4.21.2015

4.21.2015

A Poem by Yanina McKnight

We cannot and must-not see through the light. For the light is too bright, burning the interior of our minds. The precious capsule that contains the energy we breathe. Our wings fly through this thick smoke we call our lives. Taped and torn, but never fallen.
This fall brings burning turmoil within the leave-less branches of the trees. Seasons switch upon so quickly, the blink of an eye is as quick as a walk. Backwards, we see the dark turn to light.

© 2015 Yanina McKnight


Author's Note

Yanina McKnight
an entry that was written during the silence of ISS

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Light and darkness. We must dance in both. I believe people who seek the light of peace and joy. Can do okay. Darkness can overtake us with ease. I saw both places. I believe when we expand our vision and forget we are not so important. Our actions and words to make the world around us better. We will know dark and light places. Another powerful poem. Making the old man think too hard. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yanina McKnight

9 Years Ago

We will always know dark and light places, nothing of that sort will go away. If we appreciate the n.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Life is our decision. Good road or not. Light or dark. A very good poem.
Yanina McKnight

9 Years Ago

I agree, and thank you again
So simply stated, yet so bold. Love it :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yanina McKnight

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2015
Last Updated on April 24, 2015

Author

Yanina McKnight
Yanina McKnight

Austin, TX



About
Dream interpretation, writing, psychology, and photography. Dreams speak the words hidden away in the sub-conscious. Writing cleanses the mind of chaos. Psychology ties the mind, body, and soul i.. more..

Writing
Her Her

A Poem by Yanina McKnight