The Electricity

The Electricity

A Story by dino
"

An aggressive and frantic personification of life's oppressions represented by electricity, and other various elements.

"

            She’s frantic. Frantically gripping the metal in hopes she might let go.  Everything is loud. Everything is noise. Nothing is quiet. Nothing is still. She has to get out. She has to let go. Her body convulses as the current shoots through her limbs. Nothing is silent. Everything is noise. They are laughing, laughing at her. They never stop laughing. Everything is noise. She is frantic. Gripping tighter in hopes she will let go. Her face is frozen in a terrified state. Her body pulses violently but her expression remains the same. But inside she is frantic. Frantically wanting to let go. This is poison. THIS IS POISON! But what is poison? They wont stop laughing! Everything is noise. There is a hissing sound. There are screams. So many screams...  But they are not her own. Or are they? Blood is seeping out of her hands as the electrified metal has corroded the skin. They are laughing even harder now. She wants to hide. She is frantic. Frantic to be safe. She is exposed. The screaming gets louder. The hissing gets closer. She hears heavy machinery clamoring about. Everything is noise. Everything is NOISE. THIS IS POISON! Her body is convulsing. A pool of blood is forming on the floor. They are laughing. Her face is petrified with her eyes open wide, mouth stiff. STOP LAUGHING! LET GO! LET GO! Fix this! Get out of here! Run! Run! RUN! She grips tighter. NO! They are laughing. Bruises are forming where her body continually slams on the floor. Her breath is sharp. It’s getting harder. This is poison! Stop laughing! The hissing gets closer. The pool gets bigger. It’s staining the white carpet. The white walls begin to fade. Her world is going black. Fading out. This is poison! She is frantic. LET GO!!! A red tear floats down her cheek. The screaming is louder. Pounding her brain. Louder. LOUDER. This is poison! Nothing is silent. Nothing is still. They are laughing hysterically. She is fading out. The bruises get bigger. She is frantic. Frantic to hide. RUN! The screaming is louder! The current darts violently through her body. The pool is bigger. The room is spinning. The hissing is on top of her. All around her. This is all she knows. Screaming is all she knows. And then, after one last scream, she’s gone.

 

Slowly, slowly, she woke up to silence. Everything is still. Everything is silence. She could hide here. But she didn’t need to. Everything is still. Everything is perfect. The white walls no longer taunted her. Everything was silence. Peace. “Remember surrender” whispered an inaudible voice. She smiled as she remembered. Slowly, slowly, she faded into a trance, stuck between sleep and awake for only a moment before she passed into darkness.

            Quickly, quickly she felt her bruises. Her face was struck with terror. Blood pooled on the floor. They were laughing. The walls have changed. Nothing was silent. Everything was noise. There was screaming. Hissing. Machinery. She was frantic. Frantic to hide. The clock moved at lightspeed. Faster. Faster. The electricity pulsed violently. This is poison! Let go! Fix this! She was frantic. She gripped to let go. NO! She needed to hide! RUN! Slowly, slowly she heard it. Her body lurched on the floor. Her bones were cracking. She heard the voice. The inaudible voice. Quickly, quickly blood dripped from her hands. The clock’s hands moved at light speed. Stop laughing! The screaming pounding in her ear. The metal was burning her. She heard it! It had always been there! LET GO! RUN! This is poison! She could barely breathe. HIDE! Stop laughing! The walls were spinning. Vomit was all over her. Her eyes were paralyzed in fear. Her face was expressionless. But on the inside she was frantic. Frantic! Quickly, quickly gripping to let go. Remember surrender. Slowly, slowly. The clock slowed down. One finger pried off. LET GO! This is poison! The SCREAMING! Two fingers. Slowly slowly. Remember surrender. The hissing was closer. She couldn’t breathe. One hand was loose. Her face was paralyzed. They were laughing! HIDE! She couldn’t breathe! Slowly, slowly. Blood pooled on the floor. She was covered in vomit. She couldn’t breathe! LISTEN! Everything was noise. Nothing was still. She strained her ears. Slowly, slowly. Remember surrender. The clock slowed. The screaming pounded in her ears. Everything was noise. Everything was moving. Four fingers all at once! The current lessened. Slowly, slowly. This is poison…slowly, slowly remember surrender. The voice! Has always been there! She just couldn’t hear it before. So much noise. Remember surrender. She was suffocating. Choking on her own vomit. Her face paralyzed in fear. Five.

            There…

            Her body no longer shook violently. Slowly, slowly. She was suffocating. Lying in the pool of blood. She couldn’t breathe. No more laughing. No more screaming. No more noise except her gasping for breath. Her face slowly loosened. Slowly slowly. She surrendered. Slowly, slowly. She could breathe. Nothing was loud. Everything was still. Everything was her broken body. Everything was her impaled lungs. She surrendered. Slowly, slowly she could breathe. Everything was her hands worn to the bone. Slowly, slowly. Surrender. Skin formed scars. Slowly, slowly. Remember surrender. She was safe. The bruises remained. Slowly, slowly. They began to heal. Slowly, slowly they would be complete in time. Where was the clock? There was no clock. Everything was silent. Everything was still. Everything was her healing. Slowly, slowly. Everything was her Healer.

            “I’ve never felt so insignificant. I’ve never felt so alive.”

© 2011 dino


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on May 22, 2011
Last Updated on May 22, 2011

Author

dino
dino

Writing
The Chase The Chase

A Story by dino