Edgar

Edgar

A Story by BobM
"

This is Edgar

"
Edgar is bald- balding, really- he's at that stage of unseemly baldness where the few hairs remaining on his b*****d head make him look utterly ridiculous. Still, Edgar manages to crawl out from his bed every morning- on the far end of the room- to stand himself in front of a cracked oblong mirror, which happens to be scaled even taller than his scrawny figure. He can cook well enough, though he always forgets to trim the edges off sandwiches. Edgar can't imagine living without his darling wife, who conversely can't imagine how she could get stuck with such a putz. When Edgar leaves for work, where he spends most of his worthless time, groveling for raises as he well should, he always blows her a kiss- which she immediately throws away. Although he practically enslaves himself, he still doesn't quite make the cut, does he? Anyway, I think you've got the basic idea about my husband.

© 2015 BobM


Author's Note

BobM
This is Edgar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
N
I rarely ever like short story so short because for it to work you need every word to be perfect so you don't feel unsatisfied in the end. Well I love yours. Every words is obviously chosen carefully, not one word too much and yet you get a colorful portrait of two characters.You should really do a collection of these little pearls.

Posted 8 Years Ago


BobM

8 Years Ago

Thanks! That's very kind of you!
Good job…i really like the end identifying the wife as the storyteller.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You've managed to create two very colourful characters in the space of 100 words, it's pretty impressive. Great job nailing the details too! It seems as though the word limit didn't manage to limit your writing in any way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BobM

8 Years Ago

Thank you!
I enjoyed this, and was surprised by the ending. You currently come 1st, 2nd ,and 3rd.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2015
Last Updated on October 30, 2015
Tags: Micro Story

Author

BobM
BobM

Writing
Memories Memories

A Poem by BobM


Overclocked Overclocked

A Poem by BobM