Avarice

Avarice

A Poem by The Cracken

A world stricken with greed, a populas with an unsatisfiable, neverending need,

such a shame what our world has come to.

Most people don't allow their morals to exceed...

...past what we know as right or wrong, we move backwards as a civilization, not forward, continuously singing the same old song.

 

"Money, Power, Fame"

 

"Money, Power, Fame"

 

Why is it the world has to be this way?

People of this day and age do not possess values, nor do they hold contempt for their wrong doing's and evil deeds.

The everyday citizens  of this country live and strive for wealth and women; thus is what hey hope to achieve.

If their ancetors could only see them now, I wonder what they would say.

Would they curse their decendents, or would they tell them to fall to their knees, and have them repent? Or pray?

One can only speculate such delusional thoughts, but even so, at the the end of each day I lie down and hope to have brought...

brought..

Brought the world my point of view and my perspective of life, even if i cant change the world, at the end of every day I will always be able to sit down and write.

© 2014 The Cracken


Author's Note

The Cracken
Don't be afraid to give honnest feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on June 25, 2014
Last Updated on June 25, 2014

Author

The Cracken
The Cracken

Arlington, TX



About
I am a young writer, 18 years of age, experimenting with many different types of literature. Some of my favorite areas to read particularly have to do with the Manhattan project. I don't really know.. more..

Writing