About me

About me

A Story by alexai
"

Want to know about me.

"

This is a story about me. It’s not really a long one though. I feel that no one really understands my condition and no one really takes me serious. So I’m going to tell you my story on how I got sick, how I ended up sick and how I got better.

 On the night when I got sick

I kept on seeing a little man dancing back and forth from my closet to my door. I told my mom on how the little man would sit there for a second and smile then continue on dancing back and forth. The look she gave is still memorable. She thought I was stalling because I didn’t want to go to bed. She came to my side of the bed and I pointed to where the little man usually is. Of course she didn’t see anything, but I still saw something. What happened that night I really don’t know? How can I remember this you ask? Well I don’t my mom told me and showed me the video on how I gotten sick. Anyway I was rushed to the hospital and the doctor said that I had insefalites I don’t know how to spell it but that’s what the doctor said. I didn’t get it from a mosquito the doctor still to this very day doesn’t know how I got it. I was hospitalized for three and a half months. While I was in the hospital I had suffered brain damage half of my memory was gone. I had gotten short turn memory loss. I had missed one year of school because of this. If it wasn’t for that stupid brain damage then I still would be in ballet and I would be in tenth grade. But I can say thanks to it sometimes because I have met nice people and friends plus amazing things. Anyway I had to go to a special school so I could get better but it didn’t make me feel better. I owe my thanks to my mom’s friend’s son and god. The reason why I’m thanking my mom’s friend’s son is because he made me start responding to things, I wasn’t responding to anything at the time I was in my own little world. His name was Timothy; he helped me respond by reading some flashcards to me. He held one up that read god and I read it. That day mom took me back to the hospital to tell them I was starting to respond to things, but the doctor didn’t believe her. Till that day on I have made more progress than anyone could imagine. I still was in my own little world but I was responding to things. My mom started to test me to see if I could respond to other things. She gave me a mirror and I started to make faces at myself, then she gave me my doodle pad and started to scribble things down. I had gotten better each day. There was just one thing we didn’t know I had. I had spinal minagites it means my back was starting to curve. It was because I was in a wheelchair because I couldn’t walk. When I had gotten better I still had to take things easy because I wasn’t all better I had a hole in my stomach where my feeding tube went I couldn’t eat so they had to poke a hole in my stomach. I also couldn’t eat solid foods only pedicure it’s a special kind of milk. It was good but having to drink every day and nothing but that it was getting gross.  I also have a hole in my neck because I couldn’t breathe they had to give me a trake so I could. I still have the scars to prove it to just in case you think I’m lying.  I had to go through a lot of things to get better after my sickness. I had to go to therapy so my legs could start working. They were stiff because I had been sitting in the wheelchair a long time. After a lot of time in therapy I made a whole lot of progress. I started to speak more, I could walk, and I could stand up straight. I still would forget things now and then but my memory is starting to come back a little. Once I had gotten better my mom was really happy and so was I, but one thing changed when I had gotten back home our little dog Queenie had died of old age. I was sad but happy at the same time because I know Queenie had a good life my mom had Queenie since I was a baby. After that my decided it was time to move away from Georgia so we moved to Virginia. I really liked it there, I had met a friend named Tammy and we still keep in touch through Facebook. But the two days I will not forget is when a blizzard had hit. There was snow everywhere and I was out for a week that was the best day of my life. The second day was that my untie had come to live with us, but only for a little bit because that’s when my mom had gotten a job offer in japan. I was a little worried about going to a foreign country but it turned out nice. There I had gotten in the N.H.S or National Honors Society and I got to go to Yokata with my best friend Tavionna, we stayed in a very nice complex. 

 So that’s the truth about me and nothing but the truth. I really hope with this information you know more about me.

© 2013 alexai


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

alexai
Hope you know more about me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Apple, how come i wasn't in here lol :) Now look what you did you made me cry lol :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


alexai

11 Years Ago

you are in there look for your name.
I don't know what I was thinkng.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 25, 2013
Last Updated on April 25, 2013

Author

alexai
alexai

Okinawa, Japan



About
I love puzzles and playing with my sister. I love the beach. I also love writing I've always wanted to write something and hopefully it will be published. more..

Writing
the future the future

A Poem by alexai