5 Steps to Prevent Drain and Sewer Backups

5 Steps to Prevent Drain and Sewer Backups

A Story by Drain Cleaning Service
"

Drain Cleaning Service is a local drain repair and plumbing company in Toronto that offers effective and quick solutions for all sort of plumbing installation, fixtures and drain maintenance services

"
Drains are essential components that are installed in a home to channel the flow of water into the sewer. Backed up sewers can cause great discomfort and damage to a home structure and hygiene. It is responsible for creating blunder onto the floor surfaces, walls, furniture and electrical wiring.

In additional to this, a sewer backup or an over flowing drain acts as a breeding ground for various harmful diseases and their causative agents. To remove all sorts of accumulations or clogs, its advised to get the drain pipes cleaned by a hydro-jet. For prompt and professional service, call drain cleaning experts in Toronto. In addition, take adequate measures to prevent drain clogs in the future.

Few steps to follow for cleaner drains are:


1. Dispose of Grease Properly:
The most common cause for drain backups is accumulation of cooking oil and grease. Oil disposed off in a drain gets settled down and takes the form of a clog. Washing grease down in the drain with hot water is not at all a suitable practice. As soon as the grease cools off, it will solidify in the drain pipe or a sewer line, thereby restricting the flow of water.

2. Dispose the Paper Products Properly: Paper towels, napkins and disposable diapers should not be flushed in a drain pipe. They wont get disposed off completely and can cause a great deal of trouble inside the sewer. Avoid disposing them in bathroom or toilet flushes. Wrap them with a paper and throw in a garbage bin, instead of drains.

3. Replace the Old Pipes: Old pipes were manufactured using iron material which tends to rust with time. Moreover, there are chances of tree roots to enter and grow in an old sewer line. To prevent this condition, its advised to get the old pipes replaced by the plastic ones from experienced plumbers in Toronto.

4. Correct the Plumbing Connections: Never try to connect french drains, sump pumps etc. to the sanitary sewer. These illegal connections can result in a clogged line. Consult a Toronto plumber to get all pre existing connections corrected. Avoid a drain installation that is full of turns, as it limits the water movement and promotes build-up.

5. Install a Backwater Prevention Valve: This valve is a type of fixture that is installed into a residential drain line to prevent the sewer back flows. A properly installed backwater valve helps in pumping out the sewage water and doesn't allow it to return or flow backwards. To avoid the drain backup problems, call a qualified plumber and get a prevention valve installed.

These were the few easy steps that can help in preventing sewer or drain back-ups. Drain Cleaning Service is a local drain repair and plumbing company in Toronto that offers effective and quick solutions for all sort of plumbing installation, fixtures and drain maintenance services at reasonable prices.

© 2016 Drain Cleaning Service


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on December 30, 2016
Last Updated on December 30, 2016
Tags: backwater valve toronto, drain repair toronto, toronto drain cleaning, drain cleaning toronto

Author

Drain Cleaning Service
Drain Cleaning Service

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
Drain Cleaning Service experts offer professional drain repair & cleaning services in Toronto. Call for drain snaking, backwater valve installation, drain inspection camera and many more. more..

Writing