A night to remember

A night to remember

A Poem by DZasia King


“LEAVE!” she shouted,” GO! Leave like the rest of them.” her body crumpling towards the ground her voice getting weak and shaky. She watched as the stranger’s back stood before her. Her fingertips gripping her knees tightly as oceans washed over. Heart stretched out towards him unable to feel his embrace. He dared not to move. Body stood still out of reach like most things in her life.


He didn’t know what to say this time. Tired of the tug of war. Tired of the games she played. He needed a moment. A moment to breathe for she was chaos and didn’t understand how to calm her storms. Time had spent its days making the joined river run dry. Both became overwhelmed with thirst. He watched her in great sadness. Her hair knotted like a thorn bush yet she was as fragrant as ever.  Though the lines ran deep in the creases of her face, he couldn’t help but to admire the woman he had loved for so long.


A grin pressed against his lips before he began to grit his teeth again. The burning fire they shared only caused pain. Silence in the room grew deeper creating a void. Words already painted on the canvas of their minds. It was time to say good-bye. As the clicks of his heals creaked along the floor board, her heart jumped hoping he'd turn around to say good-bye. Only to have a shadow of a stranger carved into her memory.


© 2017 DZasia King


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on August 23, 2017
Last Updated on August 23, 2017

Author

DZasia King
DZasia King

Lincoln Park, MI



About
Lover of life. My goal is to show my passion through my art works and hopefully help others in the process. Any comment is worth posting in my eyes. more..

Writing