Vultures

Vultures

A Poem by Daniel Scotty Roz

In light or in darkness, vultures don't starve while staring down at fallen comrade's carcasses.

But what are friends worth when trying to fill your belt's girth.

And what's the definition of honesty when those scheming fiends are cursed with incurable gluttony.

So they'd circle around the rotting flesh, swoop down and dig their sharp beaks into your chest.

They'd claw at your intestines and haul your corpse around in mud to disgrace you even further. In tears of joy they'd devour you then perch on crooked branches, only to release what they've digested on top of you.

Then when blinds become unfolded and a trace of their shadows lurk you tell them you knew. They look at each other and laugh at you, those heartless smirks on their two faces.

Your sensitivity cannot soar higher than hungry vultures seeking their prey. Locked to land you run and run, but can never get away.

Fight as you may the beasts turn you to recklessness, resulting in unthinkable catastrophes.

Here you are, your last stand, trapped and surrounded by these creatures. Your only escape being the depth of the seas.

Chained by fate you drown yourself...The chase and deceit had resulted in a righteous calamity.



© 2013 Daniel Scotty Roz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hm...pretty much it's like 'kill or be killed'. Interesting. A lot of friends aren't worth your time, they show their true colors eventually. True friends are rare and hard to find nowadays. But the fake friends are the ones who will easily use you, then throw you out without a care. It's sad that I actually know people who treat others this way...

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really like this piece! I think that it has a nice mix between telling a story while also being something we can all relate too.
At some point in our lives we have felt like this was our own story. Like we had vultures after us.
I think that in choosing to use 2nd person the point really came across in a real, raw, and powerful way. All without losing the story or the natural feel of it all ( with out becoming fake).


Posted 10 Years Ago


A splendid read and write...Thank you for penning...:)................

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 3, 2013
Last Updated on December 3, 2013

Author

Daniel Scotty Roz
Daniel Scotty Roz

Clark, NJ



About
Freelance graphic designer also interested in poetry and spoken word. more..

Writing