I Could Have Sworn You Liked Me Best

I Could Have Sworn You Liked Me Best

A Story by Tsuki
"

A girl realizes that the love between the boy she is romantically interested in and her, was just a made up delusion.

"
'I could have sworn you liked me best,' was what I thought the moment Clyde admitted who his crush was. All this time, I had been falling deeper and deeper in love with him, thinking he too, was in love with me. I thought the both of us had a mutual love, but were too embarrassed to say anything to one another. This was all my assumption; rather a delusion that I had made up on my own account to keep myself from facing the truth. I had known long before that Clyde was indeed, not in love with me. The way he acted towards me was how he acted towards everyone, spreading his kindness far and wide.

It would be obvious to anyone that Clyde liked Lenna, if they just observed him long enough. He acted the same towards her, but he was more kind and seemed to show more care for her than how he would with me, or anyone really. The look on his face whenever he gazed at her from a distance... It hurt me. It was my fault that I got hurt in the end, not his, but mine. I was the one who made up the fantasy between us, that never actually happened. He was not to blame. 

After admitting to his feelings for Lenna, shortly after they began dating. It was to be expected though, after all both of them had been looking at each other romantically for as long as I could remember. My first love my had not been fulfilled, but maybe one day some other man will be the one for me. Maybe then, at that time, I will no longer think,

'I could have sworn you liked me best.'

© 2015 Tsuki


Author's Note

Tsuki
I used a sentence from write world to write this~ ^-^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015
Tags: short story, write world

Author

Tsuki
Tsuki

CA



About
I'm a 13 year old, and although it's not a hobby, when I'm bored or feeling motivated I'll try to write something, they're usually short stories or unfinished ones though. more..

Writing
No Opening No Opening

A Story by Tsuki