The twisted lives we lead

The twisted lives we lead

A Story by Disenchanted
"

This post might be a bit more complicated to understand, because it is a reply to another post. Still, it is good, quality writing that makes me proud to call myself an rper :D

"

He took heart to hear her voice, watching her mid-section for a long time to make sure her breathing was steady and unlabored. Not even knowing he had held it, his breath escapped him, the 'whoosh' of the expelled air quite audible. Still, his muzzle ran along her ribs, checking for broken bones, before moving to her leg, gently touching the mamed flesh. She was weak, skinny. Unkept. Her coat had lost it's gloriouse shine, her hair ... and raggen in most areas. She looked...to put it nicely, like sh.it. Assuring himself she was okay...or, rather, not seriously injured, he took time to listen to her words, smiling as she said his name, and spoke her greeting. The fact that it was spoken with a broken spirit, and that it was the best she could give at the moment did not bring him any feeling of hope. The smile that she shone him brought a reflecting one to his face, his eyes glistening with slight fear and intense concern. yes. It's me. he said, trying to reassure her by that fact alone. Still, he knew that it would probally not mean much. didnt mean he couldn't try. He watched her gaze go toward the setting sun, wondering if the upset expression upon her face was because of her lack of shelter or something else. He was suprised at her quickness to reply to his question, audits perking to hear her awnser. His expression, formerly comapssionate and worried, changed to raged and disgusted in a second. your MOTHER?!? he asked, his voice heated.m your MOTHER did this to you? his tones had lifted in volume, gazing in unbeliefe at her. Sure, he was well aware of the fact that she had informed him of her family's natures...but for THIS? It was insane. Unorthodox. Not even HE had harmed his son, and he killed others on a regular basis. Still, his anger quickly disappated, replaced once more with worry as he gazed at her again. you need to eat. attonations were slow, contemplating. His kill was not far away. He could easily be there and back in a few minutes. But, it was easier just to give her food as a mother would her pups. His stomach retched, as did his throat, feeling strange as themeat tucked away inside his stomach was retched forth. opening his jaws wide, he allowed the pile of mean to slide forth, landing in a steamy heap upon the eart. Sure, it looked disgusting...but, it was meat. It was part of nature. Mothers had been regurgitating meat for their pups for centeries, and many times, when a member of the pack was wounded, wolves did it to suplement their crippled compantions as well. As soon as she was strong enough, he would take her to the kill, or perhaps even hunt. But for now, it would do.

© 2009 Disenchanted


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on July 9, 2009

Author

Disenchanted
Disenchanted

Athens, GA



About
Well....uh...im a person, with a certain color of hair. I have a name. I am tall, not really skinny o.o (but not fat xD). I LOVE to write. I am not just any kind of writer. Im a roleplayer. In my case.. more..

Writing
Serpent Serpent

A Story by Disenchanted


Prey Prey

A Story by Disenchanted