First Hunt

First Hunt

A Story by On
"

"Your eyes will change, your mind will change, so it is with all of us when we join the Sacred Chase." -Sasett, Elder of Eru

"
The moon shown bright in the sky as it did most nights, but this night the air was beset by a new spirit. The fire burned beautifully, reaching up into the heavens as did the songs of our people. We are all called to the Chase, and this would be the first time It's voice fell on my ears. It was Beauty herself coming in the distance. My eyes closed and as She approached i felt the fire in my bones rise to meet Her. Oh how beautifully She moves, how She dances so gracefully towards me. I was a lost child seeing Home, i was a blind man watching the Sunrise, i was a lover finding Love. I began to weep, reaching toward her as an infant reaches for its Mother. She took me. On Her wings we leapt into the heavens above and She spent an age telling me the Story of Time. I remembered my people as a distant memory and She brought me back to them, back to the fire, back to my childhood body. A new song was sung, and all beheld me differently. It was a new life and an old one, i had new eyes and old ones, i had new thoughts and old ones. I had become part of the Hunt. 
-Excerpt from "A Blind Harold's History of Eru"

© 2012 On


Author's Note

On
My vision for this is much more than just a single story. I have an entire universe created, but i am unsure of where to start sense it is incredibly vast. So my plan is to write smaller works within the universe and work towards crafting a main story-line through it. I'm posting it on here because i have to start somewhere, i have so much trouble procrastinating and i just need to start writing. Anyway, comments are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This line really stuck out for me: "It was a new life and an old one, i had new eyes and old ones, i had new thoughts and old ones." The blending the old and the new. You do this beautifully.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2012
Last Updated on February 27, 2012
Tags: poem, song, chant, tribal, ceremonial, shademare, sleep song, eru, prayer, First Hunt

Author

On
On

Durant, OK



About
Waring with Resistance. more..

Writing
Sleep Song Sleep Song

A Poem by On