What's Under My Bed (through the eyes of an eight year old)

What's Under My Bed (through the eyes of an eight year old)

A Story by Elizabeth
"

Monsters are under my bed

"

There are monsters under my bed, the scariest monsters that could ever be thought of. Monsters with slimy, grotesque, tentacles that could wrap around an arm or leg that dangles over the bed to drag you down to the dark abyss where they eat their victims. The monsters, with their yellow sinister eyes glaring from beneath the bed, watching, searching for a child to take. The monsters that have fangs that drip with the crimson blood of its last victims. These are the monsters under my bed, and your bed.

The only person that can save you is your stuffed animals. You may believe that they are only toys, but they are much more than that. They are your protectors, they guard you at night. If you don’t believe me, then let me ask you this one question. Do you ever notice a new tear in your teddy bear? Or even a patch of its fur worn out of your new bunny? Well these are the scars that they get from protecting you at night. How do I know? I watched my teddy bear, Sir Hugglesworth protect me one night.

It was a stormy night, the wind was howling, and the power was out. I shook with fright. My night light was out so I couldn’t see a thing. I just hid under the covers, hoping that this wasn’t my last night. After about thirty minutes I dozed off, but soon awoke to something grabbing my arm. I didn’t realize it, but when I fell asleep, my arm was hanging over the edge of the bed, and what was grabbing my arm, was a monster. I tried to pull away, but that just made the monster tighten his grip. I was being pulled off my bed, I was so terrified that I started crying. But the next thing I know, the monster let go of my arm, I quickly pulled my arm back up and tried to see where the monster went. I couldn’t see anything, so I grabbed the flashlight I keep under my pillow, turned it on and then swept the light around my room. At first I didn’t see anything, but then I noticed that in the corner in my room, a hulking mass stood. I flashed my light on it, and saw that this was the monster from my dreams. It stood at about ten feet tall and it’s skin was grey and rough looking. It’s face was long and long sharp teeth protruded from its mouth. It’s eyes were yellow hollowed sockets piercing me with their cold glare, but then shifted to something on the ground. On the ground was something that I have long forgotten. My teddy bear that was given to me when I turned three, Sir Hugglesworth, his fur was a little worn and dusty. In his paws he held a wooden sword and shield.

I watched as he started attacking the monster. It was a brutal fight, the monster would hit Sir Hugglesworth across the room, but he would get right back up and continue fighting. Hugglesworth started swinging his sword at the monster. He was cutting its legs up and until the monster couldn’t stand anymore. It then collapsed to its knees, yet still continued to fight. It then clawed Hugglesworth eye, his button eye went flying across the room onto my bed. I looked up to see Hugglesworth decapitating the monster.

As the monster fell, it started turning into dust. It took a little while but soon, it was completely gone, just a small pile a dust remained. Then all of a sudden my night light turned on. I got up and turned my light on, then went over to where Sir Hugglesworth was. He was just lying on the ground not moving. At first I thought that it was just a dream, but then I saw the missing eye and the pile of dust. I went and swept the dust under the bed, then picked up Sir Hugglesworth. That night he slept tight in my arms, protecting me from those monsters under my bed.

So remember, your stuffed animals are the only ones to protect you. You may forget about them, but they never forget about you, and they will always protect you from the monsters at night.

© 2015 Elizabeth


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015
Tags: monster, teddy bears

Author

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Carlisle, IA



About
My name is Elizabeth Wheeler, and I'm almost 18. I'm just a beginner writer more..

Writing