Mr. Believer

Mr. Believer

A Story by Deana Leigh
"

They call me Mr. Believer because I believe that she is out there somewhere.

"
I never see her, but I know she is there right beside me. I can feel her presence, and I swear that I can smell her hair when she flips her head to the side...Cherry Blossom. She is always there. She has light brown hair; it's almost blond. She is poised, and she only worries when others do. Her favorite color is blue, but she always paints her nails red because she thinks it makes her hands look better. I don't think it matters what color her nails are. She's beautiful no matter what. 
Sometimes, she laughs until she cries, but when she finally stops, she always says that it wasn't even that funny. She can't cook, but she tries to anyway. I just let her because I know that we will just have to spend more time together cleaning up two messes after I get done cooking another meal. She is allergic to dogs, but she doesn't care. She still has three huge golden retrievers, Lacy, Louie, and Lance. She's always on my mind. She is perfect in every way, but she doesn't know that. She doesn't know me, and I don't know her. 
They call me Mr. Believer because I believe that she is out there somewhere. I see her in my head. I hold the door open for every girl in the hopes that one will look into my eyes and know my soul. Most seem startled and their eyes rarely reach mine, but who is to say that no one will ever look. Someday...
I saw a girl the other day with light brown hair, but when I asked her what her favorite color was, she just laughed and walked away. I hope that it was blue. I watched her until she turned the corner, so I guess that I'll never know. That's okay, because I know she'll look into my eyes and see my soul.
It's been a while my old friend. I have been sitting by my window lately, wondering if it is too late. She is my drug, and I am addicted. Where is she? My hands are wrinkled, and they shake. She will love them anyway because she thinks i'm beautiful no matter what. 
I saw her yesterday. She was laughing for no reason at all, and I overheard her tell her friend that the joke wasn't even funny. I waited for her to look into my eyes. I got closer, and I said hello. She looked directly at my soul, and it felt like an angel was lifting me up toward the clouds. She walked with me all the way home, and it was as if she was always there right beside me.  

They call me Mr. Believer because I believe that she is out there somewhere.

© 2017 Deana Leigh


Author's Note

Deana Leigh
Is this a sad story or a happy one? You decide.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Extremely clever writing. I enjoyed it

Posted 6 Years Ago


Interesting you wrote this from a male point of view on this particular subject. I can't think of anything better than reading something like this and be inspired.For all the Mr.believers out there, thank you

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hmmm...more sad than happy. His very specific details pretty much rule out everyone on the planet but that ONE specific non-cooking laugher. The believers of see it, dream it into existence would commend his specific details. The rest of us worry that someone even better than he can imagine will be passed over. Yeah...gotta go with sad. Good job of profiling a lot of people's perspective in this crazy world of disposable relationships. Dude, don't give up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Deana Leigh

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! I'm glad it made you think a bit.
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
As far your question is concerned, I`d say it`s a happy story at the same time as it`s sad one.

The reason I think it`s a happy story is because of the protagonist and his attitude. He`s obviously a hopeful soul which means he`s got faith. I guess I can say it warms the heart to see that, there`s so little of it nowadays. Especially when it comes to self esteem.

However, the reason I found it a bit sad as well, is because he`s constantly waiting for this girl to show up. Which in turn indirectly tells the reader that the main character is lonely. Maybe not 100%, but he knows what it feels like, no doubt.

All in all, I think this was a good read. You managed to bring a lot to the table with such a brief story. That`s why I`ll say, keep at it Soldier of Literature!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Deana Leigh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review! I'm glad you read it, and you were able to think about it a little.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2017
Last Updated on June 1, 2017
Tags: love, relationships, perfect, believe

Author

Deana Leigh
Deana Leigh

PA



About
I'm 20 years old, and I am majoring in communication with a focus in public relations. I spend the majority of my life confused, but that's why I write. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..