For All The Wrong Reasons

For All The Wrong Reasons

A Story by courtney
"

Its a Narritive Essay i wrote for school and thought i would share it.

"

     Everyone tries to impress someone in their life. It's like they crave the attention.  They hunger for a loving person to just give them a caring word or touch. I was one of those people. I did everything for the  thre wrong reasons, and ultimately I ended up just hurting myself.

     As long as I could remeber everything seemed to be about my older sister. Her name is Jamie- Lynn, and she is six years older than me. To me she seemed like the golden child. Now don't get me wrong. She made  her own mistakes just like everyone else. Yet my parents, especially my dad, never really got on to her for anything. I was the baby of the family and it seemed like no matter what I did I could never out shine my sister.

Whether my sister was getting into trouble or doing something decent for somone else she seemed to always have my parents wrapped around her finger. How I would have done anything for just one hour of the love or attention she had. Soon I went on to middle school and my sister to high school. I soon realized Jamie's grades started to drop. I finally Found the solution to all my problems. From then on I would do all I could to make better grades and finally out shine my goldern sister.

    I studied for years until finally in the eighth grade it paid off. At the end of my eighth grade year I was  Awarded the Presidents Acdemic Achievement Award. Finally, I thought as I rushed home to tell my parents. "Daddy guess what!!" I said soo excited I thought my heart would explode from the happiness. " Umm your not really a girl? Wait no! I'm a girl?" He asked in return. That was my dad for you always making evrything into a joke. "No" I  said in return with a giggle as I showed him my award. "I got the President's Academic Achievement Award!!" I stood there waiting for a reply. I felt  as if I had waited a million years before he finally looked down at me. " Thats really good." There was no emotion in his voice. There was absolute nothingness. It was a very bitter sweet victory for me that day.

     I will never forget that conversation for as long as I live. Looking back on it I regret trying to impress my parents. I'm proud of the accomplishments I have made.  I just wish I would have made them for myself and no one else. I was devastated when all my hard work didn't seem to mean much at all to him. I'm sad to say I learn that the hard way. The only person that can hurt me is me and I am done hurting myself. What other people think or feel toward me isn't important to me anymore. From then on I only improve myself for myself and no one else.  

© 2009 courtney


Author's Note

courtney
wat do u think of the writing itself?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's good; I like it. There are a few typos here and there though.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Added on January 6, 2009
Last Updated on December 16, 2009

Author

courtney
courtney

meridian, MS



About
Hi my names Courtney. As of right now i'm a senor in highschool while taking college algebra. I have a wonderful boyfriend who supports me in everything i do. more..

Writing
!ESCAPE! !ESCAPE!

A Poem by courtney