its too late, your hearts moved on and I'm the one stuck here hurting.

   We gave one another two years, and didn't think to look back. Now I need you more then ever but your feelings towards me are pitch black.

   I have only myself to blame, I could'nt find it in my heart to forgive you, but if I could chose now, I would let you know how much I truly miss you.

   My eyes swell with tears and my mind races through our created memories, I feel it, deep in my soul, an overwhelming misery.

   Why do the ones we love always end up hurting us? No one ever told me "love is an emotion unheard of".

   I know now, what it means to never want another, even if the love of my life has found another lover...

© 2014 The Cracken


Author's Note

The Cracken
An emotional piece I wrote while lieing down one night. It hit me hard, just what I had given up. Give honnest feedback! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very much based off of true events.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very sad, heartfelt and tragic. But most importantly it read authentic and true as if based on true events.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This was a Beautifl and very Heart-Felt Poem. I feel great Sympathy for the fact that You are in this situation. I will try to give You one imprtant saying that I have so often heard. It says if you set the Love of your Life free, and they end up coming back to You, then it was Meant to Be. Heartache is very difficult.Give it Time, and things will Clarify for You. You are a Great Writer.

Posted 9 Years Ago


There is a beautiful reality in pain... sad but true. I really enjoyed reading this because its honest and emotionally raw. Thanks for sharing.


Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014

Author

The Cracken
The Cracken

Arlington, TX



About
I am a young writer, 18 years of age, experimenting with many different types of literature. Some of my favorite areas to read particularly have to do with the Manhattan project. I don't really know.. more..

Writing