The Top 5 Teeth Whitening Facts You Need to Know

The Top 5 Teeth Whitening Facts You Need to Know

A Story by Jacqueline Woods
"

The majority of them said that their smile was their best feature. Whiter and shinier teeth were the most typical reaction. Your smile makes an impression on people the moment they first meet you.

"

Patients at Adelaide Cosmetic Dentistry regularly inquire about teeth whitening. In fact, when respondents were asked, "What would you like to enhance most about your smile?" The majority of them said that their smile was their best feature. Whiter and shinier teeth were the most typical reaction. Your smile makes an impression on people the moment they first meet you.  

 

Here are 5 things you need to know if you're thinking of getting your teeth whitened.  

  

1. How Teeth Become Discolored  

  Your teeth's color may have changed for a number of reasons 

Frequently, eating specific meals and drinking particular liquids will affect the color of your teeth.  

Consuming red wine, coffee, or tea can discolor your teeth. These beverages include pigments that will stick to your teeth's enamel Tar and nicotine, both of which are present in tobacco products, will leave brown and yellow stains, respectively. Time is a component as well.  

With time, the outer enamel of our teeth starts to disintegrate, revealing more of the inner, yellowish dentin. Certain medications, such as antihistamines, antibiotics, blood pressure meds, or chemotherapy, may cause your teeth to become discolored.  

 

2. How Teeth Whitening Works  

  In order to whiten teeth, bleaching agents like hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide are used. The staining agents are broken down through an oxidation reaction.  

 

3. Teeth Whitening Options  

  The fastest and safest approach to whitening your teeth is with professional teeth whitening at your dentist's office. When you use a large proportion of whitening additives, your dentist will be present. Your gums are protected from the encounter with these compounds, which could harm them during the process. An additional specific light or laser may be used to improve the treatment.  

 This only takes a few hours and can brighten your teeth by up to 10 shades. In just one quick visit, the Adelaide Cosmetic Dentistry team can brighten your teeth with several shades. Our skilled teeth whitening and bleaching services can remove years of stains in just one session.  

 

The next step is to figure out what's causing the problem.  

 As a less expensive alternative to professional teeth whitening, you can use whitening strips at home. They are made of a thin strip of material covered in a hydrogen peroxide gel. To reap the most benefits, the strips should be worn twice weekly for 14 days, for a total of 30 minutes at a time. If your teeth are unevenly spaced, whitening strips may not be effective.  

 Because they were designed for people with perfectly straight smiles, any overlapping or twisted teeth may result in strange regions that were not fixed.  

 

Alternatively, you may have difficulty getting the strips to seal properly. While whitening trays are more expensive than whitening toothpaste or strips, they may be the most effective method for brightening your smile. Many over-the-counter whitening tray kits include uncomfortable-to-wear trays that do not effectively fit your teeth.  

 If your dentist offers this service, they can custom-make whitening trays that fit your teeth and use less gel while providing a more comfortable fit.  

Whitening toothpaste is widely available. They contain gentle abrasives that aid in the removal of surface stains. They include gentle abrasives in them that help clean off surface spots. In contrast to bleaches, these products don't alter the color of your teeth. They only help with the surface stains on your teeth. 

 Whitening toothpaste and rinses are the least expensive and easiest to use because you simply replace the toothpaste with your regular toothpaste.  

 Toothpaste and rinses, on the other hand, take longer to work and only lighten your teeth by one to two shades. Furthermore, they do not last as long as other methods of tooth whitening.  

 

4. Not Every tooth Can Benefit from Teeth Whitening  

  Brown teeth often bleach far less effectively than yellow teeth, and grey or purple teeth may not bleach at all. Treatments for teeth whitening may not be as effective for you if you have discoloration brought on by a drug or an injury. Additionally, teeth whitening won't harm any crowns, fillings, caps, or veneers you might have.  

  

5. Possible Side-effects of Teeth Whitening  

  Tooth sensitivity is the most frequent adverse reaction to the usage of whitening agents. When the bleaching agent penetrates the enamel and irritates the tooth's nerve, this happens. You can try the solution again when the initial impact wears off since it is only temporary.  

 When using products you can use at home, keep in mind that going overboard can harm your gums or tooth enamel. Instead, follow the instructions on the box or talk to your dentist.  

 

Discuss the teeth whitening process with your dentist.  

 Before beginning the teeth whitening procedure, we always advise consulting your dentist. Your dentist will be able to tell you whether the procedure is worthwhile based on the state (and color) of your teeth  

 

Please call us at (08) 8271 977 if you have any questions or would like further information you can also mail us at [email protected]

© 2022 Jacqueline Woods


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 3, 2022
Last Updated on October 3, 2022
Tags: best dentists in adelaide, dentist in adelaide, unley dental clinic, adelaide smile and implant centr

Author

Jacqueline Woods
Jacqueline Woods

CT



About
I am beginning my career as a writer, and am working on a novel at the moment. I pride myself in my work, I have an independent approach and I am good at what I do. I also have life goals that I am cu.. more..