Love Miles Long

Love Miles Long

A Story by Daniel Herrera
"

So basically, I wrote this story based on a close friend I have in real life. She has an admirer who is a grade below her, but she doesn't like him back. This story is about these 2 "lovebirds".

"

Love Miles Long

PROLOGUE

My heart raced. I looked into his eyes, and all I saw was perfection. His eyes, his smile, his cute dimples, everything. I was terrified. I have no idea why, but it was my first kiss with the guy I loved, what else was I supposed to feel? We looked deep into each others eyes. His eyes closed, and then mine. We were so close I could feel his warm, calming breath against my face. And then we connected..........


CHAPTER 1

The first day of eighth-grade sucked. I’d rather be a slave in Zimbabwe with the antalopes. But I mean, it wasn’t so bad. My friend Amber was with me, and we were gonna visit the mall later after school. Could have been worse I suppose. At least I had 1 person I knew with me. And we were friends since sixth grade, so we were pretty close. But as I walked into first period English, I noticed him. And I knew I didn’t like him. His name was Miles Gomez. Messy hair, seventh grade, and kind of nerdy. Ugh, just his name turned me off. Good thing I could pick where I would sit. But right as I sit down next to Amber, Mrs. Horn yells at the class, “Ok class, don’t get comfortable, because I’m assigning you seats for the rest of the year!” And guess who I was sitting next to. Miles. Mother of slaves, just my luck. I sit down, and the first thing that he does is introduce himself to me like he was some sort of Asian gentlemen. “Hello, my name is Miles Gomez. What’s yours? Do you like the Walking Dead? Do you like soccer?” I don’t know, all I know is that he creeped me out. And eventually, I answered him with, “Hey, my name’s Emory. And sorry, but I don’t like soccer or the Walking Dead.” And that ended that conversation. But throughout the entire class, when Mrs. Horn wasn’t looking, he was making really bad jokes, looking at me, trying to start a conversation. It was like the devil took a joyride in his head. Ugh, I hated that class so much. And when the period ended, I jumped out of my seat like Michael Jordan, ran to Amber like an antalope from Zimbabwe, and then left the class faster than Harry Potter could teleport. And that, was my first period of my first day of eighth grade. Pretty zesty. (Not). But the rest of the day passed quickly. P.E. was fun, even though I swear I fractured my hand trying to catch a football. And don’t get me started about the mall. Amber and I basically spent the entire time inside A & F. And the funny thing is, we didn’t buy anything. Honestly, those guys in their were so hot, they made Megan Fox look like a penguin. It was soooo nice. Now if only I could live in there as a millionaire.


The next day was just as good and just as bad. Of course, Miles is there, waiting for me to take my seat next to him so he could start another awkward conversation. And of course, I tried to act cool. And of course, I jumped out of my seat and ran out the door. But on the bright side, I didn’t have to play football, and there was a pretty good barbeque after school. I don’t know why, but the food was actually pretty good. Normally, at school’s the food tasted worse than slave shart. Anyways, I WAS having fun with Amber, but out of nowhere, Miles and his “gang” come up and they start talking to me and Amber. Ummm, ok? I had no idea what caused this, but I guess Miles just HAD to see me some more. Ugh, what the slaves! Did he not understand! I would never date him! But at the same time, I didn’t want to be mean about it. I mean, he was a seventh grade, he was honestly go into like some sort of depression if I said no to him. (Did I mention that in Art, he stubbed toe and cried?) That night, the only thing Kirsten and I were texting about was Miles. How I should just ignore him, and how I was out of his league. But through the entire time, something nagged in the back of my head. And I had a strange feeling, like I was doing something wrong.


This continued, for the next 4 months. Me, trying to ignore Miles. Miles, trying to hit on me. Kirsten, always trying to give me good advice. On the plus side, I made the school cheer-squad. GO DRAGONS! My grades were A’s and B’s. Life wasn’t half bad. And the best part, for my birthday, my relatives got me $200! If that didn’t say shopping spree, I don’t know what would have. So the very next day, me and Amber and Kirsten went to the outlets, and I came home with about 3 bags filled with shirts, shorts, jeans, bracelets, jewelry, a new iPod case, and a pair of Oakleys. (Because there just cooler than Ray-Bans.) And the best part, Amber and Kirsten pitched in and bought me a super cute necklace. OMG! I almost died. But the months passed. My Oakleys were still amazing, I never took off my necklace that I got for my birthday, and of course, Miles was still hitting on me. It never ended. And when I broke my foot trying to place soccer, he got me a get-well card and actually made me cupcakes. Sweet, but still really creepy. My life was decent. But one day, something changed. My relationship status.


CH. 2

It was a normal day, actually. The last day before Christmas break. I was eating candy-canes left and right. Me and Amber were going to the mall again. I was so excited. But first, to deal with school. But as I walked to Art, I realized my binder was in English. I went back for it, got it, and right when I was walking out the door, Miles comes up with flowers, chocolates, balloons, and asks me on the spot, “Emory, will you be my girlfriend?” All of a sudden, my mind went blank. To this point, I always imagined myself saying “no” to his face. But now, I couldn’t bring myself to say it. And it wasn’t because I really meant “no”. I didn’t want to say “no” because it wasn’t my honest answer. At that moment, it was like something swapped out the words “no” and “yes”. And the next words out of my mouth sealed it. In said “yes”. And then we hugged, and walked hand-in-hand to Art. And that day, even though I expected it to go very differently,  was the happiest day of my life. I felt like I was dating perfection. I never thought those thoughts would enter my head, but I guess things change. And that night, when Kirsten and Amber were sleeping over, I told them. And they flipped out. I guess when you start to date a guy who has flirted on you for about 4 months, its bad. But I didn’t care. All I know is that I dreamt of me and Miles of the beach, hugging, surfing, everything. He was my everything. And thats how it was the entire month. We went on amazing dates, he helped me with soccer, I helped him with homework, we went to the movies. And one day, when we were at the park, something new happened. We sat down next to each other, and then we made eye-contact. My heart raced. I looked into his eyes, and all I saw was perfection. His eyes, his smile, his cute dimples, everything. I was terrified. I have no idea why, but it was my first kiss with the guy I loved, what else was I supposed to feel? We looked deep into each others eyes. His eyes closed, and then mine. We were so close I could feel his warm, calming breath against my face. And then we connected..........and I swear we kissed for so long that little kids were staring at us. I felt so calm and peaceful, I wanted to freeze time, there on the stop. Connected, through love and lips, with the guy that my heart was dedicated to. Life was perfect. And when the first day back to school came around, people were shocked when they saw he and him together, holding hands, hugging, talking. But that wasn’t the best part. The day of our 3-month anniversary, right next to my seat when we were downtown having lunch, he just came up, kneels in front of me, and tell me that he loves me. At that point, I cried so much, I’m surprised no one was making fun of me. All everyone was doing was just saying, “Awwwww, how cute” and stuff like that. But it was more than that. It wasn’t just cute. I was amazing. That day, then became the best day of my life. And life continued.


CH. 3

So it was our sixth month anniversary, and Miles didn’t seem very excited. He didn’t seem to remember the anniversary, he didn’t bring it up, he changed the subject quickly when I started to talk about it. It was almost awkward. I don’t know how, but it just was. All my friends were saying he was going to break up with me. And that day, I was close to believing them. How could the guy I loved break up with me on our 6-month anniversary? I started to believe this rumor more and more when me, Amber, and Kirsten went for a walk. At that point, I decided the worst was going to happen. And I cried all the way home. But right when I opened the door to my house, 2 things happened. First, my tears dried so fast it was like they instantly evaporated, leaving no trace of my utter sadness. And the second part almost brought me to tears again, but this time, out of happiness and joy. On the floor in front of me was a note. And what was on the note made me so happy, I couldn’t imagine to describe it. “Happy 6-month Anniversary my Love <3 Dinner is in the back”. I raced upstairs to get dressed, because I’m pretty sure my boyfriend didn’t want to see me in sweats. And I raced down into the backyard into his arms, and what laid before me almost had me crying again. (If you haven’t noticed, I tend to cry a lot when it comes to romantic stuff.) The most perfect outdoor dinner lay before me. 2 seats, balloons, roses, super-fancy setup. It was like a 5-star restaurant. I had the most amazing dinner. And the best part, was when he got on his knees and presented me with a ring. And surprisingly, I didn’t cry. Maybe I was too much in shock to cry, but I have no idea. And thankfully, I already had his gift on-hand. A super cool watch by Diesel. And I think he almost cried when I showed it to him. We ate, we laughed, and after, we watched “Titanic”. That movie never gets old. After that, it was about 7:30. My parents and brothers had left for a ceremony for my dad for his service to the U.S. And Hunley just would not stop barking. So right as the movie ended, we rushed upstairs, jumped on my parents bed, and watched the Notebook. Again, that movie never old. And right when the movie ended, he jumped on me, and we made out like their was no tomorrow. I felt pure adrenaline and love rushing through my veins the entire time. Our lips connected more times than I could count. My body went numb. I felt helpless, yet I didn’t want to be anywhere else. Other than that, I can’t explain it. It was amazing. But right as his hands started to wander, and seconds before it was about to get intimate, I heard the car pull up. At that point, we remade the bed, (because when you make out, the bed tends to get messed up), ran like antalopes downstairs, and jumped on the couch like we were there the entire time. Right as the front door opened. Best timing of my life. My parents seemed a little paranoid that night, but they never asked questions. And I liked it that way. And as I went to bed that night, I could still feel our bodies touching. I put the necklace he gave me on the table next to my bed, and then fell into the deepest sleep in my life.


CH. 4

That night, I dreamt Miles was being taken from me. I felt as though I was pushing him away, but at the same time, I wanted him to stay. The entire time, it was “life” all around me. I don’t know how to explain it. It was like I was in my life, but at the same time, I wasn’t. I was trying to pull and push Miles towards and away from me. His necklace that he gave me was stripped from my bare throat. I screamed, wanting to understand, trying to wake up. And I did.


CH. 5

The next morning, I woke up so fast my neck hurt for the rest of the day. I looked to my table where I had put the necklace Miles had given me, and it was gone. I tried to understand, but at that point, I realized my iPod was gone, my jewelry box was gone, and at that point, I realized what happened. We had been robbed. Just as this thought occurred to me, my dad rushed into my room with his 12-gauge shotgun raised and loaded. He checked my room, asked if I was ok, and when I said I was, he rushed into Matt’s room, and kicked open the door. (He later found out he broke the bottom hinge of the door when he did that.) The entire morning was chaos. But throughout the entire morning, I was thinking hard about the dream and the necklace that was stolen. And I started to wonder, if maybe Miles just wasn’t the one for me. But I quickly put this thought out of my head. “I love him,” I wondered. Why would I want break up the the guy who I loved? I tried to put that out of my head, but once its in, it can’t get out. So I spent the rest of the day trying to get it out of my head. I took Hunley for a walk. Me and Kirsten talked. The next week rushed by. With only about 2 weeks left of school, teachers were starting to lose the attention of their students. Me and Miles still dated, hugged, kisses, made-out. But throughout the month, the dream still haunted me. And I never told Miles about the stolen necklace. But something else happened.


The last Thursday of the school year, it almost got bad. Really, sexually bad. Miles was helping me look for my lock in the girls locker room. It was lunch, so everyone was inside the M.P.R. eating, and the teachers were in the teacher’s lounge. Right as I put my back to the locker to rest, he comes over me, we started to make out, and then he started groping me. This was a first, and I’m not sure I liked it. But, besides the fact that he was taller, stronger, and he was pinning me to the locker, I has no chance to go anywhere. But the adrenaline was still their. Everything tensed, we locked lips, his hands were everywhere. But just as they went for my chest, we heard the teacher coming towards the door. We hid under the locker, and thankfully, the teacher was only there for some papers. Just as the door closed, his hands went to my chest, and he started to kiss my neck. I felt so amazing, my mind went blank. My shirt came off, and at this point, I started making noises. And to this day, I swear my groaning was so loud, the slaves in Africa could have heard it. But right as he was about to take off my bra, my senses kicked in. And this time, the adrenaline kicked in hard, in this case, straight into his balls. He fell off, we got out from under the locker, and I was pissed. Why the slave did my boyfriend try to have sex with me?! Then I remembered the dream. Maybe someone was trying to tell me something.But at that moment, he got a call. He answered it, but, to his mistake, it was on speaker. And the words that followed broke my heart. “Hi baby, its Sydney. Meet me in the bathroom after school k?” I COULDN’T BELIEVE IT. MY BOYFRIEND JUST TRIED TO HAVE SEX WITH ME AND HE WAS CHEATING ON ME! I ran out of the locker room, and just as Amber was leaving the hall, I ran straight into her arms and told her everything. My mom picked us up early that day, and pick Kirsten up as well, because she was already out of school. And we went to the mall, but I was close to tears the entire time. My boyfriend had broken my heart and tried to have sex with me. I was pissed off, I was sad, I was tired, I felt worthless. But then Amber and Kirsten made the best plan ever for revenge.


CH. 6

Promotion  dance had just ended. Amber and Kirsten were sleeping the night, and that night, we were getting revenge on Miles. When he was out at a soccer party, we broke into his house. (When we were dating, he gave me a set of spare house keys for his house. They came in handy.) Thankfully, no one was home. We went to his bedroom, put some hidden cameras everywhere that were linked to my computer, and then we completely girlified the room. We took his t-shirts and replaced them with really girly bras. Instead of regular boxers, we put women's underwear in there place. His soccer jersey uniform, we replaced with the women’s equivalent. We put slow-drying glue everywhere. But the best part was rigging about 100 party poppers everywhere inside the room. You know how party-poppers pop really loud and spray confetti everywhere? Well we used those, except we had the “special” ones that my dad had gotten for me. And when I say “special”, I mean “bigger”. We rigged them in hidden locations everywhere, so that right when he walked in, he wouldn’t notice them. We left the house about 3 minutes before Miles got. We ran to my house, pulled open my laptop, and started recording. And we were laughing the entire night. Miles and Sydney went into the bedroom, and right as they were inside and the door was closed, I set off the poppers. And what I recorder was so funny, I swear I almost died of laughter. Miles and Sydney jumped up and down, screamed at the top of their lungs. In fact, Miles even used Syndey as a human shield for most of the prank. And when it was over, the room was full of smoke and confetti, me, Amber, and Kirsten were laughing uncontrollably, and Sydney was pissed at Miles. Apparently, using your girlfriend as a human shield gets you single. So we were surprised when we checked Facebook and Sydney’s relationship status changed to “single”. Meanwhile, Miles, still terrified, went to his drawer to change. And at this point, 2 things happened. First of all, when he saw the bras, he looked like he was thinking over a questions in jeopardy. He was so confused. And then, I guess one of the poppers which hadn’t gone off in the first place decided now was a good time to go off. So it pops, and Miles leapt back about 5 feet across the room, screaming the entire time, turns off the light, and went straight to bed. Best night of my life.


EPILOGUE

My summer vacation was amazing. Amber, Kirsten, and I spent an entire week in Maui. Hunley got a brother. Miles was out of sight and out of mind. And my life was great. #allthesingleladies

© 2013 Daniel Herrera


Author's Note

Daniel Herrera
Please note, this story is not really meant to entertain. Although if it does, that great. I created this story just to annoy my friend Em. Please read thoroughly and review, if you can spare the time. And remember, enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So I realize this story might be a bit vague at times. This is my fault, but hey, not bad for a first story. So please remember to read and review, because I read every single one, and they all help me out A LOT in writing future stories. Thanks :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love it its wonderful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Izabe143

10 Years Ago

Thanks It was made for my friends.
Daniel Herrera

10 Years Ago

And its great. My friend Em would love it.
Izabe143

10 Years Ago

Cool. Thanks for reading it. My friends love it cause their in it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2013
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: love, Miles, Em, romance

Author

Daniel Herrera
Daniel Herrera

Livermore, CA



About
I like to write random pieces of literature, mostly consisting of short stories and maybe a few poems here and there. Please review my literature, and please take the time to read it thoroughly. This .. more..

Writing